IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Vishnu products for the IS-F? 25hp gains

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 01:09 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Expensive mod is one thing, MF Warranty voided is the other thing ;-)
nothing is worth 2,000$ for only a 25 hp gain......
Old 11-08-08, 02:40 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juice14
Vishnu makes great stuff. Im glad to hear the IS-F will be getting some serious mods soon. They'll prally charge $2000 bucks for it though hehe. but whoever buys an IS-F should be able to pay for these expensive mods.
I'm going to have to disagree. Having owned vishnu products in the past, I would say Vishnu has a terrible track record. Also very over priced. Also, I am not a big fan of shiv and his business tactics.
Old 11-08-08, 05:44 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey caymandive, since you already have an account over there, post this article so those guys understand a little bit better our tranny:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...ansmission.htm

Originally Posted by caymandive
Old 11-08-08, 07:02 AM
nuttybar08
Driver

Originally Posted by f=ma
I'm going to have to disagree. Having owned vishnu products in the past, I would say Vishnu has a terrible track record. Also very over priced. Also, I am not a big fan of shiv and his business tactics.
Have to agree on this one. When I was researching a car to buy I spent a lot of time on E90post scoping out the 335. Shiv was initially received very well but once his typical modus operandi became apparent the relationship soured. This became worse as competing tunes which are just-as-good-or-better and substantially cheaper came on the market. Unfortunately his status as a supporting vendor at e90 gives him a bully pulpit to silence his critics. His support for legacy products is virtually nil as the EVO community found out.

It looks like there will be better alternatives for tuning the F. I'm actually surprised Shiv wants to play here knowing the limited production...
Old 11-08-08, 08:28 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f=ma
Ive never delt with them, thats just what ive heard from some EVO people. and you are right, they are overpriced. If i had a 335i I would go with the JB its like less than half the price and same thing.
Old 11-08-08, 12:22 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nuttybar08
Have to agree on this one. When I was researching a car to buy I spent a lot of time on E90post scoping out the 335. Shiv was initially received very well but once his typical modus operandi became apparent the relationship soured. This became worse as competing tunes which are just-as-good-or-better and substantially cheaper came on the market. Unfortunately his status as a supporting vendor at e90 gives him a bully pulpit to silence his critics. His support for legacy products is virtually nil as the EVO community found out.

It looks like there will be better alternatives for tuning the F. I'm actually surprised Shiv wants to play here knowing the limited production...
+1, i'm on e90post quite a bit and shiv has a reputation for poor customer service. There are plenty of alternatives to his products, but you have to give him credit for being the first to come out with effective mods for the N54. Its just a shame that his double platinum semi-god sponsorship level allows him to do whatever he wants and have competition banned from the forum.