IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-15, 04:45 PM
surga7
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hellooo, my name is Wen.
Picked up '14 F on 5/26/15

1) Black
2) Nav/ML
3) Black
4) '06 IS350, '08 ISF
5) No Pre-crash
6) Pics below

7) Sunroof
8) Duarte
Old 06-30-15, 09:55 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats on the F and welcome Wen
Old 06-30-15, 09:11 PM
SubieDoo17
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm josh

I ended up parting out and selling my 600hp STi, bought a 2013 Audi TTRS, traded it in for my 2008 Lexus ISF which was way more practical. This car may not have been as fast as my previous cars but what it makes up for is its class.

Old 07-01-15, 08:23 PM
akotic2
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey!

What's up Club Lexus
Names Adrian. From the beautiful city of Chicago Illinois.
2008 ISF Starfire Peal
Currently in the process of a build.

Intake on the way. In the market for Sikky Headers and a JoeZ Exhuast.

Old 07-13-15, 03:07 PM
LukeRich
Driver School Candidate

Hello fellow ISF owners, My names Luke and im in San Diego.
Im gonna try to get busy!
Heres my car

1. Red Mica
2. Nav
3. Black Leather
4. 2009
5. Clean Hitsory

7. Sunroof
8. USA
9. Will update

Last edited by LukeRich; 07-13-15 at 03:09 PM. Reason: more info
Old 07-15-15, 11:28 AM
AznP
Driver School Candidate

1. Obsidian
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. Sunroof or no Sunroof
5. Currently living in NC
It's a 2011 just bought it will upload some pics as soon as it's delivered Saturday.
Old 07-16-15, 07:44 AM
darksi08
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, picked up my IS F a week ago! Took me a while to get used to driving a traditional auto again, along with such a large car, but I absolutely love it. I tend to prefer smaller cars, and had actually placed an order for a 2016 STi, but, after realizing that the STi is just as big as the IS F now, I pulled the trigger when I happened upon the F. No regrets at all.

My wife has a 2013 MINI Cooper JCW - One of the most fun cars out there. Had a 2015 VW GTI (DSG), which was one of the most boring cars I've ever owned, despite being pretty quick. Other previous cars include a 2013 STi hatch, 2012 Mazdaspeed 3, 2004 STi, 2008 Mazdaspeed 3, 2008 Civic Si, 2002 IS300... the list goes on!

1. Mercury Silver Metallic
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. Previous owner of a green 2002 IS300 - MANY cars in between!

Old 08-01-15, 10:31 AM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

Default New member

From Oakland, CA. Picked this 2008 IS-F 2 weeks ago. Test drove C63 and M3. Decided to stick with reliability as past ownerships of Lexus cars has been nothing but easy and worry free.

Let the modding begin

1. Mercury Silver Metallic
2. Nav/ML
3. Black
4. Previous Lexus owner of SC300, SC400, IS300, IS350, GS430, and way too many other cars...
5. Clean history
7. Sunroof
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-f7a5348650_1024.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-bc828b4f49_1024.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-15750175e0_1024.jpg  
Old 08-01-15, 06:12 PM
mjkcpa
Driver School Candidate

congratulations to the new ISF car owners. I have had my 2008 ISF since new, and although it is six going on seven years old, I love it and get a THRILL every time I drive it. I live north of Tampa, and pearl white is popular down here. I have changed the wheels to some that are a little easier to clean, and did a K & N, but that is all.
mjkcpa
Old 08-04-15, 05:20 PM
Jadenmart
Driver School Candidate

Jaden fron Southern Utah. I've had my '08 for a couple months now, just a little shy to the forums.
1.Starfire Pearl
2.ML/Nav
3.Black
4.New to Lexus!!
5. Clean Title
7. Sunroof

So far I have done Joe Z exhaust (LOVE IT), spacers, and aftermarket subwoofer.
Old 08-17-15, 08:09 AM
devlish
Driver School Candidate

Default New IS-F Owner

Hello all, I've been on various Lexus forums for many years, just not too active since I sold my 2001 GGM IS300 a few years back. I had the 2001 for 3 years and LOVED it!! the Charcoal exterior, black leather/black suede interior, 5spd w/ LSD. most fun car I've owned. Auto Crossed it, tracked it, and took various road trips in it.

