IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

JoeZ Exhaust System + Blitz Throttle Controller REVIEW + Pics!

Old 06-15-10, 09:45 AM
N54MPower
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weaponX
Thanks for the feedback on the Tom's/Blitz!

You can understand if some are a little reluctant to mess around with any wiring, especially on a new car.

I have to agree that the first few inches of pedal travel (sport mode) is a little...uhhmm...subdued.

Increasing the throttle reaction will definitely make things more entertaining.

I just don't want to know the answer to...if this may actually void the warranty?!
The Blitz/TOM's unit comes with a harness that plugs in by the pedal and takes all of 2 mins to install or remove. You'll spend more time looking for a place to put the control/display unit than it takes to install the functional part of the unit. There is no cutting or splicing of wires to the install.

What will or won't void your warranty varies and is determined by Toyota and the rep that they send to look at your case. I would think that in light of Toyota's recent issues with accelerator pedals (real or imagined) that leaving this installed when your car goes to the dealer would not be wise. In the end it's up to you.

Originally Posted by sweetbird
How hard is it to install the blitz ?
See my response above.
Old 06-16-10, 06:03 AM
sweetbird
Pole Position

Originally Posted by N54MPower
The Blitz/TOM's unit comes with a harness that plugs in by the pedal and takes all of 2 mins to install or remove. You'll spend more time looking for a place to put the control/display unit than it takes to install the functional part of the unit. There is no cutting or splicing of wires to the install.

What will or won't void your warranty varies and is determined by Toyota and the rep that they send to look at your case. I would think that in light of Toyota's recent issues with accelerator pedals (real or imagined) that leaving this installed when your car goes to the dealer would not be wise. In the end it's up to you.

See my response above.

sweet!!! thanks man!
Old 05-18-14, 11:28 PM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

does the controller give more hp or power ?
makes any difference ?
Old 05-19-14, 06:26 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throttle controllers don't add any additional HP. They just control how the throttle behaves when the gas pedal is depressed. For example, let's say the pedal is depressed 50%. Normally this would result in the throttle opening about halfway. With a throttle controller in a "boost" setting the throttle will open wide (WOT). Essentially the car will feel more responsive rather than faster. In an "eco" setting it would be the opposite.

Originally Posted by hamooduae
does the controller give more hp or power ?
makes any difference ?
Old 07-23-15, 07:53 PM
Twotwo
Rookie

Default Blitz

Originally Posted by ahlailai
Current Mods by date:

-30% 3M Tint (All windows)
--K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake
---LED Citylights
----Joe Z Full Catback Exhaust System
-----Blitz Throttle Controller

Just wanted to post a review about my recent install for the Lexus Community!

First off, I would like to thank Tommy at MusicBox and also a very passionate CL member for their help with the install a couple Saturdays ago.

Got my appointment at MusicBox very easily and installation pricing was VERY VERY reasonable for both items.

Joe Z Exhaust System – Install took about 1.5 hours. Fitment was great! Quality was outstanding! This is definitely a TOP NOTCH exhaust system. I’ve seen installs of HKS exhausts, Invidia exhausts, Borla, and many others and this exhaust’s quality and fitment is the same if not better than those reputable companies. Everything bolted up exactly and we had no problem with lining up the exhaust. Also, no problems with the pipes too close to touch either!!! After installing the exhaust, the car was noticeably louder with a more distinct tone to it. My friends told me the car sounded similar to a LAMBO. So far, all I got were compliments on the sound of this exhaust as it has a deep strong tone. The exhaust does NOT drone on the freeway. Exhaust is mainly loud on WOT, but can be driven so that one doesn’t get too much attraction from the Cops. Performance was like day and night difference, almost the same as when I got my K&N Intake installed. I noticed this almost right away after testing the car afterwards. Every morning, when I start my car, the exhaust tone is like HARMONY to my ears. Pictures Below ! =)

Blitz Throttle Controller – Install took about 10 minutes (thanks to Tommy at MusicBox). I don’t know what he did to do it so fast, but he managed to get it mounted in my ashtray and up and running in 10 minutes. Very professional install / wires hidden, everything tied neatly! The throttle controller is also day/night difference. When in SP1 or SP2 mode, the car responds much faster. When downshifting, it downshifts A LOT faster than before (With the JoeZ Exhaust, downshifting while in SP2 mode on the Blitz, sounds SICKKK). Shifting is faster and car seems to have unleashed another BEAST side of it that I have never seen before. Sometimes, it’s scary to turn it on. I haven’t gotten the reverse canceller yet, but I will as I heard that you need this to prevent any unwanted damage to your transmission. Pictures also below!!

O yea, btw, I noticed that my JoeZ Exhaust has a PTS logo on it, I think I am the first right?! Pictures below!

Where can I get a blitz from
Old 01-29-20, 05:19 PM
Humminbird
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have any feedback after installing Tom's or Blitz throttle controll on a 2016 Lexus IS200t Fsport? Please share good or bad. I'm looking for solutions to get rid of my throttle lag.
Old 01-29-20, 08:42 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Humminbird
Does anyone have any feedback after installing Tom's or Blitz throttle controll on a 2016 Lexus IS200t Fsport? Please share good or bad. I'm looking for solutions to get rid of my throttle lag.
Try the Apexi Throttle controller. I've used it on all my Lexus with great results.

Really easy install too.

https://www.carid.com/2016-lexus-is-...386322171.html
Old 01-30-20, 05:59 AM
Yri
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by N54MPower
The controller is only telling the TPS that your foot is pressing on the pedal harder than it is. In a nutshell you can send your transmission to heaven just as fast by pressing the accelerator harder/driving faster. Prudence and good judgement will help maintain the life of your transmission.

The reverse canceller is not necessary since you can disable the unit buy shutting it off and save yourself the extra wiring needed to install it. I have the Blitz unit on my car and manage to back out of my garage everyday without the car hurtling out of control onto my street .

I like the extra response you get with it without burying my foot in the carpet when I want the car to accelerate and I don't drive my car without. FWIW I drive my car on the SP1 setting.
To be honest, throttle controllers are not a NECESSARY option, but I suppose that using a throttle controller may increase a little more response, but at the same time, it might actually end up messing your TPS up.