IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My new lighting mods...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 08:24 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking My new lighting mods...

Well got my new lights and I must say it turned out pretty darn sweet They are the following:

1. Parking Lights: V.LED's SMT 5 LED in White: They are slightly more blue than the stock HID's but look much nicer that the stock wedge bulbs.
2. Fog Lights: Hoen Endurance Yellow H11 Bulbs ( http://www.hoen-usa.com/endurance.htm ): I did a lot of research and ultimately went with these because of from what I read of these bulbs they are pretty reliable and look the best. Most people have said that the Luminics JDM Yellow bulbs tend to fade, the MTEC Yellow bulbs were not very yellow. Also both of these run risk of ruining your stock harness and some have had they fail after a couple of months. The PIAA's are pretty nice but very pricey. The Hoen's look much nicer in person...I couldn't really capture how nice they looked on camera. Plus they provide much more improved visability compared to the stock bulbs. I doubt that the bluish tint "HID like" bulbs would have improved visibility. The are very highly regarded in most of the forums that I read. I definately recommend the the Hoen bulbs.

Old 09-08-08, 08:26 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks really good Was it hard to install the DRL (parking) lights? From what I understand one side is easy while on the other you have to negotiate the airbox
Old 09-08-08, 08:54 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Looks really good Was it hard to install the DRL (parking) lights? From what I understand one side is easy while on the other you have to negotiate the airbox
The Parking Lights and DRL's are different...the Parking lights are the 194 wedge bulbs. The DRL's are the 9005's high beams that just have a lower wattage running through them when they are in the DRL mode. I didn't change the DRL (9005 bulbs) out because from what I read, unless you change them out to LED's they still look yellowish no matter what 9005 bulb you use. If you do the LED's, you lose the high beams.

In regards to changing out the parking lights, they aren't too hard to change out. In regards to the airbox, you don't need to completely take it off...just remove the bolts that are holding it down and move it up so you can reach the bulb cover. You just have to take your time and you should be able to do in about a 1 hour or less.
Old 09-08-08, 09:13 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
The Parking Lights and DRL's are different...the Parking lights are the 194 wedge bulbs. The DRL's are the 9005's high beams that just have a lower wattage running through them when they are in the DRL mode. I didn't change the DRL (9005 bulbs) out because from what I read, unless you change them out to LED's they still look yellowish no matter what 9005 bulb you use. If you do the LED's, you lose the high beams.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old 09-08-08, 09:49 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could just tell the dealer to turn off the DRLs.
Old 09-08-08, 10:56 PM
Archibald
Driver School Candidate

Can you post some pics of just the parking lights on please?
aaron
Old 09-08-08, 11:28 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks very nice! I like the choice in fog lights being yellow, it's the way to go! Do you have any plan's of swapping out your stock lowbeams for a higher K? Maybe 6, or 8? IMO it would offset everything you've done very nicely.

Clarify one thing for me though, to change the Parking light on the passenger side, it's necessary to take out the intake or can you do it without removing anything like you could on the ISX50's?
Old 09-09-08, 12:20 AM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Looks very nice! I like the choice in fog lights being yellow, it's the way to go! Do you have any plan's of swapping out your stock lowbeams for a higher K? Maybe 6, or 8? IMO it would offset everything you've done very nicely.

Clarify one thing for me though, to change the Parking light on the passenger side, it's necessary to take out the intake or can you do it without removing anything like you could on the ISX50's?
if you got skinny fingers like me.....you don't have to take off anything besides the engine cover
Old 09-09-08, 06:56 AM
lfeharri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice light mods. I had the Yellow Nokya Fogs, but got tired of them. I just installed 8000k hid fogs to match with my 8000k low beams. I also have the same parking lights as u. I will post pix once I can find my camera haha.
Old 09-09-08, 12:08 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

This is very nice, on my "classy" previous car I coordinate the Fogs, low beam and parking lights, but for the "sporty" IS-F I think the high-visibility yellow bulbs are much more appropriate.

I'm ordering some PIAA H11 Plasma Yellow for my Fogs and some PIAA 9005 Intense White for the high beams, right now !

Edit: I actually ordered 2 HID kits from Clifford at MobileHID, one for the fog (H11) and one for the high beam (9005), now I just need my dealer to disable the stupid DRL !

Last edited by timeToy; 09-09-08 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-09-08, 12:42 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by timeToy
This is very nice, on my "classy" previous car I coordinate the Fogs, low beam and parking lights, but for the "sporty" IS-F I think the high-visibility yellow bulbs are much more appropriate.

I'm ordering some PIAA H11 Plasma Yellow for my Fogs and some PIAA 9005 Intense White for the high beams, right now !
I couldn't have said it better myself. Yellow ftw!!!
Old 09-09-08, 07:20 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The parking lights match very well IMO and those are stock HIDs?
Old 09-09-08, 08:30 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

it looks nice I like it a lot.......
Old 09-10-08, 08:22 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

nice i want to get those yellow fogs too
Old 09-10-08, 02:55 PM
NOVAGFC350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Well got my new lights and I must say it turned out pretty darn sweet They are the following:

1. Parking Lights: V.LED's SMT 5 LED in White: They are slightly more blue than the stock HID's but look much nicer that the stock wedge bulbs.
2. Fog Lights: Hoen Endurance Yellow H11 Bulbs ( http://www.hoen-usa.com/endurance.htm ): I did a lot of research and ultimately went with these because of from what I read of these bulbs they are pretty reliable and look the best. Most people have said that the Luminics JDM Yellow bulbs tend to fade, the MTEC Yellow bulbs were not very yellow. Also both of these run risk of ruining your stock harness and some have had they fail after a couple of months. The PIAA's are pretty nice but very pricey. The Hoen's look much nicer in person...I couldn't really capture how nice they looked on camera. Plus they provide much more improved visability compared to the stock bulbs. I doubt that the bluish tint "HID like" bulbs would have improved visibility. The are very highly regarded in most of the forums that I read. I definately recommend the the Hoen bulbs.

Are those stock 4300K HID Low? They matched pretty well with your HID low beam. Are these the same DRL bulbs for the ISx50? I need a link to their web site if you kindly post it. BTW, looking good

Quick Reply: My new lighting mods...