Tire Comparison: Nitto Invo vs. Nitto NT05 vs. Nitto NT01
If your tires are close to retirement or you're looking for an upgrade, you've probably noticed that there are lots of options to choose from. Choosing the right tire to fit your car lifestyle can seem challenging. You will have to ask yourself as a driver what is important. There are many things to consider, such as track performance, on-road performance, wet performance, noise, ride comfort, looks, and expected mileage to name a few.
Nitto has taken some of the guesswork out of buying tires by explaining what each of its high-performance tires were designed for.
Nitto Invo- Ultra-High Performance Street
The Invo is Nitto's luxury sport tire, so it delivers a balance of wet and dry performance as well as quietness and ride comfort.
- The Nitto engineers used specialized computer software and digital test equipment to create a tread pattern that not only reduces perceived road noise, but has excellent wet and dry performance.
- The outer shoulder is made up of large, nearly continuous tread blocks that are optimized for dry performance and cornering.
- Large twin circumferential grooves channel away water
- 3D Mutliwave sipes are cut into interlocking ripples instead of traditional straight lines to provide wet traction Nitto Invo Ratings:
Speed - W, Y
Treadwear - 260 (W), 220 (Y)
Traction - AA
Temperature - A Click here for Invo sizes and more information.
Nitto NT05- Max-Performance Street
The NT05 is a Nitto's most aggressive non-competition street tire which is based on the Nitto NT01 race tire technology but designed specifically for maximum street performance.
- Large continuous center rib and big outer shoulder blocks provide a large contact patch for dry performance and cornering.
- Specifically formulated tread compound and reinforced internal construction provides crisp turn-in and excellent steering feedback
- Reinforced tread blocks and large continuous center rib provide rigidity and stability under braking Nitto NT05 Ratings:
Speed - W
Treadwear - 200
Traction - AA
Temperature - A Click herefor NT05 sizes and more info.
Nitto NT01 - Track Day / Road Race
The NT01 is Nitto's D.O.T approved dry competition tire designed for both the professional racer and the track-day enthusiast.
- NT01 compound provides the best balance of traction, consistency, heat cycle performance, and longevity
- Semi-slick shoulder block design that minimizes tread squirm and maximizes cornering grip and turn-in response
- For maximum dry traction, the NT01 can be shaved from 6/32 to 3/32 of an inch to reveal a slick with two grooves Nitto NT01 Ratings:
Speed Rating - Z
UTQG Treadwear - 100
Traction - A
Temperature - A Click here for NT01 sizes and more info.
If you have any questions or comments, pleaseclick here to contact Nitto Tire
This PostRelease® is part of an advertiser-supported program that sponsors Club Lexus. This program delivers relevant news and announcements as posts within the Club Lexus forum.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Last edited by PostRelease; 07-07-09 at 10:30 AM..