IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 09:53 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1! i love how it sounds on the outside! and the inside isn't too loud! I loveee it!
Old 12-17-08, 12:08 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Looks like a quality exhaust! The vids are not working and the very most important thing in this install is not how much it weighs or how it looks but how it sounds! (From the great word of moth it is recieving it sounds pretty good).

Any one got a working link?
Hi Dave

Looks like all the links in Post# 1 are working fine at the moment..
If they are still not working for you.. Try these links too..

Here are the videos from a couple of months ago..

- Videos (click on below thumbnails to see)

On the Independent Dyno

Exterior Drive Video

Interior Drive Video

Thank You
Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-08 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-17-08, 12:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Damage
I do wish it weighed less. This car is a pig and needs to go on a serious diet. I'll probably end up going to a custom exhaust shop. Hopefully a custom titanium won't be too much. :O Are there dyno graphs? If it makes a peak of 25rwhp, then that's a great increase.

BTW, why did you split it into two pipes at the end instead of a single one like the OEM one? I think that's where you probably could've saved weight, but then again I don't know how that would've affected performance.
We looked at the posibility of building an entire Titanium System, but at that point the price would nearly double just for the material costs...

The Goal here with this Exhaust was to build a True Dual Exhaust System from front to back..
With an integrated X-pipe...Which is exactly what we did.
The OEM system clearly is not a true dual and is not designed for optimal flow and performance.
Considering our exhaust system has more piping perse over the OEM, it still manages to weigh less than the stock pieces.
This Exhaust is built to last....

There is a whole R&D thread dedicated to the dynos and specs during the prototype build of the system.

Somehow this thread managed to get derailed from its original intent to show the install pictures of the final product and support other members with questions during their install process, if needed.

Thank You
Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-08 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-17-08, 07:27 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys I just installed the exhaust yesterday and I have one word for you AWESOME, in terms of noise when you floor it sounds great. When cruising I hear a nice pleasant hum nothing instrusive or annoying. I do feel acceleration quicker than stock in all driving modes. By the way now I feel the power under my feet I am in heaven..LOL Thanks Joe I am loving it. I believe I am the first person on the east coast with this exhaust. This is the way the car should have sounded but factory, but I understand why lexus went the way they did to keep the "Lexus Luxury" aspect. If anyone has any questions about the exhaust feel free to pm me. I hope to post some pics this weekend....
Old 12-17-08, 10:27 AM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

great looking exhaust joeZ! good to see a true dual exhaust for that beastly car.

curious. have there been any rattle issues with the connection between the rear (exhaust) section and the mid-pipes? those flanges look awfully close.
Old 12-17-08, 12:08 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Thank You Guys!!!
This is Exactly what I have strived to achieve with out fail, to our Lexus IS Community for the last 6+ years.

Also, as stated many times during the R&D process.. All DYNO testing was / is INDEPENDENTLY completed by a 3rd party shop.

Thank You
Joe Z
Thanks for all the help and hard work, Joe.....I ordered mine this morning thru Cesar F. at Carson Toyota and he tells me you'll ship to him toward the end of the week, after which it will start its journey northward to me here in Canada....

Colin.
Old 12-17-08, 12:17 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Hey Guys I just installed the exhaust yesterday and I have one word for you AWESOME, in terms of noise when you floor it sounds great. When cruising I hear a nice pleasant hum nothing instrusive or annoying. I do feel acceleration quicker than stock in all driving modes. By the way now I feel the power under my feet I am in heaven..LOL Thanks Joe I am loving it. I believe I am the first person on the east coast with this exhaust. This is the way the car should have sounded but factory, but I understand why lexus went the way they did to keep the "Lexus Luxury" aspect. If anyone has any questions about the exhaust feel free to pm me. I hope to post some pics this weekend....
haha nice man...now go dyno it! lol
Old 12-17-08, 12:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by irv_usc
great looking exhaust joeZ! good to see a true dual exhaust for that beastly car.

curious. have there been any rattle issues with the connection between the rear (exhaust) section and the mid-pipes? those flanges look awfully close.
Great Question...

Answer:
NO rattling what so ever since those flanges are actually touching each other and securely braced together in that position...
Using the 2.5 piping gives very little clearance in some locations.
We decided to eliminate that possibility, by designing it so that there would never be any rattles in any of the tight areas.

Again Great Question...

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-08 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 12:43 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

No Rattles at all, the install went smoothly...
Old 12-17-08, 12:44 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISFer
Thanks for all the help and hard work, Joe.....I ordered mine this morning thru Cesar F. at Carson Toyota and he tells me you'll ship to him toward the end of the week, after which it will start its journey northward to me here in Canada....

Colin.
Hi Colin.. No problem at all ...

Thats Great News!!!
Old 12-17-08, 12:46 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

No Rattles at all, installation went smoothly. Thanks Joe for the install advice.
Old 12-17-08, 12:50 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

No Rattles at all, installation went smoothly. Thanks Joe for the install advice.
Good to hear.

What "advice" would that be???

C.
Old 12-17-08, 12:51 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Thats Great Alex.. Thank you!!!!

Glad to hear your install when just as planned...

Last edited by Joe Z; 12-17-08 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 12:52 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ISFer
Good to hear.

What "advice" would that be???

C.
Its just a few tips that will help the install go very smoothly for the installer.
It comes with the exhaust..

Joe Z
Old 12-17-08, 01:01 PM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Its just a few tips that will help the install go very smoothly for the installer.
It comes with the exhaust..

Joe Z
AAAASoooo.....Thanks Joe.

C.

Quick Reply: Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics