IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

JoeZ Exhaust System + Blitz Throttle Controller REVIEW + Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 12:12 PM
ahlailai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JoeZ Exhaust System + Blitz Throttle Controller REVIEW + Pics!

Current Mods by date:

-30% 3M Tint (All windows)
--K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake
---LED Citylights
----Joe Z Full Catback Exhaust System
-----Blitz Throttle Controller

Just wanted to post a review about my recent install for the Lexus Community!

First off, I would like to thank Tommy at MusicBox and also a very passionate CL member for their help with the install a couple Saturdays ago.

Got my appointment at MusicBox very easily and installation pricing was VERY VERY reasonable for both items.

Joe Z Exhaust System – Install took about 1.5 hours. Fitment was great! Quality was outstanding! This is definitely a TOP NOTCH exhaust system. I’ve seen installs of HKS exhausts, Invidia exhausts, Borla, and many others and this exhaust’s quality and fitment is the same if not better than those reputable companies. Everything bolted up exactly and we had no problem with lining up the exhaust. Also, no problems with the pipes too close to touch either!!! After installing the exhaust, the car was noticeably louder with a more distinct tone to it. My friends told me the car sounded similar to a LAMBO. So far, all I got were compliments on the sound of this exhaust as it has a deep strong tone. The exhaust does NOT drone on the freeway. Exhaust is mainly loud on WOT, but can be driven so that one doesn’t get too much attraction from the Cops. Performance was like day and night difference, almost the same as when I got my K&N Intake installed. I noticed this almost right away after testing the car afterwards. Every morning, when I start my car, the exhaust tone is like HARMONY to my ears. Pictures Below ! =)

Blitz Throttle Controller – Install took about 10 minutes (thanks to Tommy at MusicBox). I don’t know what he did to do it so fast, but he managed to get it mounted in my ashtray and up and running in 10 minutes. Very professional install / wires hidden, everything tied neatly! The throttle controller is also day/night difference. When in SP1 or SP2 mode, the car responds much faster. When downshifting, it downshifts A LOT faster than before (With the JoeZ Exhaust, downshifting while in SP2 mode on the Blitz, sounds SICKKK). Shifting is faster and car seems to have unleashed another BEAST side of it that I have never seen before. Sometimes, it’s scary to turn it on. I haven’t gotten the reverse canceller yet, but I will as I heard that you need this to prevent any unwanted damage to your transmission. Pictures also below!!

O yea, btw, I noticed that my JoeZ Exhaust has a PTS logo on it, I think I am the first right?! Pictures below!

Last edited by ahlailai; 08-14-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: adjustments / bolding
Old 08-14-09, 12:53 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Am I missing something?
Old 08-14-09, 12:56 PM
ahlailai
Driver School Candidate

my post didnt come out. Dont know why. Waiting for admin to fix.
Sorry!
Old 08-14-09, 12:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

should be showing now
Old 08-14-09, 12:59 PM
ahlailai
Driver School Candidate

thanks for your help!!
Old 08-14-09, 03:25 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! The exhaust is truly one of a kind, I love every day of it...never get tired of the way it sounds.

Now you needa explain this Blitz throttle reverse thing now? What's that about? Sounds like a good idea to me...because I saw on the F forums that a guy blew his tranny and it was due to driving hard in sport and "M" mode with the blitz throttle on all the time. Guess it can actually be harmful.
Old 08-14-09, 03:34 PM
ahlailai
Driver School Candidate

i heard from a lot of people and also some techs that this unit is actually not damaging your tranny, but that if you use it in reverse or if its on while putting the car in reverse can soon if not right away blow you tranny.

in essence, blitz sell a reverse canceller kit for this unit that if you install which is the best thing to do, will turn the unit off when you put the car in reverse in case you forget to do it yourself.

this unit is pretty crazy.. especially the downshifting part of it. Downshifts are SUPER DUPER FAST now after installing the unit and having it in SP1 mode or SP2..
Old 08-14-09, 04:05 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Run the 1/4 so we can see the times. I've yet to see someone post a 1/4 time with the throttle controller to compare the diff from stock w/nanny controls off vs the throttle controller.
Old 08-14-09, 04:55 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by clifftrail
Run the 1/4 so we can see the times. I've yet to see someone post a 1/4 time with the throttle controller to compare the diff from stock w/nanny controls off vs the throttle controller.
I don't think it's used to increased your 1/4 mile. I'm pretty sure it's just for the response of the throttle to the driver.

And back to my original question, so it's only in reverse that this unit can mess with your tranny? Sure it's not aggressive driving thats going to do it?
Old 08-14-09, 05:42 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Blitz and the Joe Z exhaust, both are great products
Old 08-17-09, 03:51 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one from so cal with the joe z exhaust wanna spare some time for me to listen to the actual sound? i wanna compare it to borla. one that i have on my car...
Old 08-17-09, 04:06 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

joeZ exhaust plus blitz throttle controller is the BEST SET UP
I was freaking surprised by the way the car was responding when the blitz controller was on..
Old 08-17-09, 06:11 AM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
I don't think it's used to increased your 1/4 mile. I'm pretty sure it's just for the response of the throttle to the driver.

And back to my original question, so it's only in reverse that this unit can mess with your tranny? Sure it's not aggressive driving thats going to do it?
The whole point of this mod is to make the car respond quicker which should result in a better 1/4 time. Anyone can switch the nanny controls off and put it in manual mode if they want the car to be more aggressive and respond quicker. That is what people are doing to get the mid to high 12s. So IMO, if you spend 300+ for a throttle controller that only adds more buttons but doesn't make it quicker, why bother when you already have buttons to push? I want to see the comparison from the Lexus nanny's "off" and the throttle controller to see if there is a reason here to spend money.
Old 08-17-09, 06:54 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by clifftrail
So IMO, if you spend 300+ for a throttle controller that only adds more buttons but doesn't make it quicker, why bother when you already have buttons to push?
Clearly you haven't met the BMW V10 drivers....
Old 08-17-09, 07:54 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been reading all these great reviews of the Blitz Throttle Controller but still hesitant to get one because I'm not sure how much stress it's adding to the tranny from shifting so fast. We'll see, I may still cave and get it because it sounds pretty fun!...Darshana S...

Quick Reply: JoeZ Exhaust System + Blitz Throttle Controller REVIEW + Pics!