IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

C6 vs IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 05:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by kickhard
No need for a Vspec when you can upgrade a regular GTR for way less and get much more performance. Plus most likely they wont come to the U.S. Just a stage 1 ECU upgrade from Cobb puts the Vspec to shame.

Cant go wrong with a GTR plus its easy to upgrade unlike the ISF. It makes the ISF feel very slow when I get a chance to drive it.( Damn shame a 400hp Lexus that does 0-60 in 4.5-4.8 sec feels slow)
After riding a 9 second quarter mile bike, everything feels slow.
Old 05-14-09, 05:09 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i luv bikes!

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
After riding a 9 second quarter mile bike, everything feels slow.
+1
Old 05-14-09, 05:28 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need for a Vspec when you can upgrade a regular GTR for way less and get much more performance. Plus most likely they wont come to the U.S. Just a stage 1 ECU upgrade from Cobb puts the Vspec to shame.

Cant go wrong with a GTR plus its easy to upgrade unlike the ISF. It makes the ISF feel very slow when I get a chance to drive it.( Damn shame a 400hp Lexus that does 0-60 in 4.5-4.8 sec feels slow)
i will probably do the cobb and the titek downpipe! im looking for a GTR used 2009 i found two with 5k miles in the 60's i kinda want a new one but i hear the 2010 does not have launch control?
Old 05-14-09, 07:12 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Here you go try this:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/t...one_143033.htm
Old 05-14-09, 07:30 PM
larrysb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a 2002 C5 Corvette convertible before I bought the ISF. I loved that car. I really miss the stick and the drop-top.

I don't think you can go wrong with either if it suits your fancy. The F suits my needs better at the moment than a Corvette would.

What I really want is a turbo cabriolet Porsche with a stick, but I just don't want to pony out the shekels for one.

I think everybody ought to get a chance to own a 'vette in their lifetime. It's a one-of-a-kind car, especially since the C5 and C6. Good solid vehicle, you can't hurt them if you tried.

The downside is you don't get the complete kiss-your-assets service that the better Lexus shops will give you. My C5 vert was as trouble-free as a car can get, but some were not.

Like I said, I loved it and would definitely consider another.
Old 05-14-09, 10:55 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DFLORES
i will probably do the cobb and the titek downpipe! im looking for a GTR used 2009 i found two with 5k miles in the 60's i kinda want a new one but i hear the 2010 does not have launch control?
not true all GTR's have Launch control. The big difference from 09 to 10 is the rpm it launchs at 3000 versus 4500 and using it does not involve turning off the VDC which voids the warranty with the old LC. Not to worry though most 09 GTR's are updated and can be updated with the new LC so no warranty issues. You cant go wrong with either year car. 2010s have a bit of a different suspension and 5 more hp. Honestly though I have never even thought of using the LC. The GTR is so much more than that. Its awesome enough just flooring it from a stop.
Old 05-15-09, 07:17 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not true all GTR's have Launch control. The big difference from 09 to 10 is the rpm it launchs at 3000 versus 4500 and using it does not involve turning off the VDC which voids the warranty with the old LC. Not to worry though most 09 GTR's are updated and can be updated with the new LC so no warranty issues. You cant go wrong with either year car. 2010s have a bit of a different suspension and 5 more hp. Honestly though I have never even thought of using the LC. The GTR is so much more than that. Its awesome enough just flooring it from a stop.
i hear that im actually going to drive one today! unless i cant get out i hope it does not rain so i can feel it better in the dry weather!
Old 05-15-09, 08:34 AM
qsz06
Rookie

I own a 03' Z06 vette.Heads, cam,longtube kooks and intake mods.It is an animal! But after driving them back to back there are tradoffs on either side. I actually like the steering feel of the IS-F better.And interiors cannot even be considered. The vette is a lot of fun to get sideways and drive fast but not for a DD. Saying all that they ride very much alike but the IS-F is so much more refined.
Old 05-15-09, 09:16 AM
okcfunky
Pole Position

Sensible choice amongst 99% of factors: ISF

if you have an unlimited budget and unlimited desire to make your car fast as hell in any way possible: C6.

I'm looking at an ISF as a daily driver. Having a caged track monster Z06... I'm biased towards having A/C and radio and ABS in a street car.
Old 05-15-09, 10:02 AM
1conbaba
Rookie

Originally Posted by DFLORES
i hear that im actually going to drive one today! unless i cant get out i hope it does not rain so i can feel it better in the dry weather!
Have fun DFLORES! tell us all about it!
Old 05-15-09, 08:28 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Thumbs up covette

I have driven an IS-F but ended up buying an 07/C6 Z06 vette , the vette is "scary fast" and is built very well .But after owning it a small while , the big Z was and is a "race car " , not a road car . So I decided that I wanted something different that is luxurious , four doors and almost as fast as the big Z06 , so I decided to trade in my vette for a new caddy CTS- V . I am now in "heaven" with this car as it is very fast and handles very well , but has the comfort and luxury I want .

CADYSHAK
Old 05-16-09, 10:15 AM
Reciprocal
Driver

I couldn't care less how fast the GTR is because it's ugly. The C6 is beautiful.

Happy with my IS-F.
Old 05-17-09, 07:58 AM
FPR1939
Pole Position

F is my DD but it is also fun on the closed track. At MSR I could stay with stock Vipers. For fun, I am about to start a Miata V8 conversion (I have three 1991 Miata shells). One will be converted to a SpecMiata, the second will probably be a 24 hours of Lemons car, and the third with get a massaged all aluminum LS2 with a T56 6 speed transmission and either a Ford 8.8 IRS LSD or a Getrag LSD. The conversion only adds 200 pounds to a stripped Miata that weighs 2300 pounds. So all in, the V8 conversion should weigh about what a '99 SpecMiata weighs but with about 5 times the horsepower.

From the outside it is difficult to tell that it is converted to the V8. Should be lots of fun.

Will start building as soon as our new house is completed (about 7 months from now). New garage will have a 2 post lift to make working on it easier.

Pat
Old 05-17-09, 01:03 PM
1conbaba
Rookie

Originally Posted by Reciprocal
I couldn't care less how fast the GTR is because it's ugly. The C6 is beautiful.

Happy with my IS-F.
even more beatiful from behind the GTR with a cloud of dust
Old 05-17-09, 02:04 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1conbaba
even more beatiful from behind the GTR with a cloud of dust
Grt is a slow car. It really is. A bolt-on C6 LS3 will walk all over it from a roll.

Quick Reply: C6 vs IS-F