Sold that when I bought my first 2006 STi, and have since owned 3 STi's. Recently (last week) sold my last 2006 STi, that was 370awhp, with a bigger turbo, injectors, and more goodies. It was my weekend warrior, track beast, etc. I just rarely drove it. The wife and decided it was time to condense our 5 cars into 3, so we sold the STi and are currently trying to sell her SUV as well, and my 1986 Dodge Omni GLH-T :-)

She will be getting the 2008 IS250 awd (charcoal) that I currently drive everyday...
and I just paid for my....

2010 IS-F!!! it's being shipped from Cali to Wisc later this month. Texas car. super clean! can't wait for it to arrive!! Charcoal as all the other IS's I've owned. I must have a thing for charcoal Lexus'!

No big plans for now. maybe a JoeZ intake, and make sure the brakes are up to snuff, and possibly some new wheels for everyday use. I currently have LC818's on the is250 and love them... considering another matching set for the IS-F... but the wife isn't too keen on having "twins" in the garage. so we'll see.

I do plan to do a track day or two each year with it, otherwise just enjoy the hell out of it everyday I'm sure!!

I was at a track event earlier this summer and rode in a IS-F and I was hooked! not quite as fast in the straights as my STi, but kept up everywhere else just fine!! I knew it was time to sell the rarely driven STi, and get something I could enjoy every day!

Thanks all for the great info on this page... I suppose i'll have to post some pictures when it actually arrives!
(sorry for the long post on my car history)

-Kurt
Old 08-22-15, 07:35 PM
clochner
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. I recently picked up a CPO 2009 silver ISF with ~ 60k miles. I've been an Audi owner the past 10 years - traded in my B8 S4 for the new ride. I loved the S4 - it was decently modded (exhaust, intake, APR supercharger pulley and accompanying ECU tune). My best time at the track was 12.3 @ 112mph.

The ISF was always on my radar, and due to some various out-of-warranty repairs with the S4, I decided it was time to move on. After a few weeks with the new car, I'm absolutely in love with it. I cannot get enough of the V8 engine note, and it is plenty quick for me. Very much looking forward to getting some acceleration data at the track when the weather cools. Interestingly, my car came with the Takeda intake - not sure whether that helps acceleration wise, as there seems to be some debate on that from what I'm reading.

In any event, happy to be a new member here. I also hang out quite a bit on audirevolution.net. It's really a great forum for car lovers in general - lots of smart guys there who know their stuff. I'd recommend checking it out if you're looking for another good car forum.

At the moment, I'm looking for a second set of OEM wheels for winter - planning on picking up some Nokian R2 tires. If you guys know if anyone selling wheels, please let me know.

And here are a few pics of the new ride:

Old 08-23-15, 12:25 PM
zensation
Driver School Candidate

Hey fellow ISF owners, after a year of shopping around i finally found the ISF ive been looking for! Black on black and looking forward to getting involved in the community! Heres a pic of the new beauty as well as my weekend warrior!

Old 08-23-15, 07:43 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^The F looks good, however your front wheel is on backwards. The pattern should match your rear wheel. The wheels on 2008 & 2009 ISF are corner specific.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-is-f-wheels.jpg  
Old 08-25-15, 05:24 AM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Guys,
I've just got 2012 mica-grey IS-F with 40k km on it! I'm coming form Poland and my previous car was BMW e90 330i (and 350Z before that).
I think you're the biggest IS-F community world-wide and I'm really happy to join the club!

I'm very happy with the car and feel well with JPN car again. German cars are goo, but somehow Japanese cars have more soul to me.
For the moment I'm planning to leave the car in a stock form, only getting some race pads for front and set of track wheels. Done only 5000km with it so far but hopefully soon I will hit some local track to see how it handles. Loving the V8 and power, but I'm also loving relatively low fuel consumption when cruising on highway. the only complaint is really limited space in the rear - not easy to put my kid's seat there.

Some photos of my new ride:
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lex1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lex2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lex3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lex4.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lex5.jpg  

Last edited by Piciu; 08-25-15 at 05:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE