IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tracked the ISF for the 1st time today

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 01:06 AM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracked the ISF for the 1st time today

Hi gals and guys, I tracked the IS-F for the very 1st time today at my local track Race City in Calgary, AB Canada. It was a fun experience with the F. First off I'm not a beginner in tracking as I have about 3-4 yrs experience of tracking back in 04-07 with a heavily modified S2000 that I use to own and it was quite race spec'd. The IS-F wasn't as nimble nor as agile as how my S2000 was but I can't really compare a race spec'd 2500 lb S2000 vs a 3700 lb stock IS-F but I must say it did pretty well for such a heavy beast. Only thing that dissapointed me was I couldn't carry much speed through the cornering but I guess coming from the S2000 again I can't compare.

I had traction control fully off, sport mode on and using paddleshifts. The good thing is the paddleshift is quite useful as I don't have to heel toe before entering high speed turns. I almost lost control once on one of the track's turns but I recovered(scared me a bit). It happened almost at the end of the day and my PS2 tires were giving out but all in all I had a blast. I got in about 20+ laps, about 4 hrs of tracking.

Sorry didn't take much pictures but I did get to use a chase camera I borrowed from a friend. One bad incident did happen was a friend's supercharged RSX (which was crazy fast) somehow caught on fire and the car blew up(2 explosions). Fire trucks and cops came but lucky noone got hurt. It's sucks to see this happen and it put everyones mood off and the event ended..

Enjoy

Videos:

ISF lap at Race City in Calgary, AB Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BztHEHQsE

My old S2000 lap at Pacific Raceways in Seattle, Kent. I really miss the S2000...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpSWzPnudE

About 25 cars showed up to this event. Alot of modified s2000's, modded RSX's and Type R's, a few modded Evo X's and Sti's, modded 240's with SR20 engine swaps with huge turbos, and only one other white ISF which was bone stock. There were alot of other cars just too many to list.

Here is a far picture of my buddy's RSX that caught on fire and blew up. Didn't get any close up pics of it because I didn't wanna risk getting close to it just it case it blew up. It was such a sad sight to see

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-18-09 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-16-09, 01:19 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow that looks like a fun track meet. A lot of nice cars. Sorry to hear about the RSX. Your F looks the best outta all those cars!
Old 08-16-09, 06:13 AM
abyars
Driver School Candidate

SO sorry bout your buds car. Looks like fun otherwise. What were your speeds on the straight?
Old 08-16-09, 08:10 AM
Sungkyo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The IS-F wasn't as nimble nor as agile as how my S2000 was but I can't really compare a race spec'd 2500 lb S2000 vs a 3700 lb stock IS-F but I must say it did pretty well for such a heavy beast.
Thanks for the great vid. Is it safe to assume your ISF is quicker around that particular track than your old S2000? I would guess the ISF to be quicker seeing how quickly you were passing the S2000's in the straights but your old car must have been fun in the twistys. Sorry bout your buddies car. Did the insurance company have any problem with the claim since it was a track related incident?

Thanks
Old 08-16-09, 08:17 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW that sucks!...

Originally Posted by Sungkyo
Did the insurance company have any problem with the claim since it was a track related incident?

Thanks
I don't think the insurance company covers you on the track... Well that's what I've heard. I haven't had an incident yet!
Old 08-16-09, 08:37 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

damn man... seems like alot of fun but hope ur friend came out ok
Old 08-16-09, 10:13 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang, glad to see your buddy made it out alright The event looks like fun! Did you have any problems wearing a helmet while driving the F?
Old 08-16-09, 12:35 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by abyars
SO sorry bout your buds car. Looks like fun otherwise. What were your speeds on the straight?
I was hitting speeds of 225km on the front straight and 200km on the back straight. If I exit the last turn on to the front straight with a perfect line my car should be able to hit 235-240km.

Originally Posted by Sungkyo
Thanks for the great vid. Is it safe to assume your ISF is quicker around that particular track than your old S2000? I would guess the ISF to be quicker seeing how quickly you were passing the S2000's in the straights but your old car must have been fun in the twistys. Sorry bout your buddies car. Did the insurance company have any problem with the claim since it was a track related incident?

Thanks

Yes with more experience on this particular track my car should be faster then a s2000. It really depends on the track though. On this track I was told a semi modded Type R with a good driver can do 1:27 and I was doing 1:33 this day but I'm only pushing maybe 50% since it's my 1st time on this particular track. My other friend does 1:30 with a semi modded Civic Si but he's very experienced at this track. I still have alot more improving to do since this was my 1st time at this particular track. Also no insurance does not cover racing accident events.

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Dang, glad to see your buddy made it out alright The event looks like fun! Did you have any problems wearing a helmet while driving the F?

nope no problems wearing a helmet.

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-16-09 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-16-09, 01:20 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive heard some great things about the F on the track its impressive, basically the first trackable car lexus comes out with is as good as other cars that have been doing it for decades. I cant wait to see the LFA
that sucks for your buddy man
Old 08-16-09, 02:16 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

i can't wait to take my car to the track! sorry bout your friend's RSX
Old 08-16-09, 02:32 PM
abyars
Driver School Candidate

140 down the front straight, well done. Was it as stable as your S2000 or more so. So many write ups concerning steering etc. I have a 2008 and have been dying to take it on a track but there is nothing close that I can afford to run it on short of the drag strip.
Old 08-16-09, 02:39 PM
ISF-88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by abyars
140 down the front straight, well done. Was it as stable as your S2000 or more so. So many write ups concerning steering etc. I have a 2008 and have been dying to take it on a track but there is nothing close that I can afford to run it on short of the drag strip.

It was stable on the straights at this speed. If your talking about as stable and rigid in the corners and steering response as how my s2000 was then there is no comparison. S2000 hands down but my S2000 I had a good 40k cad dumped into modifications. Comparing to a fully modified ISF then I don't know.

Also yes tracking a car can get quite expensive. I tracked at Pacific Raceways for 3 yrs(I go about 5-6 times a year). Track time costs, gas, tires, brakes, fluids and maintainence for the car the cost of it adds up. That's why I sold the S2000 and took a break from the tracking scene. It's just a too of a expensive hobby to play with.

Last edited by ISF-88; 08-16-09 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-16-09, 05:51 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

sweet... i just got done racing at Cal speedway.. ran some fast times and love how she feels. i was able to hit around 150 on the roval. i will post GO PRO video soon..
Old 08-16-09, 09:04 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Were you running stock brake pads, or did you put track pads on it? It looks like a pretty fast track.

Sorry to hear about the RSX - any time a car burns, it really blows chunks. It's almost never worth fixing.
Old 08-16-09, 09:23 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your buddy's RSX...sucks badly.

You have PM.

Quick Reply: Tracked the ISF for the 1st time today