IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Picked up my white/black IS-F last night

Old 02-09-08, 01:11 AM
sclx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my white/black IS-F last night

I will have pictures posted this weekend. However, moving from my IS350 to the IS-F, there are some interesting differences.

1. I don't know if this was mentioned before, but we lost the air conditioned seats. The seats are perforated, and you see blue in the holes (at least on my black interior), but the heat/cool control for each seat on the console only has heat. Bummer. But I'll take these seats any day - completely different!

2. The thing I just can't get over is how impressive the exhaust and intake sound. I was not prepared for it when I first drove it. The secondary intake sound incredible. Even just the rumble when you start the engine and idle. It's not a 1969 Camaro, but it is extremely cool. I definitely will not be touching the intake or exhaust on this car.

3. Shifting. This is the coolest difference from the IS350 (well OK besides 100HP, but I still have another 700 miles to break in):

"D" drive - In this mode, you can now use the paddle shifters without having to move the shifter to Manual mode. It will take your input and downshift, upshift, whatever. It stays in the gears you want it in. However, once you come to a stop, a few seconds later you can see the gear number on the dash change back to "D" automatically. Same thing when you use the paddles to downshift to get around someone, then shift back up to 8 (yes its cool to have 8 speeds), after a few seconds it changes back to "D". So it's very smart of Lexus to know that you must be in "cruising" mode if you are in "D", so why not go back into crusing mode after coming to a stop because I probably used the paddle shifters to downshift in order to slow down. And again, go back to "D" if I downshifted to get around someone then went back up to 8.

Desi
Old 02-09-08, 06:27 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

grats on the IS-F, thats the IS-F combo i want, so jealous
Old 02-09-08, 09:19 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Dude, you post this without pics?

Get some pics on here ASAP!
Old 02-09-08, 11:57 AM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Congratulation on your IS F, another satisfy customer!

Counting down the days for mine. Yes, please post pics.
Old 02-09-08, 01:33 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

I love the the white on black... if I could afford an IS-F I would stay true to the white. Lexus white = classy and clean. I want it soooo bad.

Hurry up and post pics.
Old 02-09-08, 09:27 PM
08IS-F
Driver School Candidate

Congratulation, which dealer did you pick up your IS-F? I notice your where from SJ. lmk thanks

Originally Posted by sclx
I will have pictures posted this weekend. However, moving from my IS350 to the IS-F, there are some interesting differences.

1. I don't know if this was mentioned before, but we lost the air conditioned seats. The seats are perforated, and you see blue in the holes (at least on my black interior), but the heat/cool control for each seat on the console only has heat. Bummer. But I'll take these seats any day - completely different!

2. The thing I just can't get over is how impressive the exhaust and intake sound. I was not prepared for it when I first drove it. The secondary intake sound incredible. Even just the rumble when you start the engine and idle. It's not a 1969 Camaro, but it is extremely cool. I definitely will not be touching the intake or exhaust on this car.

3. Shifting. This is the coolest difference from the IS350 (well OK besides 100HP, but I still have another 700 miles to break in):

"D" drive - In this mode, you can now use the paddle shifters without having to move the shifter to Manual mode. It will take your input and downshift, upshift, whatever. It stays in the gears you want it in. However, once you come to a stop, a few seconds later you can see the gear number on the dash change back to "D" automatically. Same thing when you use the paddles to downshift to get around someone, then shift back up to 8 (yes its cool to have 8 speeds), after a few seconds it changes back to "D". So it's very smart of Lexus to know that you must be in "cruising" mode if you are in "D", so why not go back into crusing mode after coming to a stop because I probably used the paddle shifters to downshift in order to slow down. And again, go back to "D" if I downshifted to get around someone then went back up to 8.

Desi
Old 02-15-08, 06:06 PM
sclx
Rookie

OK, sorry for the delay, here are some pictures I took quickly before the sun went down. After that are pictures of my IS350 next to it (which I need to sell now). Sorry for the shadows.

Desi

Old 02-15-08, 06:06 PM
sclx
Rookie

And here with the IS350:

Old 02-15-08, 06:13 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

nice! fully loaded too i see
Old 02-15-08, 06:13 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on the ISF. thanks for the side by sides
Old 02-15-08, 06:16 PM
sclx
Rookie

Yep:

Navigation
Mark Levinson
Parking assist
XM radio

Desi
Old 02-15-08, 06:18 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the ride. i bet you could sell test drives since the Lexus dealerships won't offer them on the IS-F. hahaha!

i forget but are the side vents on the fenders REALLY vented or is it just for show?
Old 02-15-08, 06:27 PM
sclx
Rookie

The black trim piece in the fender definitely has holes in it, however I have not searched on the inside of the engine compartment to see where they may go.

Desi
Old 02-15-08, 06:30 PM
sclx
Rookie

08IS-F - sorry, forgot to reply - got it from Roseville. Mainly because they gave me a great deal on my 2006 IS350 when it was new. I have been exchanging emails with Jim Douglas there for at least a year and a half, so he had me first on the list for an IS-F that long ago. He just started a list for the LF-A (assuming it comes out and keeps that name), and I'm first on the list.

Desi
Old 02-15-08, 06:48 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Very nice , congratulations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picked up my white/black IS-F last night