IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-09, 05:14 AM
mondo540
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mrxslayx, what did this cost you if you don't mind sharing...it sounds like a basic Midas shop type could do this...cut out some stuff, weld back in....not too hard, I assume, for anyone who has the tools. Or am I assuming too much?

btw, a dyno before any mods woulod be interesting ...you are running away from cars (other than the 335) that should be a bit closer to you, unless they just gave up the ghost as soon as you pull ahead....so just to confirm, all you are running right now is a secondary cat and muffler delete...no other mods at all on your car?

Thx much...
Old 03-21-09, 07:56 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mondo540
Mrxslayx, what did this cost you if you don't mind sharing...it sounds like a basic Midas shop type could do this...cut out some stuff, weld back in....not too hard, I assume, for anyone who has the tools. Or am I assuming too much?

btw, a dyno before any mods woulod be interesting ...you are running away from cars (other than the 335) that should be a bit closer to you, unless they just gave up the ghost as soon as you pull ahead....so just to confirm, all you are running right now is a secondary cat and muffler delete...no other mods at all on your car?

Thx much...
It cost me less than 200 to everything. The welder who did it for me is my friend so i just gave him 200 and keep the remainder as a tip.

And your right. I should have dynoed the car when it was stock
Thing is i probably wont have time to get around to it for a little. But ill see what i can do.

Yep. All i have done to my car are secondary cat and muffler delete. No other mods. Though i win most races my car still isnt that fast to me. Plus its annoying that im mid pack in my car club. Unless we can start making serious power in our cars without spending 15k im most likely getting a zo6 by my birthday in late may.
Old 03-21-09, 08:54 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
It cost me less than 200 to everything. The welder who did it for me is my friend so i just gave him 200 and keep the remainder as a tip.

And your right. I should have dynoed the car when it was stock
Thing is i probably wont have time to get around to it for a little. But ill see what i can do.

Yep. All i have done to my car are secondary cat and muffler delete. No other mods. Though i win most races my car still isnt that fast to me. Plus its annoying that im mid pack in my car club. Unless we can start making serious power in our cars without spending 15k im most likely getting a zo6 by my birthday in late may.

those are nice my buddy makes 550 to the wheels in his but like he said his car is not fun to drive. sure its fast but its still an GM. i like his car but he says its too fast sometime.
Old 03-21-09, 09:11 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey daniel you will have to post videos of your car with the new stuff done.
Old 03-21-09, 09:18 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by fleadog99
Hey daniel you will have to post videos of your car with the new stuff done.
ok i will try tonight!
Old 03-21-09, 10:06 AM
verals05
Lead Lap

Try to get a dyno before any other mods. So we can see the gains... =)
Old 03-21-09, 11:27 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

here is a video I shot real quick of Daniel's new exhaust sound. It sounds mean, but not raspy. the wind kind of messed up the audio, but I think you get an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdjErsLBDI
Old 03-21-09, 11:49 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BLcbhOPMN0&fmt=18

compare which you like more mine needs to be recorded where its not so windy. feedback please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdjErsLBDI
Old 03-21-09, 01:51 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds good Daniel! Do you have any pictures of the setup now? I would like to see what it looks like under the car
Old 03-21-09, 02:19 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by bigmikeisf
sounds good daniel! Do you have any pictures of the setup now? I would like to see what it looks like under the car
i am going to get some! Also im getting all this done in tig weld mandrel bent too! :d just doing r&d first
Old 03-21-09, 05:15 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Daniel what setup did you end up going with?
Old 03-21-09, 05:20 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Daniel what setup did you end up going with?
since the cats were high flow i only did muffler delete. its nasty! sounds awesome the sound clip does not do it justice! i am gonna do another soon and dyno. Thanks!!!! fyi only cost 50 bucks to do.
Old 03-21-09, 05:30 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DFLORES
since the cats were high flow i only did muffler delete. its nasty! sounds awesome the sound clip does not do it justice! i am gonna do another soon and dyno. Thanks!!!! fyi only cost 50 bucks to do.
Good choice
Now get a box of tissues and find a tunnel and let it rip
Old 03-22-09, 06:56 AM
BLOWZILLA
Rookie

Originally Posted by DFLORES
so all you did was cut the stock mufflers off?
Old 03-22-09, 07:46 AM
FPR1939
Pole Position

To: Jbrady

You asked:

"Would love to do a backpressure test at various points. Any Houston owners interested in some testing? "

Peter Blach and I have been doing dyno testing at each stage of modification. We each picked up over 20 rwhp when we installed the Joe Z exhaust.

Yesterday while at Peter's TX2K9 event I met with the guys from Turbochargers, Inc. They are the ones who did the dual remote turbos on the Artisan SEMA car. They said they have now installed between 15 - 20 of the units on ISFs. They also are developing a CAP which they guarantee will dyno out at 20 rwhp more than the stock units. I will probably be getting one as soon as they go into production. Since I am now at 377 rwhp, another 20 would put me right at 400 rwhp.

Pat

Quick Reply: flowmaster