IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-14, 06:17 PM
weziebme
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Hey guys just like to introduce my 2012 USB/white leather Is-f 22000km . Coming over from swedespeed.com previous car s60r and itrca.com integra type r . Picked it up on my bday last week and absolutely love it. Mods are Hks exhaust swift springs and advan gt wheels not installed .
Looks great! Seems like it has been nodded nicely so far. Congrats and welcome.
Old 04-17-14, 12:07 AM
sr20bet
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running a bmw 1 series, acura tsx and s2000 at the moment.

Thinking of selling the daily driver tsx and getting an is-f.

Doing a bit of research at the moment.

1. Exterior Color
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML
3. Interior color choice
4.Anything you want to mention (options, others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
5. Pre-crash/or not
6. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
7. Sunroof or no Sunroof
8. If your INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
9. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)
Old 04-18-14, 01:01 PM
KushinGS4
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my baby ..

2010 ISF Serious 2 package

1. Black
2. Nav/ML
3. Interior Black
4. 44,000 kms,
5. PICS
7. Sunroof
8. Toronto, ON

Question for some fellow ISF'ers ... can i lower my car and still be covered under warranty ?

Last edited by KushinGS4; 04-19-14 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-21-14, 06:05 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KushinGS4

1. Black
2. Nav/ML
3. Interior Black
4. 44,000 kms,
5. PICS
7. Sunroof
8. Toronto, ON

Question for some fellow ISF'ers ... can i lower my car and still be covered under warranty ?
Congrats on the purchase you'll love the car , next time maybe join us at the track to answer your question yes you can lower it that will not void your warranty. Pm me if you want I might be selling my swift springs and would rather deal locally , Id like to try coilovers at this point . Check out my post in this thread and you'll see how she sits .
Cheers and enjoy the ride and welcome to the Club
Old 04-25-14, 12:06 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Update: Pics before mods-
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dscn2200a.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dscn2199a.jpg  
Old 04-28-14, 12:09 PM
Rickna
Racer

Originally Posted by KushinGS4

1. Black
2. Nav/ML
3. Interior Black
4. 44,000 kms,
5. PICS
7. Sunroof
8. Toronto, ON

One word-Beautiful!
Old 05-04-14, 07:20 PM
Eye8
Driver School Candidate

From Toronto- just picked up a 2010 Series 2 with 28K kms on it. Started wanting an F after my friend got an 08 a couple years ago. Just the exhaust tone got me going every time I heard it, so picked one up too.

Name:  isf01.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  30.7 KB

Planed Mods- nothing extreme, as I have to DD it and see clients with it as well:
- tints first
- Coilovers (probably BC racing)
- Intake (probably JoeZ)
- Headers (probable PPE)
- Exhaust (probably Borla)

and then probably a sprint booster as well, since the drive-by-wire and the auto tranny still has a barely perceptible lag which a sprint booster will hopefully help a bit.

It's been pretty fun to drive so far, so looking forward to the years ahead!
Old 05-09-14, 05:55 PM
Racer2fst
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello All- New IS-F (2011) Owner

Hello Members- I just bought a 2011 Obsidian Black IS-F. It sat at Tyson's Ford in Tyson's Corner,VA for over a year and I finally decided to take a look at it.

It has been fitted with Seibon Carbon Fiber front fenders and hood and rear decklid. The dealership has painted the carbon fiber to match the rest of the car.

It also has Tein lowering springs and SSR Professor 1 19" wheels. It has grown on me and now that I have it, it looks a lot different than a stock IS-F just from it's stance. It also has H&R wheel spacers front and rear.

It's also fitted with a electronic exhaust bypass that makes it sound like an absolute beast...(along the lines of the wonderful sounding C63) at the push of a button. the dealer bought the car at auction in Illinois and they think it was a show car that traveled the country. It has 33K miles on it and it runs great. I had to replace the battery due to it sitting so long and I think I need to adjust the headlight sensor since I get the "check headlight system" from time to time but otherwise, it runs like a champ.

Glad to be part of the club...

Rob
Old 05-12-14, 03:28 AM
Rickna
Racer

Originally Posted by Racer2fst
Hello Members- I just bought a 2011 Obsidian Black IS-F. It sat at Tyson's Ford in Tyson's Corner,VA for over a year and I finally decided to take a look at it.

It has been fitted with Seibon Carbon Fiber front fenders and hood and rear decklid. The dealership has painted the carbon fiber to match the rest of the car.

It also has Tein lowering springs and SSR Professor 1 19" wheels. It has grown on me and now that I have it, it looks a lot different than a stock IS-F just from it's stance. It also has H&R wheel spacers front and rear.

It's also fitted with a electronic exhaust bypass that makes it sound like an absolute beast...(along the lines of the wonderful sounding C63) at the push of a button. the dealer bought the car at auction in Illinois and they think it was a show car that traveled the country. It has 33K miles on it and it runs great. I had to replace the battery due to it sitting so long and I think I need to adjust the headlight sensor since I get the "check headlight system" from time to time but otherwise, it runs like a champ.

Rob
Sounds nice. Pictures?
Old 05-12-14, 04:26 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eye8
From Toronto- just picked up a 2010 Series 2 with 28K kms on it. Started wanting an F after my friend got an 08 a couple years ago. Just the exhaust tone got me going every time I heard it, so picked one up too.

Planed Mods- nothing extreme, as I have to DD it and see clients with it as well:
- tints first
- Intake (probably JoeZ)
- Headers (probable PPE)

and then probably a sprint booster as well, since the drive-by-wire and the auto tranny still has a barely perceptible lag which a sprint booster will hopefully help a bit.

Congratulations!!!

Isn't this car friggin awesome??? Anyway I saw that u plan to do headers and exhaust...I have not heard the PPE/Borla combo yet in person but I have the Sikky/Joe Z combo and not sure exactly what u meant about seeing clients but my set up is loud...it is an "awesome" loud and I LOVE it but not sure it is optimal for trying to have a discussion with someone about business??? You may want to hear that combo before buying and I suggest you do it in person as videos do not let you know just how loud. But enjoy the ISF and the process of modding...it is a BLAST

Last edited by MYISF; 05-17-14 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-12-14, 04:29 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Rob
Very cool...sounds like you have a great start! Heck even if it was totally stock I am sure you would love it and being that u are in the NE there is a great following here on CL...do a search on the NEISF and check out the awesome meets they have!!! Enjoy and see you around CL...
Old 05-16-14, 11:45 PM
stevepanda
Driver School Candidate

Hello everybody, new owner of a 2008 ultra sonic blue ISF. It had 45k miles on it and is in immaculate shape considering the mileage. I was looking for a daily driver that offered sophistication, comfort, and speed and I believe I found it with the ISF.

I am looking forward to modding in the coming years and will definitely stick around to contribute and get advice.

Name:  1_zpse6521e92.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  2_zpsc57d19a5.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  88.1 KB
Old 05-17-14, 01:27 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eye8

- tints first
- Intake (probably JoeZ)
- Headers (probable PPE)

Congrats!

I love how you prefaced the mods with 'nothing extreme' then pretty much named all the major mods in existence!
Old 05-17-14, 01:29 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Rob
This car and none of its' features exist until you post pics!

Congrats...good times ahead!
Old 05-17-14, 01:30 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stevepanda
Hello everybody, new owner of a 2008 ultra sonic blue ISF. It had 45k miles on it and is in immaculate shape considering the mileage. I was looking for a daily driver that offered sophistication, comfort, and speed and I believe I found it with the ISF.

I am looking forward to modding in the coming years and will definitely stick around to contribute and get advice.

Absolutely striking

Congrats and welcome!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE