IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Official IS-F "Spotted" thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-08, 10:16 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man if only the pictures were more clear...............
Old 04-09-08, 07:28 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I was washing my IS-F in my girlfriends driveway and some guy drove by with another one in the smokey granite color I believe. It was really funny b/c I don't think he even saw mine 20 feet away. Anyways, it was in the Chicago burbs, Vernon Hills to be more specific. Later
Old 04-09-08, 11:09 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've spotted a smokey granite IS-F a couple of times on miramar parkway and pines blvd in west broward.
Old 04-09-08, 12:14 PM
xioix
Racer

spotted black is-f at cal state la today
Old 04-09-08, 03:15 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by powerwave
saw a white one parked today in the southpoint area in durham. first one i've seen out in the wild.

i stopped and stared for a little while... moved along just in time to see the owner opening the trunk... lol, oops. but i bet he was smiling.
Please don't tell me that y'all always had this thread, cuz I completely missed it last week when I posted.

anyway, I saw what is more than likely the same white IS-F last week on 15/501 in New Hope Commons. Ironically, there was a gray non-F behind it.

Also, if you're wondering, Johnson Southpoint has a gray one on their lot.
Old 04-10-08, 12:24 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

So, on Tuesday here in Vegas, I finally saw my first IS-F on the road. I was hanging out with my roommate in a strip mall patio outside Starbucks and I just looked up and a black IS-F with temp plates was stopped at the stoplight on the street (Eastern southbound, at Horizon Ridge in Henderson). It's an incredibly amazing car in profile, and I love the black with the gunmetal rims.

What's funny is no more than 90 mins later or so, I was leaving the same strip mall after having worked out at the gym. I checked for oncoming traffic when I saw a white IS turn in at a different entrance about 200 ft up the road. TBH, the most distinctive feature of the IS-F is the side vent behind the front tires. I barely got a glance and at a distance, to boot, but the side vents were very obvious. I turned back into the strip mall and spotted the IS, which was parked facing away from me at that point. It's funny but from that distance (which was about the same as from which I'd spotted it initially) I couldn't even tell if the exhausts were quad vents, although of course it's more obvious when I pulled closer. This one had permanent plates already.

Then the next day (yesterday) in the same strip mall, I was walking across the parking lot and a Ultrasonic Blue IS-F turned right into a parking space in front of me. This one didn't even have temp plates - just the Lexus inserts. The engine sounds fantastic even at idle.

So yeah, it's pretty funny - I'd never seen an IS-F before Tuesday, and within 24 hours I saw white, black, and Ultrasonic Blue models. Since those were the three colors I was considering, it's almost as if someone's trying to influence my jealousy to go buy one today or something. I must say this: Originally, I was 50/50 between black and Ultrasonic Blue, but I think I will definitely go with the Ultrasonic Blue. Honestly it looks even better in the sunlight than in the showroom. I also think that the white looks absolutely incredible. I still think I like the black better than the white, but white might be my second choice just based on that, if I went for a darker color, I'd definitely go for the Ultrasonic Blue over the black (if that makes sense somehow).

Were any of these CL people, btw?
Old 04-17-08, 12:56 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Default Official IS-F "Spotted" thread

just let you know i saw a red is-f driving today in federal way WA by twin lakes man that car looks soooooo nice the rims astounding the sound muah! i fell in love but i thought the exhaust was ummm different
Old 04-17-08, 07:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

IS-F in matador red do look good Gorgeous paint
Old 04-17-08, 07:51 AM
MrBruin09
Lexus Test Driver

you can never go wrong with that paint choice
Old 04-17-08, 09:20 AM
Seattle ES300
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to keep an eye out for 'em. Maybe it'll be doing the 1/4 at Pacific Raceways this wknd (weather permitting).
Old 04-19-08, 11:12 PM
snohman
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Blue IS-F spotted in El Monte, CA

at Stars Burgers on Lower Azusa and Santa Anita.

Anybody on here?
Sweet looking car! Loved the sound of the V8!
Old 04-20-08, 10:32 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

heh that was mine...I went to get some food there with my gf...
Old 04-20-08, 10:41 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

did you catch the is at the 1/4? i think it was a elder woman driving it
Old 04-20-08, 10:57 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

btw thanks for moving the thread to the right place im still in the learning process
Old 04-21-08, 12:55 AM
chums
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spotted a black is-f around factoria mall in bellevue, wa. was goin out to lunch with a friend and on the way back noticed you (if youre on the forums, that is)

Quick Reply: Official IS-F "Spotted" thread