IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Eibach springs feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 04:52 PM
IS-Fast!
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach springs feedback?

I know there are a couple of guys/gals running the eibach springs on there "F". I am looking into installing these on mine as well, but before I do that I would like to get some feedback from the people running them on:

Ride Quality:
Any abnormal Tire Wear:
Effects on Handling:
Overall Opinion:

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-16-09, 05:52 PM
cm09578
Lead Lap

I would like to know this as well
Old 02-16-09, 05:54 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as springs can tell you on the IS-F, I don't have a clue. However the Eibach's on my 250 rode nice, but wore out quickly. By the time I traded in my car, which had to be only 4k miles on the springs themselves the entire car drove very hard and bumpy.

Don't go springs on your F...go coilovers!
Old 02-16-09, 08:20 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
+1

I would like to hear more impressions of the springs as well
Old 02-16-09, 08:44 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed these a few weeks ago.

Ride Quality: Same, When coming from the IS250 I noticed that stock it was bouncier, so with the new springs i did not notice any change.

Any abnormal Tire Wear: I have not noticed any different tire wear YET, I only had these on for a few weeks.

Effects on Handling: I noticed turning on the toll road, there are some turns on there that I would have to let my foot off the gas, because i felt the back end lunging, on those same stretches I can keep the hammer down. Not sure if it is in my head, but seems to have better cornering/handling.

Overall Opinion: For the price they are great, I can not go much lower do to my garage entrance / alley way. So right now Coil-overs were not an option. They installed with no problems, and the dealership didn't say anything to me about them when i went in for my 1000 mile service.

another point I wish the front was a little lower, but the back sits nice.

Old 02-17-09, 08:56 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by fleadog99
I just installed these a few weeks ago.

Ride Quality: Same, When coming from the IS250 I noticed that stock it was bouncier, so with the new springs i did not notice any change.

Any abnormal Tire Wear: I have not noticed any different tire wear YET, I only had these on for a few weeks.

Effects on Handling: I noticed turning on the toll road, there are some turns on there that I would have to let my foot off the gas, because i felt the back end lunging, on those same stretches I can keep the hammer down. Not sure if it is in my head, but seems to have better cornering/handling.

Overall Opinion: For the price they are great, I can not go much lower do to my garage entrance / alley way. So right now Coil-overs were not an option. They installed with no problems, and the dealership didn't say anything to me about them when i went in for my 1000 mile service.

another point I wish the front was a little lower, but the back sits nice.

i feel the same way fleadog99 does i like the handling; looks good on drop lower may rub. overall i love them and looks mean!
Old 02-17-09, 10:33 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

As far as springs can tell you on the IS-F, I don't have a clue. However the Eibach's on my 250 rode nice, but wore out quickly. By the time I traded in my car, which had to be only 4k miles on the springs themselves the entire car drove very hard and bumpy.

Well I have been a driver and passenger in Crazympg's IS-F both before and after his coilover install...

I can tell you for sure coilovers will clean up that temperamental bounce found on the IS-F OEM suspension and even my IS350 with OEM Sport Suspension.

Coils will give you the ability to setup a dead even perfect drop and adjust dampening to your liking..

If you can swing a coilover setup, that is what I would recommend in my honest opinion..

If not, Eibach springs should work well..
(but I have zero feedback to give you on aftermarket springs in general)

Joe Z
Old 02-17-09, 06:40 PM
IS-Fast!
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 02-17-09, 09:08 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The part of coilovers I dislike, you will need to have them rebuilt at a certain period. Some manufacturers require a rebuild at 15k miles...some of them at greater intervals.
Old 02-17-09, 09:23 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Good quality springs like Eibachs don't "wear out." More than likely you were noticing some other element like worn OE shocks or tires.

Have had Eibachs in the NSX for years and they still ride great.
Arguably, they ride BETTER than stock when coupled with good struts/shocks (the NSX has Bilsteins).

My brother also ran Eibachs in his GS300 for a couple of years, rode and performed great (although the drop was very subtle, 1.25")

Eibach is one of the best spring manufacturers out there, in my opinion.

But the IS-F isn't a cheap car, and if I were to lower one I'd prefer to use coilovers.

Also, Ryan needs to lower his IS-F.

Old 02-17-09, 09:28 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4

SHHH!!! ::: plugs ears ::: la la la la la
Old 02-18-09, 12:31 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Good quality springs like Eibachs don't "wear out." More than likely you were noticing some other element like worn OE shocks or tires.

Have had Eibachs in the NSX for years and they still ride great.
Arguably, they ride BETTER than stock when coupled with good struts/shocks (the NSX has Bilsteins).

My brother also ran Eibachs in his GS300 for a couple of years, rode and performed great (although the drop was very subtle, 1.25")

Eibach is one of the best spring manufacturers out there, in my opinion.

But the IS-F isn't a cheap car, and if I were to lower one I'd prefer to use coilovers.

I'm not doubting that Eibach doesn't make a good spring. That was the 2nd set of springs, after my TANABE NF's and I think they rode way nicer. Your right it could have been struts, or tires but whatever it was my car rode pretty bad. Every bump I hit, you felt through the entire cabin...even my father made a comment about the ride quality. Should have been paired with aftermarket shocks...although there still aren't any out for the ISX50'S.
Old 02-18-09, 05:42 AM
cm09578
Lead Lap

IF you have springs, can you please post more pics? Thank you!
Old 02-18-09, 09:18 AM
isbeater
Driver

I'd agree that coilovers are the way to go, but something hasn't been mentioned here. Coilovers are a lot of work to maintain and more importantly tune. If you don't know how to tune the suspension properly you're really going to affect the way the car handles (usually for the worse) at or near the limits. People generally do the best "guesstimate" to dialing in the suspension for damping and ride height. I'd suggest going for corner balancing and getting some help from someone who knows what they are doing... just my 2 cents.
Old 02-18-09, 11:21 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I PUT ON THE EIBACH SET ON MY F TWO MONTHS AGO.....SURE HANDLES BETTER ON TURNS THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I NOTICED AND THE RIDE FEELS THE SAME IF NOT A LITTLE SOFTER....BUT THE HUGE GAP IN FRONT IS ALMOST GONEBACK SITS PERFECT IMO WISH THE FRONT WAS A TAD LOWER BUT THE OVERALL EFFECT GIVE THE CAR A "WIDER MORE MEANER LOOK"
ESPECIALLY WHEN VIEWED FROM THE FRONT SO FOR THE PRICE U CANT GO WRONG AND FOR ME COILOVERS AREN'T WORTH THE PREMIUM UNLESS UR GONNA GO OUT TO THE TRACK MY F GOES FROM HOME TO WORK SO IT WAS A SIMPLE CHOICE GUESS IT GOES DOWN TO PERSONAL CHOICE.

Quick Reply: Eibach springs feedback?