IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: Do you think that IS-F is overpriced compared to M3 Sedan?
Yes
37.21%
No
62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think that IS-F is overpriced compared to M3 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 11:25 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ straight line road.. YES.

Roads with curves? the trophy goes to the M3.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...C+rs4+top+gear
Old 01-18-08, 09:58 AM
z4frosik
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just dont get why lexus didnt create a more competitive price to realy take on the M3. I understand its more luxurious, but they could of really taken over the market.
Old 01-18-08, 10:42 AM
joshmtx
Rookie

Even though this is a factory tuner, it is still a Lexus. Lexus does not compromise on luxury. If you want compromised luxury, look elsewhere.

Based on number of vehicles being produced, the IS F will be rare and more exclusive compared to the M3.
Old 01-18-08, 12:41 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

or you can look at it this way.. the bmw is just becoming a 'cheaper' car.
Old 01-18-08, 02:06 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
or you can look at it this way.. the bmw is just becoming a 'cheaper' car.
haha...never looked at it that way...haha nice!
Old 01-20-08, 08:03 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LH1
It's too bad Lexus couldn't keep the weight down to 3500-3600 lbs. I'm sure they could've but it would be more expensive.
normal IS350 is around 3600, IS-F is 3780, not that far off

Originally Posted by z4frosik
I just dont get why lexus didnt create a more competitive price to realy take on the M3. I understand its more luxurious, but they could of really taken over the market.
i suggest you look at the first half of post 52, base IS-F is already competitive price wise, just look how the price skyrockets after having to get options just to match a base IS-F feature wise

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 01-20-08 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-21-08, 02:38 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

No, I don't think the ISF is over-priced.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
normal IS350 is around 3600, IS-F is 3780, not that far off
I think you meant 57,800, right?

Originally Posted by z4frosik
If you ask me, BMW is just playing games with their base price on the M3. They knew what they were doing. Like for like the ISF will be thousands less then the M3.
Old 01-21-08, 05:40 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet

I think you meant 57,800, right?
those were curb weight figures i was discussing
Old 01-21-08, 07:15 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350jet
If you ask me, BMW is just playing games with their base price on the M3. They knew what they were doing. Like for like the ISF will be thousands less then the M3.
100 % with your opinion.

As I said earlier, in full specs, M3 is 15.400 Euro more expensive then ISF, also it is still not in automatic transmision..

germans like to strip out cars, and put price on all even small things, as cupholders and others..
Old 01-21-08, 01:10 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

bmw is scared.... if they were confident about their performance and luxory... they wouldn't of low balled their base price model...

also if ISF has bmw beat in luxory.. this was always given... lexus always lost because of it's performance/handling. If ISF can surpass the M3 number in every category.. then why would it be overpriced... You now have best of all worlds...
Old 01-24-08, 09:00 PM
dmz
Rookie

This is really funny. I almost feel sorry for some of you gus are trying to hard to justify the IS-F high price. It's so painfully obvious that the new M3 is going to be a better value than the IS-F regardless of options costs. The only reason I was going to consider the IS-F before is because I was hoping/expecting that it would be about $10k under a similary equipped M3 price. Even if we agree that the price is pretty much a wash between the two, why would I pay the same money for a car that is slower??? You don't buy a M3 or a IS-F for luxury, you buy these cars for their performance. If all you want is luxury, you can get a IS350 or 335i and save lots of money.
Old 01-24-08, 10:24 PM
08IS-F
Driver School Candidate

Default IS-F will come w/Gas Guzzler Tax

Originally Posted by dmz
This is really funny. I almost feel sorry for some of you gus are trying to hard to justify the IS-F high price. It's so painfully obvious that the new M3 is going to be a better value than the IS-F regardless of options costs. The only reason I was going to consider the IS-F before is because I was hoping/expecting that it would be about $10k under a similary equipped M3 price. Even if we agree that the price is pretty much a wash between the two, why would I pay the same money for a car that is slower??? You don't buy a M3 or a IS-F for luxury, you buy these cars for their performance. If all you want is luxury, you can get a IS350 or 335i and save lots of money.
+1. I agree 100%. Read this article from Car&Driver:
http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...-4.html?al=104
Most of you think that IS-F can avoid GGT, I think you all gona be surprise.
There is no way that IS-F can combine city/hwy better than 22.5MPG.
Old 01-24-08, 11:31 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

heh...i wonder if lexus will surprise us and change the base price to undercut the m3 sedan...i wish...haha
Old 01-25-08, 12:09 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dmz
All the cars in this segment have virtually the same performance. Where they differ is in each one's personality. If you were gonna spend this kinda money soley on performance, why not just buy a lotus exige? Don't be mad cuz you can't afford to play. Nobody is trying to justify the price, because there is nothing to justify. For you to have to come in here and make ignorant comments such as the above is annoying. Furthermore, I find it comical that so many of you don't get that BMW is running scared. They might still be the benchmark, but they are no longer the only player or by far the best. So they waited to see how much the lowest priced competitor would cost and then they undercut them. Simple Business and marketing. Plus a similarly equipped M3 WILL cost more than an IS-F anyway, plus they already overcharge for all the other 3 series variations, they could afford to take a hit.

Jeez can this stupid thread just end already
Old 01-25-08, 02:49 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 08IS-F
Most of you think that IS-F can avoid GGT, I think you all gona be surprise.
There is no way that IS-F can combine city/hwy better than 22.5MPG.
Too late, already did. Where have you been? The ISF WILL avoid the GGT.

Quick Reply: Do you think that IS-F is overpriced compared to M3 Sedan