IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Drove 2008 ISF on the Street!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-07, 04:57 AM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove 2008 ISF on the Street!!!

I just thought I would let everyone who has so much anticipation about this car know how it actually looks and performs in the real world. An undisclosed dealership had the vehicle and we happened to get the keys. This car was pre production as all ISF's are at the moment but there did not seem to be anything that wasn't production ready. The car was Black/Black. The car looks much less cartoonish in person but you all know that because of you have seen it so I won't dwell on this. Performance. This car doesn't sound, rev, or drive like any Lexus before it. I started out the drive by turning of VDIM completely so I could do a massive burnout, you don't need to apply too much gas to make this happen. I then proceded to drive the car in Auto mode and what i noticed was when you drive this car sedate it has a lazy normal auto but when you get on it as I did in back to back runs to 100mph plus was that the gear changes were lightning quick followed by blips of the throtlle with each downshift.The car doesn't pull as hard as I thought it would but the speed just came. I then put VDIM on as I went down one of my favorite little back roads as I didn't want to wreck this thing. I went through the turns about as fast as i have driven any high performance car and the car did not lose traction once. The best part about this car had to be the noise coming from the engine and exhaust. When you started the car it has a nice growl, but when you get over 4000rpm the sound completely changes it almost sounds like a car with an intake or maybe the sound of a cam changing in a VTEC motor, but you all WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH THE PERFORMANCE.
Old 10-12-07, 05:51 AM
vip3r1850
Driver

Sorry but no one will believe you neither will I Nice try though
Old 10-12-07, 05:58 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

seriously...1, no dealership is just going to have a pre-production IS-F just lying around. Second, they're not going to give some guy the keys and let you do "massive burnouts," or "hit up the twisties." Last but not least, your reference to VTEC just killed any part of me wanting to believe you. LOL@ you
Old 10-12-07, 05:58 AM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

u forgot to include the part when u woke up lol
Old 10-12-07, 06:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Can't say anything about the original poster's experience, but I know Lexus does have an IS-F in the southeast US right now for dealer education right now. There was an event in GA this week.
Old 10-12-07, 06:10 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Old 10-12-07, 06:14 AM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Can't say anything about the original poster's experience, but I know Lexus does have an IS-F in the southeast US right now for dealer education right now. There was an event in GA this week.
yeah i can understand them havin one for people to look at but not to drive and do burnouts... the press hasnt even been able to drive it so how the hell is it even possible to this guy to jus walk n2 a dealership and drive it..
Old 10-12-07, 06:22 AM
vip3r1850
Driver

I take my **** back

Last edited by vip3r1850; 10-13-07 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 06:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsSoFire
yeah i can understand them havin one for people to look at but not to drive and do burnouts... the press hasnt even been able to drive it so how the hell is it even possible to this guy to jus walk n2 a dealership and drive it..
Actually the car IS here for people to drive (and I suspect some will do burnouts ). People being Lexus employees and salesforce as part of their annual prep on new products.
Old 10-12-07, 07:06 AM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vip3r1850
topic should be locked n deleted . . .
I have no reason to make any of this up. I was a former longtime employee of this dealership and have maintained a very good relationship with everyone from sales to upper management. I was called yesterday early by a friend at the dealership. I didn't expect to drive but thats how it ended up. First I drove with my manager friend, then was handed the keys and went out with a salesman buddy of mine. The VTEC was only a reference to the considerable sound change once the vehicle was over 4k its like the engine came alive at that point. If I can figure out how to get my pics from my IPhone onto CL I will do it. Just don't be haters just because you didn't drive it I mean come on its not a damn Enzo!!!!!!!!

Since I really haven't posted here Before here are my current and last cars.

2007 Lexus LS460L Touring Mercury/Black
2006 Mercedes CLK350 Iridium/Charcol (Wife's
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ Black/Black Gone after six months"I wonder why"
2006 Lexus GS430 Black/Black Gone
2004 BMW M3 Convertable SMG Silver/Grey Gone

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 10-12-07 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 07:27 AM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Actually the car IS here for people to drive (and I suspect some will do burnouts ). People being Lexus employees and salesforce as part of their annual prep on new products.
yeah LEXUS EMPLOYEES not random people...

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 10-12-07 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 07:30 AM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

well buddy no ones gonna believe u no matter how much u say u drove it... and if u drove it well good 4 u... get those pics up and then mayb ull hav some believers and believe me we can tell when pics r from some website and not pictures u took... so... we're waitinggggggg

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 10-12-07 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 07:31 AM
sscarbuff
Driver School Candidate

Hence I am former Employee!!!!!!!! Noone even Managers were supposed to drive the car, but that was discovered after I drove it.
Old 10-12-07, 07:33 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sscarbuff
The car doesn't pull as hard as I thought it would but the speed just came.
So it was fast but nothing special ? How was it compared to other performancecars like your M3 or maybe a AMG or Audi RS ?
Old 10-12-07, 07:35 AM
chinny
Driver

Lay off the poor guy, he probably did drive it and hes just sharing his experience with us. Let him be, props for driving it :]

Quick Reply: Drove 2008 ISF on the Street!!!