IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics

Old 02-16-15, 04:54 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Took some time to look the car over from stem to stern, only had 7032 miles on it when I bought it, so I got what I expected.
Attached Thumbnails Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics-image.jpg  
Old 02-16-15, 04:56 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Even with the tubing no longer being polished, this exhaust system really is beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics-image.jpg  
Old 02-16-15, 04:58 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Apologize for the multiple posts! Uploaded the pics together along with the verbiage, and?? Did it from my iPad and obviously something went awry...
Old 02-17-15, 09:48 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome to Joez club
Old 02-17-15, 10:55 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

I miss my Joe-z

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-17-15, 02:01 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine especially now that I have headers. Great quality exhaust.
Old 02-17-15, 10:23 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Welcome to Joez club
Thanks Blitz!

I did a lot of research on the systems available for our cars, and in the long run, the overall quality (as EpikOEM states above), the fit (including the bends), the TIG welding, the cost, and multiple sidebars with Joe Z (thanks for the incessant patience Joe, I am too **** for my own good!) regarding manufacturing processes and the economy of scale, sold me.

I agree my car now sounds bada$$. Initially I thought it was a little louder inside the car than I would have liked, but after I took my wife for a drive and expressed my concern, SHE was the one telling me she expected it to be obnoxious (like my LS powered Camaro, and my SB powered Nova, both of which sound perfect to me, but are 'slightly' obnoxious at WOT to her). She reminded me of how I still miss the sound of my blown 540 cid BB Chevrolet in my Eliminator Daytona, so she doesn't understand how I would think the F is loud with any exhaust!

Today I put some more miles on it, and I am digging it. Early this morning I was getting the clear bra installed (pretty much the only thing I don't think I would attempt on any of my cars), had a guy in his 60's driving a '15 Vette tell me he bought an '08 F new at Lexus of Riverside (CA), put 100k on it with no problems, wished he still had it. When I lit my F he stated "that thing sounds so good, mine didn't sound like that!".

Anyway, I love my exhaust system, the sound, the quality, the comments from everyone who hears it, the ease of installation. I think I made the right choice.
The following users liked this post:
texnJpr (06-22-23)
Old 02-17-15, 10:26 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
When I asked Carson Toyota they said yes it will fit in isf
There is no possible way it will fit in the trunk of an F when it is packaged, the box is quite large.
Old 04-09-15, 09:28 AM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have these part numbers?
  • Lexus O2 Sensor Removal Tool
  • OEM Exhaust Gasket for the front flange (may as well replace instead of reuse the old one)

Anything else I'll need to complete this install?
Old 04-09-15, 07:23 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FMYLIFE
Anyone have these part numbers?
  • Lexus O2 Sensor Removal Tool
  • OEM Exhaust Gasket for the front flange (may as well replace instead of reuse the old one)

Anything else I'll need to complete this install?
The gaskets are 90917-06078. I used one of my existing (Snap-On) O2 sensor tools.

One little tip to make it easier...

If you are using a hoist, support the front exhaust section on a tall stand and install the O2 sensors before you bolt the exhaust to the exhaust manifold. If you bolt the exhaust up and then attempt the O2 install, there is very little room between the exhaust system and the unibody frame rail to install the sensor.

Additionally, you can remove the rubber grommet/plug that goes through the stamped steel floorboard to gain some additional O2 sensor lead length, makes it easier to wind the lead up in the opposite direction of installation for a twist free install when tight.
Old 04-16-15, 01:00 PM
xianxian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does it pass emission testing?
Old 06-27-15, 04:47 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Got the JoeZ exhaust installed on the ISF about 6 months ago and finally got the "rattle" fixed by Tommy at Music Box after spending time troubleshooting. The metallic rattle I experienced was not due to heat shields or installation problems. Tommy addressed all those upon installation.

The rattle I was experiencing is from the resonator section of the exhaust near the end where the flanges are before connecting to the muffler pieces. The flanges were really close to each other, but had a small enough gap that causes vibration upon acceleration which was really noticeable when cold. After the exhaust warms, not much rattle can be heard. Fix was just put a piece of exhaust gasket in between the flanges and no more vibration. Ghetto fix and hope the gasket doesn't fall out, just in case others have this exact issue.
Attached Thumbnails Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics-img_4303.jpg   Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics-img_4301.jpg  

Last edited by itsmike177; 06-27-15 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-27-15, 05:55 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ Mike keep me posted if the problem persists...

Will double check the jigs on our side to make sure this problem is elimnated from future production units..

Thank You

Joe Z
Old 06-28-15, 10:03 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

hello, wow that was a fast reply! how would I go about getting this issue addressed? due to the flex in the pipes, the gasket has fallen off I less than a day and the rattle is back.... thank you!

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Mike keep me posted if the problem persists...

Will double check the jigs on our side to make sure this problem is elimnated from future production units..

Thank You

Joe Z

Last edited by itsmike177; 06-28-15 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-28-15, 10:51 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by itsmike177
hello, wow that was a fast reply! how would I go about getting this issue addressed? due to the flex in the pipes, the gasket has fallen off I less than a day and the rattle is back.... thank you!
Since you're local... We'll have you come down to PTS to take a look and make the fix...
Likely we will just Tig weld in a spacer OR separate the flanges a few more mm's..

Give me a bit to get some lift time there

Joe Z

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installation Thread: PTS Exhaust -Joe Z series for the IS-F w/pics