IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 07:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Lou
Will the PPE headers yield similar results?
From the Dynos I've seen, the results between Sikky and PPE appear to be similar.

Lou
Old 01-19-12, 01:00 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to bring this thread back from the dead after so many months but I felt obligated to comment. I just spent my entire lunch break eating at my desk so that I could read this from start to finish.

This is hands-down the single most informative and useful ISF thread I've read since getting my car a few weeks ago. 16 pages with no mud-slinging and no hijacks, just awesome information and insanely thorough and detailed comments.

So thanks very much (everyone but especially caymandive) for taking the time to contribute like this to the community. I know a lot of people appreciate it very much!
Old 01-19-12, 02:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^If you like that type of thread, and I certainly do you may be interested in this one also:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-headers.html

Lou
Old 01-20-12, 02:09 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Nice, thanks. That took up today's lunch and was equally enjoyable.
Old 03-17-13, 10:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

just read through this whole thread. Great thread for new buyers. you put a lot of time and money for the community . good work.
Old 05-20-13, 01:39 AM
G9N
Driver

I just wanted to say thanks for such useful information.
Old 01-17-15, 01:11 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Took your advise James and went back to a factory manifold and intake. Just Sikky headers, Joe Z exhaust and a Zex system. Swapped out my BC for some Penskes too! Im excited to see if the changes show in my 1/4 times.
Old 01-18-15, 06:32 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Sound:
The Borla is quieter than the PTS JoeZ, meaning it doesn't sound as wicked, but the Borla still has a very deep tone, no rasp and it's definitely overall louder than stock, but the biggest difference I noticed is the Borla doesn't drone and I can actually drive around in auto-mode comfortably. I guess I could sum it up by saying the Borla sounds pretty darn good and is comfortable, while the PTS JoeZ exhaust sounds wicked good, but was uncomfortable to drive (without-cats).
this surprises me. i love my joe z but i think it's a bit too quiet. uncomfortable to drive? no way imo
Old 01-19-15, 01:18 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah joe z is perfect. There is like almost no drone (very minimal and it's not even bad). You can talk, listen to music and have conversations no problem
Old 01-20-15, 05:47 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Yeah joe z is perfect. There is like almost no drone (very minimal and it's not even bad). You can talk, listen to music and have conversations no problem
To clarify the JoeZ exhaust with headers is way too loud. Agreed alone the JoeZ is perfectly fine.
Old 01-20-15, 07:35 PM
darbs242
Racer

To clarify the JoeZ exhaust with headers is way too loud. Agreed alone the JoeZ is perfectly fine.
Way to loud is a stretch.... It's louder than a joe z without headers or a borla with headers. But I use my Bluetooth phone just fine and car conversation is not an issue. I just run the car in manual, one gear up. Above 2500 under vacuum the exhaust is honestly quite. My dad went for a ride in my car a couple months back and could not believe how quite it is for being a "race exhaust" set up.
Old 01-20-15, 07:58 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by darbs242
Way to loud is a stretch.... It's louder than a joe z without headers or a borla with headers. But I use my Bluetooth phone just fine and car conversation is not an issue. I just run the car in manual, one gear up. Above 2500 under vacuum the exhaust is honestly quite. My dad went for a ride in my car a couple months back and could not believe how quite it is for being a "race exhaust" set up.
Yeah the issue for me was I didn't want to have to always drive around in manual mode above 2500rpm to avoid the heavy drone/resonance. With the Borla and Headers it's comfortable all the time. I have to admit I do miss the sound of the Headers and JoeZ exhaust at times. It's the best sounding combo out there IMHO.
Old 01-20-15, 08:11 PM
darbs242
Racer

Yeah the issue for me was I didn't want to have to always drive around in manual mode above 2500rpm to avoid the heavy drone/resonance. With the Borla and Headers it's comfortable all the time. I have to admit I do miss the sound of the Headers and JoeZ exhaust at times. It's the best sounding combo out there IMHO.
+1, agree 100% when you brought me for the ride at the meet I was surprised by the difference in drone between the borla and joe z. But the joe z is a bit more wicked sounding.
Old 07-30-16, 01:20 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

It's been awhile, but I am back and have some exciting updates to my F! As you may have noticed, I've been fairly quiet for the past year. Well this was mainly due to SIKKY having had my car for R&D, but the car is now complete. More details will be coming shortly and will include "Dyno proven results", but I can tell you the headers are Gorgeous!!! These new headers have been proven to produce more power than both the original SIKKY headers and the current PPE headers. In fact even in 100 degree shop temps and with the addition of my new GESI Cats, my car is making more power (top end) than it did in the past! Until more detail is released by SIKKY, enjoy the teaser shots below!
Attached Thumbnails Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-img_1058.jpg   Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-img_1059.jpg   Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-img_1055.jpg   Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!-img_1062.jpg  

Last edited by caymandive; 07-30-16 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-30-16, 02:34 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

More options

Quick Reply: Independent DYNO Proven results by "Caymandive" - no BS here!!