IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 09:39 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

People that have gotten their rear view mirror replaced do you think the new one is much nicer or you prefer the old one better!! I know that new one fixes the vibration issue!
Old 10-19-09, 11:12 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What is the new IS-C mirror part number? I want to compare it to my Fremont invoice since they only added some internal parts, I still have the same exterior mirror and it still vibrates?

They used:

752021 Inner Rear View Mirror Assy
87810-53120 Mirror
Old 10-20-09, 04:53 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
People that have gotten their rear view mirror replaced do you think the new one is much nicer or you prefer the old one better!! I know that new one fixes the vibration issue!
Good: Fixed the vibrations and feels more solid
Bad: Looks cheap and hard to tell the difference between the buttons by feel.
Old 10-20-09, 10:05 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
Yes, IMO, it is nicer than the old one. This is the mirror:

http://www.brandnewauto.com/AUTO-DIM...-p6053591.html

Lou
Old 10-20-09, 11:03 AM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn stevens creek lexus is taking forever to fix my car. I mean come on i droped off on sat morning, and still no response. the service rep. is not very nice either nor keeps me updated! says it will definetly be done by monday, and then doesnt even call me saying it wont be done monday. Customer service rating zero.
Old 10-21-09, 02:07 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

After an eventful trip to a different Lexus dealer for the second time, I must say I’m very happy with my new rear view mirror. This piece is clearly more stable than the old mirror since just turning it requires considerably more force. The old one I can almost move it by blowing on it…haha Anyways no more vibrating mirror which is the way it should be on a 60k+ car!

I took my car the first time to Fremont Lexus and for some odd reason they replaced only some internal parts but not the main mirror cover! I even gave them the same TSB number posted here? I find this very odd and when I asked them about it they said nope it’s done!

With advice from CL I took my car to Stevens Creek Lexus and because they did not tell me their service department is NOT part of the sales dealer I drove to the wrong place so this started out bad. However I have to admit after getting to their service location the people were VERY nice. I spoke to Jaymie the service manager she apologized profusely for the error. She then put me in touch with Maria who was just simply awesome and really took care of me. They were able to get me done in under 30 minutes while I waited and I was even able to see my car through a glass window. I was so close to my car that the Bluetooth actually connected so I had to shut it off while in the waiting room!

So in the end I’m a very happy camper and Lexus will still be my top rated service department out of all the brands I’ve owned! A+++

rick
Old 10-21-09, 04:00 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey s4play was that you yesterday waiting at the light across the street from costco? in the grey is-f? cause i saw someone with a grey isf around 1:30-2pm, i was actually in a silver is250 comming to pick up my isf. i dont know maybe that was you.

yea got the new mirror,and it is so much harder to move now, and it doesnt even flinch now. I dont know why magnessuns is doing work not using the right parts even though i provided them with the part numbers for the tsb. magnessuns has great service also, but since its like 30mins away from me,and it doeent offer any beverages and this incident, i prob. be going to stevens creek from now on. i cant believe how many different drinks,coffee,donuts,etc.. they offer you as you wait for your car to be done. and i love the glass so you can see your car being worked on.
Old 10-22-09, 12:33 AM
Christan
Driver

Hi guys i know the 2010/ISC OEM /original rear view mirror uses the Gentex 50-GENK45A would the 50-GENK51A fit too? Its the only one that i can buy directly from a supplier here at the moment... please advise thanks!
Old 10-22-09, 08:20 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lx470man
hey s4play was that you yesterday waiting at the light across the street from costco? in the grey is-f? cause i saw someone with a grey isf around 1:30-2pm, i was actually in a silver is250 comming to pick up my isf. i dont know maybe that was you.

yea got the new mirror,and it is so much harder to move now, and it doesnt even flinch now. I dont know why magnessuns is doing work not using the right parts even though i provided them with the part numbers for the tsb. magnessuns has great service also, but since its like 30mins away from me,and it doeent offer any beverages and this incident, i prob. be going to stevens creek from now on. i cant believe how many different drinks,coffee,donuts,etc.. they offer you as you wait for your car to be done. and i love the glass so you can see your car being worked on.

No my IS-F is white

New mirror is 10x better than the old one, how can you guys like the old one more? Vibrates worse than a granny's tooth!
Old 10-22-09, 10:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
No my IS-F is white

New mirror is 10x better than the old one, how can you guys like the old one more? Vibrates worse than a granny's tooth!
Easy. No Playskool graphics and softer touch buttons. Mine doesn't vibrate, but I also still have working hearing despite years of working around loud noises and listening to loud music with headphones, so I really don't feel the need to make the mirror vibrate. I enjoy the sound of the engine most of all.
Old 10-23-09, 02:30 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You must not have sun roof open when driving at night. It vibrates excessively, which causes blurry view, without stereo sound.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Easy. No Playskool graphics and softer touch buttons. Mine doesn't vibrate, but I also still have working hearing despite years of working around loud noises and listening to loud music with headphones, so I really don't feel the need to make the mirror vibrate. I enjoy the sound of the engine most of all.
Old 10-23-09, 10:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
You must not have sun roof open when driving at night. It vibrates excessively, which causes blurry view, without stereo sound.
I never drive with the sunroof anything more than tilted. I wish it didn't have one, I'd like the car a lot better without it. It's just 60lbs of crap up high in the car. Probably one of the worst possible things for mechanical performance.
Old 10-25-09, 11:43 AM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I completely agree on the toyish appearance, which is why I've had second thoughts on getting it replaced. I'll have to send my regrets to the dealer.

Disagree on the position of the sunroof. It's a must-have for me. Guess it's my job to choose to live with the vibration.
Old 10-27-09, 09:57 PM
MicaISF
Pole Position

i had mine replaced with the new one today. my dealer was nice to replace it without giving me any hassle. i really like the new one a lot. it's much more stable and feels more robust. the bottons are not illuminated though, kind of makes it hard to open the right garage door at night.

i also complained about a rattle behind the instrument cluster. after a 20 mile road test, they still could not replicate the rattle. my wife thought some kid took it out for a joy ride, but at least it's not a true manual; it would be hard for anyone to damage engine and transmission with 20 mile drive.
Old 10-28-09, 12:38 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Havta re-enquire... any Canadians who've had this done with their dealer?

Quick Reply: New rear view mirror