IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hennessey Motors sells their IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-08, 06:24 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houstonT
It's easy to jump on the "bashing" bandwagon when you see Hennessey's name. I can tell you that the inferences made here are not the case. John truly disliked the car, period. And guess what? That's ok! He bought the car for modding potential and figured out that exhaust and intake mods don't have enough potential for him to dedicate the time/money, on top of the fact he doesn't like the car, so he's selling it... Other than about 20 dyno runs, the car has not been abused, his wife put almost all the miles on the car (and she loved it by the way).

Of course he and I disagree b/c I LOVE the car and think it's the best thing since sliced bread...

Peter
So why limit ones self to intake exhaust mods?
Old 05-22-08, 06:26 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrisburke
FIve axis is coming out with a stroker motor soon. Its being made by toyota motorsports..
According to who? I don't think the motor needs to be stroked to make their power goals.
Old 05-22-08, 07:58 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Disclaimer: At this point, I am guessing...

He never bought the IS-F so that he could become a "Lexus" tuner...he bought the IS-F to find a new, fun product, that he could develop some easy mods for, that are relatively cheap, that would give us IS-F owners a "bang for the buck". Apparently, what he found was not to his liking????

That's the best I can do when trying to speak for someone else...

Peter

Originally Posted by MR_F1
So why limit ones self to intake exhaust mods?
Old 05-22-08, 08:25 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see why any of this impacts the Lexus community or the ISF community. John Hennessey is obviously trying to get his foot in the door with some other market types, the Lexus IS-F being one of them. You have to realize that this is still a business people. It obviously isn't worth it for Hennessey Performance to invest in this market if they are not going to be able to create enough products and/or make money on it.

There's really no need to bash Hennessey. They could've put out a bad product and had many unsatisfied Lexus customers. Instead they moved on. So let them. Stay classy Club Lexus.
Old 05-23-08, 06:28 AM
BLOWZILLA
Rookie

Because I am selling my house and looking to double in size (and probably in payment). My house and and family is much more important than my car. In addition, like I state in my F/S ad, it's NO big deal if it doesn't sell, then I will keep it. Anything else unrelated to this thread that you need to know? Pretty bold for a newb I must say....
Peter
no newb by any means, actually you and I have the exact same cars under the roof, except I might have a little my HP crm33184 on supraforums.com, search members rides...and there was no intent on my part to pry into your personal business, I only asked a question, you went into personal detail that I did not ask for, I was looking for a reply like, I’m moving on to another project, or the car didn’t turn out to be what I wanted. sorry if I ruffled your feathers.
Old 05-23-08, 08:39 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

I'm not sure how SF status changes the fact that you are a nexb here? In any event, this is a MOOT point and I have no dog in the fight. If you have questions about the sale of my car, please post in the appropriate F/S thread on CL. Let's move on.
Peter

Originally Posted by BLOWZILLA
no newb by any means, actually you and I have the exact same cars under the roof, except I might have a little my HP crm33184 on supraforums.com, search members rides...and there was no intent on my part to pry into your personal business, I only asked a question, you went into personal detail that I did not ask for, I was looking for a reply like, I’m moving on to another project, or the car didn’t turn out to be what I wanted. sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

Last edited by houstonT; 05-23-08 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-23-08, 11:27 AM
BLOWZILLA
Rookie

, its all about the cars............

I'm not sure how SF status changes the fact that you are a nexb here? In any event, this is a MOOT point and I have no dog in the fight. If you have questions about the sale of my car, please post in the appropriate F/S thread on CL. Let's move on.
Peter
Old 05-27-08, 04:19 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
It was more like he didn't know how to break the code for the Toyota/Lexus ECM.
LOL!!

I am glad to see him abandoning efforts to tune this vehicle. I do not want to see Lexus owners ripped off and taken advantage of.
Old 11-02-08, 03:42 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No mention of the car on there website site, they must have abandoned the project once again...