IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

DIY: Installing LED Puddle lamps

Old 05-08-08, 09:05 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the link. I ordered 2 sets, one for the doors also.

Koz
Old 05-11-08, 11:50 PM
isf hi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking lights and day running light bulbs

hi chikken can you tel me where i can get the brightest and best bulbs for my isf i dont like the yellow color on the drl and the parking lights so i just was wondering where i can get it let me know thanks aloha corey
Old 05-11-08, 11:52 PM
isf hi
Driver School Candidate

chikken i wanted to get white led bulbs for both and maybe ultra violet ones to
Old 05-12-08, 12:23 AM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by isf hi
hi chikken can you tel me where i can get the brightest and best bulbs for my isf i dont like the yellow color on the drl and the parking lights so i just was wondering where i can get it let me know thanks aloha corey
chek out www.vleds.com

thats where I got it from
Old 05-12-08, 08:07 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by isf hi

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=drl

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...55&postcount=9

Koz
Old 05-13-08, 07:49 AM
myculito
Lead Lap

Chikken, why did you remove the DIY pics? Get them back up man! I used your DIY when I did the DVD override, and I like your attention to detail
Old 05-13-08, 08:42 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Put the DIY back up!
Peter
Old 05-17-08, 06:13 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Chikken, can you put the DIY back up?? I just got the lights and would like to install.
Peter
Old 05-19-08, 08:30 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

So I think what you're trying to say is that you won't post the pics and directions back up?
Peter
Old 06-08-09, 08:01 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Are the inside of the mirror housings different for our F's than for the 250/350's?

It seems that there is plastic stopping me from just twisting out the cover and bulb from its plastic housing in the puddle lamps in ours but not in the 250's.

Here is a DIY from the IS250/350 by Cathafer: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2015986-post43.html

Any help as to how to access the bulbs to replace them in any IS-F would be appreciated! It seems that chikken's pictures have been deleted.

Malujerry? Btwanky?

I can't get the bulb or its housing out far enough to twist off the plastic cover to get to changing the bulb, and I've already spent 2 hours on one mirror!

Thank guys!
Old 06-08-09, 09:35 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I did:

There are 4 screws behind the mirror on each corner. Just push the mirror into any corner and use a long thin phillips screwdriver to unscrew at the opposite end. You will still have to pull out the corner of the mirror a little bit past what the motor allows it to go (At times it feels like it may break, but it didn't for me). Place one finger in between the mirror and the housing (creating more space) and unscrew with the other hand. Repeat in each corner. Once the 4 screws are out the outer housing should slide out (towards the front tires).

Then you'll have the wiggle the back housing that is still around the mirror back out (like towards the back tires) and then you can disconnect the wire to the light and wiggle the light bulb housing (towards the ground/back tires). The lamp housing and the bulb should be together, replace the bulb with whatever fits.

Placing it back together is harder. Place the new light bulb with housing back in through the bottom (you'll have the wiggle the remaining housing towards the back tires to allow the light housing the slide back it. Then try the place the outer front cover back on, all 3 pieces need to line up before it will pop together. You'll have the hold the housing to replace the first screw, after that it's just simply trying to balance the screw in between mirror and the inside housing. If it drops, you'll just have to tilt the mirror up and and screw will come out.

I would use a magnetic screwdriver and a friend to help hold the mirror to save time.
Old 06-08-09, 09:57 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Thanks so much for the quick & thorough reply!

Do I have to pull this piece apart? Or literally pull out the wires from it? http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...iversSide1.jpg

This piece on the bottom seems to be stopping me from pulling anything out..http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...iversSide2.jpg or from doing anything about the plastic lens covering the bulb..

Sorry I am a bit noob to the changing of these lights
Old 06-08-09, 10:06 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFfan
Do I have to pull this piece apart? Or literally pull out the wires from it? http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...iversSide1.jpg
So at this point, push in that clip and pull to disconnect (at the same time) - wire will come out alone, bulb and it's housing remain together.

Originally Posted by ISFfan
This piece on the bottom seems to be stopping me from pulling anything out..http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...iversSide2.jpg or from doing anything about the plastic lens covering the bulb..
The whole bottom piece (light bulb and it's housing) should slide out together. You'll have the pull your painted mirror housing that is remaining up and towards your trunk then somehow wiggle that lens piece down and back towards the back tires. At that point when it is out, is when you can twist/pop off the light bulb.

Hope that helps! Thanks for the pics, makes it easy to understand what step you're at
Old 06-08-09, 10:14 PM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Thanks so much malujerry! I finally got it to work after your directions!

I'll be sure to post pictures once its all done. I ordered blue Putco LEDs, bulb size 194 if anyone else is looking to do the same.
Old 06-08-09, 10:35 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

no problem! now you get to put it all back together which in annoying, you just have to be patient

Search this Thread