IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F Vs BMW M5 E60

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 10:43 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the new corvettes are crap. I would say the interior of the c6 corvette is still a disappointment though. Go drive a corvette and tell me what you think. Most of the people that talk trash haven't driven one in a long time. I don't think the "4 seater" comment works either. The IS-F isn't meant to haul 4 people very often....at least comfortably. I put my kids in the back of my car and that is about it. A Z06 is the cheapest way to get into the high 10's with a basically stock car and DR.
Old 07-16-09, 10:54 AM
surrealSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO i dont think that m5 was in full M mode..... just because ive sat in both cars pushed hard and the m5 is just ridiculous when full sport mode..... might i add this was at a track. ISF is pretty fast v8 and tranny is on par but M5 is just phenomenal all around. its amazing how that car handles too..... car is a full size sedan....
Old 07-16-09, 02:18 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by surrealSC
IMHO i dont think that m5 was in full M mode..... just because ive sat in both cars pushed hard and the m5 is just ridiculous when full sport mode..... might i add this was at a track. ISF is pretty fast v8 and tranny is on par but M5 is just phenomenal all around. its amazing how that car handles too..... car is a full size sedan....

I'm totally 100% with you on this one! I've had my friend's M5 for weekends at a time and in full M mode, it will demolish the IS-F, no question about it. I don't think there is any mods you can do to the IS-F within reason that would give it an edge over the M5.

The other M5 driver was either not aware of the mode change or he was not driving correctly. The IS-F is a FAST car but no way it can hold a candle to the M5 if both cars are going all out which is to be expected with the BMW's 100k+ price tag and motor.

The arguement about the Vette being "the corvette is a piece of fine overpriced american POS" is so wrong on so many levels. How can you say the Corvette is OVERPRICED??

It's probably the BEST BARGAIN from every magazine that has tested the car. Yes I agree it's not the greatest quality but you are not buying for Italian craftsmanship. Speed wise it will beat just about everything out there except the very select elite group costing 10x as much.
Old 07-16-09, 08:53 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Talking z06

Yep , the C6 Z06 is one bloody fast car and the best high performance machine out there for the money - I use to own one . But if you really want to embarrass the M5 owner's out there , race them in a 09/ caddy CTS-V ! I did and beat em good too ! Should have seen his face after that !
Old 07-19-09, 07:27 AM
Looney100
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
Yep , the C6 Z06 is one bloody fast car and the best high performance machine out there for the money - I use to own one . But if you really want to embarrass the M5 owner's out there , race them in a 09/ caddy CTS-V ! I did and beat em good too ! Should have seen his face after that !
I just went to check out a CTS-V yeaterday. Those Recarro seats are phenominal.

I might be tempted to wait a year or two and pick one of them up after some other poor schmuck has taken the GM depreciation hit.
Old 07-19-09, 07:00 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

why did that guy say hes beating him because of his rims? i think thats one really dumb person?
Old 07-19-09, 07:51 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jctheplaya
why did that guy say hes beating him because of his rims? i think thats one really dumb person?
I think you should rethink what was said and read some comments before you consider someone dumb. You kinda belittle yourself with this comment.
Old 07-19-09, 07:51 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Looney100
I just went to check out a CTS-V yeaterday. Those Recarro seats are phenominal.

I might be tempted to wait a year or two and pick one of them up after some other poor schmuck has taken the GM depreciation hit.
I have to agree here. I was also impressed by the Interior of the CTS-V