Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that's my next car!
it looks Perfect
Old 08-15-07, 05:58 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Lucky.. That color looks great with the dark wheels..
Old 08-15-07, 06:03 PM
JessePS

The red one is gorgeous!
Old 08-15-07, 06:06 PM
LexFather

I'm on the phone with Ryan now, he is on the way home. I think he stole one of the IS-Fs , lol, I think a white on white one

He promises vids and tons of pics to come!!
Old 08-15-07, 06:08 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh crap, it does look awesome in red and I'm not even supposed
to be liking this car
Old 08-15-07, 06:08 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Good deal! It looks good in red. I'd love to see some more color combinations.

The front badge looks "eh", too decal like. It's still not black chrome for the grill surround and they didn't change the exhaust (J/K I didn't expect that). If several show up at SEMA it will be interesting to see what they have done to it.

I'm very surprised to hear about the brakes. That sounds odd.

Overall looks and sounds good though. C'mon 2008.
Old 08-15-07, 06:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Good deal! It looks good in red. I'd love to see some more color combinations.

The front badge looks "eh", too decal like. It's still not black chrome for the grill surround and they didn't change the exhaust (J/K I didn't expect that). If several show up at SEMA it will be interesting to see what they have done to it.

I'm very surprised to hear about the brakes. That sounds odd.

Overall looks and sounds good though. C'mon 2008.
Mr Johnson, I believe it looks like that b/c it has the Laser Cruise. The 3GS has the same issue, it has a standard chrome L out front but with the radar cruise, the badge is larger and its a plastic cover.
Old 08-15-07, 06:21 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

That sounds awesome! Lucky guy .

I love that new wheel finish, makes the IS-F look much classier and aggressive compared to the more shiny wheels Lexus originally had.

The new hood does not look bulbous AT ALL in those pics and it flows together with the whole front end very well. The entire exterior looks better in these pics. The side vents and the exhaust look right at home.

These are still pre-production IS-F units, so likely they aren't running final spec brake packages.

Did you hear of any HP numbers for the car?
Old 08-15-07, 06:25 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I wonder if the production cars will come with the Michelins like this car. The prototype car had Bridgestones... Also, I notice that the drop isn't nearly as aggressive on these cars as it is on the show car - particularly in the front.

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

Javier
Old 08-15-07, 06:28 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
That sounds awesome! Lucky guy .

I love that new wheel finish, makes the IS-F look much classier and aggressive compared to the more shiny wheels Lexus originally had.

The new hood does not look bulbous AT ALL in those pics and it flows together with the whole front end very well. The entire exterior looks better in these pics. The side vents and the exhaust look right at home.

These are still pre-production IS-F units, so likely they aren't running final spec brake packages.

Did you hear of any HP numbers for the car?
99% final production spec on those 3 cars. They were over night from Japan with Jet and landed in LA this Monday.

The car is WOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

The marketing guy said it will be class leading HP figure. But he did mention that when the car was developing, C63 was not in their radar. So expect the figure somewhere between RS4's and C63.

Folks, if you are thinking of getting one, go get in line. The car is absolutely insane!!

A whole different car and class from my IS350. Two thumps wayyy wayyy up!!
Old 08-15-07, 06:30 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Mr Johnson, I believe it looks like that b/c it has the Laser Cruise. The 3GS has the same issue, it has a standard chrome L out front but with the radar cruise, the badge is larger and its a plastic cover.
I was confirmed that the red one has Laser cruise, and I believe all 3 has ML system.

The white one doesn't have laser cruise, thus has regular badge.
Old 08-15-07, 06:32 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STIG
99% final production spec on those 3 cars. They were over night from Japan with Jet and landed in LA this Monday.

The car is WOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

The marketing guy said it will be class leading HP figure. But he did mention that when the car was developing, C63 was not in their radar. So expect the figure somewhere between RS4's and C63.

Folks, if you are thinking of getting one, go get in line. The car is absolutely insane!!

A whole different car and class from my IS350. Two thumps wayyy wayyy up!!
Did you drive it too? Lucky guy .

So the cars are practically production ready? No more changes will be made? I thought production doesn't start for a few months?

Did the hood look good in person? What sort of performance times can you estimate for the car? How flat was the handling, how responsive was the steering and transmission? Was the ride overly stiff or just right?

If it seems like too many questions, I'm just overly excited for this car. It could very well be my next car.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 08-15-07 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 06:35 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lexus Driving Experience @ Laguna Seca? Details on how to attend?
Old 08-15-07, 06:38 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Did you drive it too? Lucky guy .

Did the hood look good in person? What sort of performance times can you estimate for the car? How flat was the handling, how responsive was the steering and transmission? Was the ride overly stiff or just right?

If it seems like too many questions, I'm just overly excited for this car. It could very well be my next car.
I didn't get to drive it. But I did get to shot gun in the hot lap with pro driver.

The guy kept going side ways on all the corners and the car was FLAT!!! The handling was very very impressive. The transmission was ultra quick! I was told that the only faster transmission in the production cars is Ferrari's. Quicker than SMG, and DSG. My butt meter says the car goes to 0 to 60 in well less than 5 seconds granted that there were total of 4 people in the car. The ride is a bit of the stiff side but in no way makes your teeth fall of kind of stiffness.

Old 08-15-07, 06:40 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I thought they liked it so much they made that the standard.

Quick Reply: Just got a ride in the IS-F