Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That steering wheel came out awesome
Old 03-23-12, 11:31 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
LEXUSWTF,
How do you like your Ventross CF lip? I am considering going with that one or possibly the I-code or Lexon CF lips. I prefer the look of the ventross, but have hear variable comments regarding poor fit, etc... I'm also concerned that it would scrape dips/driveways more than the other two I mentioned..... what's been your experience... ?
I Love this lip... I recently got it color matched.. perfect fitment for me (no issues there)... if your car is lowered, you'll scrape as i do... i got a shop that made a metal skid plate for me tho'... the gap in the middle is fully functional too.. (i know this because the downforce actually pulled it from the 3m tape.. read https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...t-130-mph.html)... .. I heard that Ventross has discontinued it tho'..

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  88.5 KB
Name:  8ff5af5b.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  32.7 KB

Last edited by lexuswtf; 04-09-12 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-02-12, 11:07 AM
ISFBHR
Driver School Candidate

Great thread, very informative. Lots of beautiful ISFs
Old 04-25-12, 04:05 PM
hungsmurf
Driver School Candidate

I did a search but couldn't find a answer. Does the ECU in the IS-F learn and make buying aftermarket intakes worthless? All I could find is some people thought the ECU would negate the 4-5HP gains from a new intake..
Old 04-25-12, 10:30 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fedex dropped this off yesterday
MXP Titanium ****, counter sunk ****. feels great and looks cool.

Old 05-30-12, 05:08 AM
ISFBHR
Driver School Candidate

Very Nice!
Old 05-30-12, 08:03 PM
quad
Driver School Candidate

has anybody tried the l-tunedparts.com stuff? In particular, the "Blitz throttle Controller" or the equivalent from "Tom's Japan Linear throttle control system?"

I have an audi right now with a plug in (forgot what it's called) but it sort of gives the car an extra "oomph" when you hit the happy-pedal. Just curious if the L-tuned parts stuff is the equivalent?

If so, is it worth the $500+ ?

Quad
Old 05-31-12, 07:34 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, they are a reputable site. That's where I got my Joe-Z intake from. Fast service with no issues. As for the throttle controller, many on the site use and love them. But I can't vouch for any. I do know that throttle controllers control how sensitive the gas pedal is (i.e. you won't get more horsepower). So you'll have more options of what the "Sport" mode button does.
Old 05-31-12, 08:58 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by quad
has anybody tried the l-tunedparts.com stuff? In particular, the "Blitz throttle Controller" or the equivalent from "Tom's Japan Linear throttle control system?"

I have an audi right now with a plug in (forgot what it's called) but it sort of gives the car an extra "oomph" when you hit the happy-pedal. Just curious if the L-tuned parts stuff is the equivalent?

Quad
I have the TOMS and it isn't worth it unless you're constantly launching the car. It does help initially on the launch or initially when you floor it while in gear @ high RPMs , but between shifts it does nothing. The car also jerks a lot when letting go of the gas pedal as if you were really bad at driving manual. Here is my comparison thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...os-inside.html
Old 05-31-12, 09:15 AM
psixtc
Pole Position

take a look at the A'PEXi throttle controller. It's half the price of the Tom's and gives you more modes to select from. I don't have personal experience with it yet (shipped today!) but have read good things about it. I decided to buy one based on the ECO modes alone. I've driven vehicle with an ECO, normal, and Sport mode and love the adjust ability based on my driving situation.
Old 05-31-12, 12:54 PM
quad
Driver School Candidate

ok, sounds like the "sprint booster" I currently have on my audi.

Any idea if this diminishes the MPG? Just curious...

Quad
Old 05-31-12, 03:49 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

ok, sounds like the "sprint booster" I currently have on my audi.

Any idea if this diminishes the MPG? Just curious...

Quad
Since it affects how you put the power down instead of making more of it, it all comes down to how you drive it. In my experience with the ECO modes on other models, the throttle response is dulled down and provides a slower acceleration resulting in slightly improved mileage (think of getting stuck behind a Prius in EV mode). With the Sport modes, I wanted to lay into it and have some fun. Unfortunately, I had too much fun and my MPG dropped.

The main point of the ECO modes in a vehicle is to reteach you how to drive a car to maximize fuel economy, so you should see some improvement in fuel economy. Using what you have learned in the ECO modes, the goal is to improve your awareness of your throttle application during the Normal mode. Sport modes are when you don't give a d@mn and need some ***** (reduced MPG). This explanation comes straight from the horse's mouth (driveability development engineer) that I trust 110%.
Old 08-20-12, 02:44 PM
Ojciec
Driver School Candidate

Quad
I never heard of l-tunedparts, so i went to their site. They have quite the selection, but seem to be expensive.
Old 08-20-12, 06:57 PM
DonTN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quad
I'm very happy with my Apexi, especially the clean install
Old 08-20-12, 08:01 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

check out my thread on the Apex one... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ontroller.html.... there's a 'how to' on the install too

Quick Reply: Official IS-F Modification Thread