IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Things you dislike or would change.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 08:06 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A more tuneable engine and/or better aftermarket. Sort of going on a tangent but it would be nice to have more out for the ISF.

A wheel/tire combo that looked as nice and performed as nice but costs less for repair/maint/replacement.

Im not sure where this is going.
Old 09-22-08, 08:18 PM
rutiger
Rookie

Originally Posted by phantax
One of the first things I complained about when I drove the car was that the paddles were attached to the wheel, I much prefer them attached to the column like a Gallardo has.
if they're attached to the column how do you shift when steering around a corner? don't they need to be attached to the wheel so they move with the wheels and your hands?

anyway, some things that come to mind for me are:

- 3 blinks when you tap the turn signal lever (my past 5 cars have had this but not a 61k lexus?!)
- a heads up display
- wish the nav screen would stay on the last setting instead of going back to the map after using reverse
- louder nav volume, with windows down and music up i can't hear the guidance at all
- i'd prefer if all the chrome trim, emblems, and interior pieces were black or the color of the wheels

regardless, i'm loving this car. one of my favorite i've had in the past few years. way better than the 08 rs4 i traded for the f.

Last edited by rutiger; 09-22-08 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-22-08, 09:44 PM
larrysb
Driver

A stickshift!!!
Old 09-22-08, 10:00 PM
phantax
Rookie

Originally Posted by rutiger
if they're attached to the column how do you shift when steering around a corner? don't they need to be attached to the wheel so they move with the wheels and your hands?
That is actually the whole reason to put them on the column. Say you are taking off from a full stop and making a right turn, The + paddle will now be under / on the left side of the wheel making it difficult to shift into 2nd with your right hand.

When they are on the column they are a fixed point of reference and easy to grab no matter the wheel position.

I am sure it all comes down to personal preference though.
Old 09-22-08, 10:11 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Wish wheels would be cheaper. (not really cars fault)
More HP, More Torque, and Higher Redline
More space in the back for coworkers or employees
Wish people would stay calm when I WOT
Wish it had a built in frozen yogurt machine.
Old 09-22-08, 11:13 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Powder coated caliper from attached link (it's not my car). It ain't gonna be cheap if you can't uninstall/install the brake yourself.

http://my.is/forums/f136/my-modded-f-363579/

Originally Posted by NILEPIMP

6. #1 Complaint: The poor decision to paint the calipers black. A red or yellow caliper would look incredible and would highlight perhaps the best brake package out there. (Anyone out there paint their calipers?)
Old 09-23-08, 07:17 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f=ma
Wish people would stay calm when I WOT
Wish it had a built in frozen yogurt machine.
+1 for these two things
Old 09-23-08, 09:32 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts
Default suspension!

i love about everything else on this car 2 things that bother me

1)suspension

its stiff thats good when you are on tracking or driving aggressively but my highway trips i feel each and every thing on the road. its like a roller coster ride for 2 hrs.. i travel alot especially on highway so a setting would work like in the LS or GS that suspension i can adjust

2) front fender gap / and wheels offset dont look aggressive at all .
Old 10-07-08, 09:58 AM
CDN_Lexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phantax
MP3 playback from DVD-R discs
Unlock passenger door from driver side door handle
Ventilated seats
Gear display while in Drive (On center display where the D is)
A handbrake
With the doors closed and the engine off, depress the lock button and the trunk release button (at the same time and hold) on the Smart Key. A display icon on your dash info screen will display all four doors open.

You will now be able to unlock all doors by touching the driver's door handle.
Old 10-07-08, 07:07 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CDN_Lexus...great tip...thanks!

I would have liked to have seen the Nav system recognize daylight like my Garmin does. When light diminishes the Garmin switches to "Night Mode" and darkens the display screen so it doesn't light up the interior like Xmas. The current Nav is WAY too bright when driving in the dark. More often than not, I turn the screen completely off when driving at night (especially if the wife is trying to nap...lol).

I still LOVE my IS F....just my 2 cents
Old 10-07-08, 07:15 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Turn down Instrument panel light control ****. Nav screen will automatically change when headlights are on.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
CDN_Lexus...great tip...thanks!

I would have liked to have seen the Nav system recognize daylight like my Garmin does. When light diminishes the Garmin switches to "Night Mode" and darkens the display screen so it doesn't light up the interior like Xmas. The current Nav is WAY too bright when driving in the dark. More often than not, I turn the screen completely off when driving at night (especially if the wife is trying to nap...lol).

I still LOVE my IS F....just my 2 cents
Old 10-07-08, 07:19 PM
CDN_Lexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Turn down Instrument panel light control ****. Nav screen will automatically change when headlights are on.
Correct. Any setting below the maximum brightness setting for the instrument panel will achieve the "night mode" when the headlights are on.
Old 10-07-08, 07:58 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Thanks guys! Much appreciated....ummm so I guess I'll go back to looking for things to change....lol
Old 10-07-08, 08:46 PM
Lexus999
Pole Position

the ****ing saftey on our navigation system... cant change directions while driving ...thats pure rubbish
Old 10-07-08, 09:18 PM
PHXDiesel
Driver School Candidate

While most of the comments I've seen are completely valid, I have yet to see anyone mention my chief complaint.

There is not enough headroom in this car. I'm 6'1 with normal proportions and I can't sit properly in this car without my hair brushing the ceiling. If I were to go to the track, I could not fit in properly with a helmet on. I would have to recline the seat way too far back.

When I hit big bumps or dips, my head hits the ceiling. Not fun. I know the car was built by the shorter Japanese but come on! A car that was built for the track should be able to fit a helmet in.

Quick Reply: Things you dislike or would change.....