IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I got my ass handed to me in my IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-08, 07:04 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my *** handed to me in my IS-F

lost BIG TIME to my buddy's BMW 135 twin turbo....

My IsF = Stock...

His mods
dinan chip
pully swap
intake
ecu tune
STAGE 2

cost of his mods were only a couple grand and the ****er had like 4 lengths on me

also... my other buddy ordered the CTS-V!!!!! that god damn car has the UBER LS engine!!!! THE ****ING "UBER"!!!!! and im not looking forward to hear gloats in my face.....

it has now come down to this...

I WANT MODS AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lexus999; 09-12-08 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-12-08, 07:21 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus999
lost BIG TIME to my buddy's BMW 135 twin turbo....

My IsF = Stock...

His mods
dinan chip
pully swap
intake
ecu tune
STAGE 2

cost of his mods were only a couple grand and the ****er had like 4 lengths on me

also... my other buddy ordered the CTS-V!!!!! that god damn car has the UBER LS engine!!!! THE ****ING "UBER"!!!!! and im not looking forward to hear gloats in my face.....

it has now come down to this...

I WANT MODS AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A 135 with all those mods should absolutely fly. The power to weight ratio on a car like that with those mods is unbelievable. I've saw a vid of a 135 with a Dinan tune pulling on a Gallardo from a highway 50mph roll. They are fast. Not really apples to apples if you ask me. The ISF weighs 3800 lbs on a good day. So I wouldn't be too surprised by that one.

I've raced CTS-V's and have beaten all of them pretty easily. Half a length after first then goodbye at the shift to 2nd. But the new one will be a monster, 550 hp LS7. Again I think that is more of an M5 competitor or maybe the GS-F if they ever make it. Also not apples to apples.

Bottom line is, you need new friends. Or you'll be in for a long ride.
Old 09-12-08, 07:35 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DRE1615
A 135 with all those mods should absolutely fly. The power to weight ratio on a car like that with those mods is unbelievable. I've saw a vid of a 135 with a Dinan tune pulling on a Gallardo from a highway 50mph roll. They are fast. Not really apples to apples if you ask me. The ISF weighs 3800 lbs on a good day. So I wouldn't be too surprised by that one.

I've raced CTS-V's and have beaten all of them pretty easily. Half a length after first then goodbye at the shift to 2nd. But the new one will be a monster, 550 hp LS7. Again I think that is more of an M5 competitor or maybe the GS-F if they ever make it. Also not apples to apples.

Bottom line is, you need new friends. Or you'll be in for a long ride.

no kidding bro...i raced the old CTV and it was cake...however..i just got the car a week ago and now my ****ing hating friend decided to upgrade and get LS9 cadillac CTS-V.... all that thing needs is prolly a tune and pully swap and hes pulling at least 700 ponies to the crank... I AM now Scrred ..... reallly Scrrred.....

as far as getting new friends....im down for that!!!! will you be my friend?
Old 09-12-08, 07:40 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

also...correct me if im wrong but i thought the GS-F will be a V10 hybrid?
Old 09-12-08, 07:47 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Those 135's fu****g fly! I wouldn't be to worried about one that has been modified like that, as DRE1615 said, he saw one start to pull on a Lambo, that shows you the power to weight ratio those things have

I agree that the CTS-V is more of an M5 competitor. I mean, the F is quick, but those new V's are supposed to be lighting quick

I'm waiting for mods for the F as well, we're just going to have to continue to wait and see

We can all be friends
Old 09-12-08, 07:52 AM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus999
no kidding bro...i raced the old CTV and it was cake...however..i just got the car a week ago and now my ****ing hating friend decided to upgrade and get LS9 cadillac CTS-V.... all that thing needs is prolly a tune and pully swap and hes pulling at least 700 ponies to the crank... I AM now Scrred ..... reallly Scrrred.....

as far as getting new friends....im down for that!!!! will you be my friend?
Crazy, isn't it ? Not to long ago........in a galaxy far, far away....
300 HP and 0-60 under 5.5 seconds was fast...and that was for sport coupes !!!!!

My how things have changed but one thing hasn't...you'll always find someone who can outspend you for the bragging rights.
Old 09-12-08, 07:57 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vrferrari
Crazy, isn't it ? Not to long ago........in a galaxy far, far away....
300 HP and 0-60 under 5.5 seconds was fast...and that was for sport coupes !!!!!

My how things have changed but one thing hasn't...you'll always find someone who can outspend you for the bragging rights.
seriously!!! i just spent 70 grand and im being schooled by a 30K bimmer witH 2 grand worth of mods and a god damn STOCK caddy.... A FUKING CADDY
Old 09-12-08, 07:59 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

i really hate the vettes now!!! C5 zo6 beat me in a quarter.... a car that is 5-6 years older than my car
Old 09-12-08, 08:07 AM
hung8852
Pole Position

if you really wanted to be the fastest and want to beat a bmw in performance..you wouldnt have picked lexus.

we pick lexus because it got style and class.
Old 09-12-08, 08:10 AM
vrferrari
Pole Position

You know....if it was only about going fast for the least amount of money in a new car, I think everyone (and I mean everyone) would be driving Z06 vettes. I drove a Calloway C6 vette a couple of weeks ago in Texas during the Chevy sales event....580 HP s/c C6 convertable for 65K. full factory warranty and 75 ponies more than a Z06 (but heavier of course).

Bad thing about it is that with the current economy and the way fuel prices have been going lately, I think we might be ending the era of the great HP race we've witnessed overthe last decade. I think the era of 550 + HP sedans might well possibly end with the new Caddy.
Old 09-12-08, 08:13 AM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hung8852
if you really wanted to be the fastest and want to beat a bmw in performance..you wouldnt have picked lexus.

we pick lexus because it got style and class.
....and probably (hopefully ?) the most dependable 400+ HP sedans you'll every find.
Old 09-12-08, 08:28 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

....and probably (hopefully ?) the most dependable 400+ HP sedans you'll every find.
no dont get me wrong i love the style and class thats why i got my isf however. i would like to see some aftermarket apps..... im just waiting on for parts just like everyone else.... i want to be the lexus that can keep with these monster rides... hell i already spent 10 G's on my wheels and lower... i love the show but i want to back up the awesome look the f give off
Old 09-12-08, 08:30 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

You know....if it was only about going fast for the least amount of money in a new car, I think everyone (and I mean everyone) would be driving Z06 vettes. I drove a Calloway C6 vette a couple of weeks ago in Texas during the Chevy sales event....580 HP s/c C6 convertable for 65K. full factory warranty and 75 ponies more than a Z06 (but heavier of course).

Bad thing about it is that with the current economy and the way fuel prices have been going lately, I think we might be ending the era of the great HP race we've witnessed overthe last decade. I think the era of 550 + HP sedans might well possibly end with the new Caddy.

i think i can speak for all when i say

some people need to fit more than 1 person in the car....

how awesome would it be when a 4 door blows by those low 2 seaters...
Old 09-12-08, 08:31 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

^^^^ it can be done.... i seen a sti do it... of course he had t48 sitting in that LMAO
Old 09-12-08, 08:33 AM
vrferrari
Pole Position

I hear you . FYI...I just saw the other day that Greddy filed for bankruptcy. Hopefully this is not an omnious sign of the aftermarket industry for japanese based manufactures and the performance enhancement industry as a whole.

Quick Reply: I got my ass handed to me in my IS-F