IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone else think the front styling of the F is ugly?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-09, 01:59 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else think the front styling of the F is ugly?

First, let me state this... if I could afford an F, I would get it in a hear beat, not hating here... I actually love the side styling and read of the car, but the front looks awkward to me... anyone else?
Old 06-19-09, 02:05 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope. I think it flows well with the rest of the car.
Old 06-19-09, 02:39 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

i'm not sure what you think will come out of this thread...

1. everyone will say yes and lexus will offer to redesign all our cars for free?
2. some people say yes, some say no (obvious)
3. war of words

regardless, a redesign will happen every few years
Old 06-19-09, 02:44 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

!WAR OF WORDS!

No, really though... I just wanted to know if I was the only one that likes the IS250/IS350 front better, thats all. Or if I'm alone.
Old 06-19-09, 03:04 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I use to think the exact same way as you, but guess what? after seeing the IsF for a while, when I look at a regular 250 or 350 now, I think they look too plain and the IsF looks very agressive and Im loving it. lol Wish Lexus would make an oem front lip for this car already. that will be perfect then. I like the lexon one but hate the fact that its not polyurethane and Im gonna lower my car in a week or two and hate cracking a $800 lexon front lip the first day or so.
Old 06-19-09, 03:09 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Overall, I really like the ISF. 2 things I think could be better. The faux tailpipes and the extra doors. Cars like this should come in coupe form.
The front looks pretty good to me.
Old 06-19-09, 03:24 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
First, let me state this... if I could afford an F, I would get it in a hear beat, not hating here... I actually love the side styling and read of the car, but the front looks awkward to me... anyone else?
At first I was meh on the front, But I LOVE it now. Especially when you look at it standing just back and to the side of the front wheel, the extra beefy bonet just looks great! 20 times better than the ISX50, sorry.

I have spoken about a friend who has the C63 and we both concluded that each car looks great from certain angles(better than the other) and ofcorse each car looks worse than each other. From dirrectly in front the C63 looks better IMO.
Old 06-19-09, 03:27 PM
cls552isf
Driver School Candidate

i love the front bu t i wish the hood had a bulge rather than the large beluga look, imho the tail pipes are revolutionary love them or hate them!
Old 06-19-09, 03:45 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

I like the front a is. Wish it had wider rear wheels though and a more flared fender in the rear but other than that it is sexy!
Old 06-19-09, 04:13 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Ugly? Not at all. But are there design miscues? IMO, yes. The tailpipes aren't attractive and I honestly don't like the color choice for the wheels. But overall, I think it's a nice looking vehicle.
Old 06-19-09, 04:48 PM
F BOMB
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not terribly crazy of the general Lexus exterior styling. That said, I don't think there's anything that stands out on the F which I don't like. The exhaust is probably the closest thing. I think the front is fine.

I'll take the interior of the IS line over anything else, hands down. It's both comfortable and tight at the same time. It's a perfect plastic Japanese speed toy.
Old 06-19-09, 09:42 PM
btwanky
Lead Lap

no offense.. i actually think the is x50 is kinda plain for a "sport" oriented car... i personally really like the bottom grill and fogs on the F
Old 06-19-09, 10:45 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

I think it's ugly and I love it

I think every car enthusiast should read up on the Futurist Manifesto
http://www.italianfuturism.org/manif...dingmanifesto/
1. We intend to sing the love of danger, the habit of energy and fearlessness.
2. Courage, audacity, and revolt will be essential elements of our poetry.
3. Up to now literature has exalted a pensive immobility, ecstasy, and sleep. We intend to exalt aggresive action, a feverish insomnia, the racer’s stride, the mortal leap, the punch and the slap.
4. We affirm that the world’s magnificence has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing car whose hood is adorned with great pipes, like serpents of explosive breath—a roaring car that seems to ride on grapeshot is more beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace.
5. We want to hymn the man at the wheel, who hurls the lance of his spirit across the Earth, along the circle of its orbit.
6. The poet must spend himself with ardor, splendor, and generosity, to swell the enthusiastic fervor of the primordial elements.
7. Except in struggle, there is no more beauty. No work without an aggressive character can be a masterpiece. Poetry must be conceived as a violent attack on unknown forces, to reduce and prostrate them before man.
8. We stand on the last promontory of the centuries!… Why should we look back, when what we want is to break down the mysterious doors of the Impossible? Time and Space died yesterday. We already live in the absolute, because we have created eternal, omnipresent speed.
9. We will glorify war—the world’s only hygiene—militarism, patriotism, the destructive gesture of freedom-bringers, beautiful ideas worth dying for, and scorn for woman.
10. We will destroy the museums, libraries, academies of every kind, will fight moralism, feminism, every opportunistic or utilitarian cowardice.
11. We will sing of great crowds excited by work, by pleasure, and by riot; we will sing of the multicolored, polyphonic tides of revolution in the modern capitals; we will sing of the vibrant nightly fervor of arsenals and shipyards blazing with violent electric moons; greedy railway stations that devour smoke-plumed serpents; factories hung on clouds by the crooked lines of their smoke; bridges that stride the rivers like giant gymnasts, flashing in the sun with a glitter of knives; adventurous steamers that sniff the horizon; deep-chested locomotives whose wheels paw the tracks like the hooves of enormous steel horses bridled by tubing; and the sleek flight of planes whose propellers chatter in the wind like banners and seem to cheer like an enthusiastic crowd.
Then you see cars as expressions of a design, not just some styling picked out by a bunch of focus groups
That's why not every car looks like a Volvo....
Old 06-19-09, 11:32 PM
jctheplaya
Lead Lap

Nope I love every aspect of the car
Old 06-20-09, 06:44 AM
FNMUPN8
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Two more "F"'s to consider:
Form
Function.

To a large degree the design of the front fascia and hood was to accomodate performance upgrades. Putting a big V8 under the hood as well as bigger wheels and brakes required most of the changes you see. It's not just "hey lets make it look like this". That is the beauty of performance cars when you can see the artistic flow and design built into required exterior modifications to enhance the performance of the car and its performance parts.
It's like the Nissan GT-R. Every line, angle, and curve on that car serves a functional purpose. When it came out it had quite of bit of criticism for its visual appeal. Once you understand the "whys", "hows", and functionality of its exterior design then you really appreciate the beauty in it. I find that no different for the IS-F.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think the front styling of the F is ugly?