2008 IS-F!!! (All threads merged here)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 06:42 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
it's in the link from james6290
well not only my pics, if you look closely at the ones at the top of the page, the place where the vents WOULD BE are covered up by an extended leather bra of sorts...so could that fender bra, if you will, be covering up nothing or new side vents?
Old 11-19-06, 07:09 PM
lexKimmel
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
If that car in the R&T pic is indeed the same car you saw... hmm...dunno... I was expecting somewhat more dramatic changes like more prominent fender flares and some kind of an aerodynamic kit like in the X-Package. But still, the new bumper and new wheels don't look too bad I guess.
In the R&T pic the hood is a little raised and it may be a reflection but it looks like there may be vents on the fenders! Look just next to the head lights. that may not look bad.

Also on the track car they have the spots next to the headlights cut out. It may be some kind of new air intake! Sweet!!!

Last edited by lexKimmel; 11-19-06 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-19-06, 08:35 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by james6290
BBS wheels? quad exhaust?

sounds a lot like this:
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/09/l...aces-in-japan/
This will be a nice addition to my garage.
Old 11-19-06, 09:10 PM
yuenchiu6
Driver School Candidate

I think I should defer the plan of buying IS becoz it seems to be worth to wait if it is real

BTW, when will the dealer take deposit on IS500??
Old 11-20-06, 06:59 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

It most likely will not have side vents like the m3's..although the picture does show vents joining the headlamps. Skyline looks ridiculous..IS-F looks ridiculous. Hopefully we'll get to see these Japanese heavyweights in person.
Old 11-20-06, 09:53 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yuenchiu6
I think I should defer the plan of buying IS becoz it seems to be worth to wait if it is real

BTW, when will the dealer take deposit on IS500??
i would bet a dealer would take a deposit right now on one!
Old 11-20-06, 09:05 PM
shoei
Driver

Originally Posted by jjbodean
yes, the interior will have something other than aluminum or wood, some fiberglass or carbon fiber type stuff, didnt get the chance to write down the specifics
Thank god someone at Lexus is listening and adding some oem "carbon fiber" to the interior. Praise the Lexus Gods!
CF....CF.....CF..... If carbon fiber is good enough for the RS4 then it should be good enough for the super IS. This is great news!
Old 11-21-06, 07:00 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Was anything mentioned at the meeting in terms of a 350 coupe (not a convertible)? I am dying for more information on a coupe!
Old 11-21-06, 08:29 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lenscap
Was anything mentioned at the meeting in terms of a 350 coupe (not a convertible)? I am dying for more information on a coupe!
no, nothing about a coupe, but the convertible possibly in late 2009 as a 2010 model
Old 11-21-06, 10:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbodean
no, nothing about a coupe, but the convertible possibly in late 2009 as a 2010 model
That's much later than expected , it better be very good . . .
Old 11-21-06, 11:50 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
or else...
Old 11-21-06, 12:41 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
yes, its much later than the dealers expected as well
Old 01-07-07, 11:18 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up 2008 IS-F!!! (All threads merged here)

http://www.lexus.com/autoshow/index.html

live feed at 11:25 am

The speculation and hearsay is finally over. Lexus, having failed to match the basic BMW 3-series with the IS, is going straight for the big dog M3 with its new IS-F. Under the massively bulged hood you see here is a 5.0-liter beast of a V-8 engine putting out over 400 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. Behind big nineteen-inch BBS front wheels lie six-pot aluminum Brembo calipers--the first ever with "Lexus" written across them--squeezing down on 14.2-inch perforated discs that hope to also clamp down on the lips of Lexus-doubters.

The IS-F borrows its far-beyond-necessity eight-speed transmission from the LS, but unlike in the LS, gearbox can be controlled via wheel-mounted paddles. Lexus claims that upshifts are popped off in a tenth of a second, and downshifts are met with automated blips of the throttle to match engine revs.

The IS-F rides up to an inch lower than other IS models, and is wider overall thanks to flared wheel surrounds and ridiculous brake vents behind the front wheels. At the rear, the IS-F is distinguished by unique, stacked quad exhaust outlets. Aluminum trim and sport seats--finished in black or white leather--define the interior, along with a special button for a new three-mode version of VDIM, Lexus's stability control system. Like similar systems from BMW and Cadillac, the driver can chose from a full-on stability mode, a sport mode that allows for some hoonery, and a full off mode that opens the flood gate for full drift action.

And full-on drifts won't be a problem with all that power. Lexus estimates a 0-60 mph time of less than 4.9 seconds for the IS-F, which is the first Lexus "F" cars. "F" will be the designation for sporty Lexus cars, much like "M" is to BMW, "AMG" to Mercedes, and "S" and "RS" are to Audi.

Lexus general manager Bob Carter says that "the intent of creating the IS-F was not to be a competitor to other performance-sport sedans. Rather, the goal was to create a true performance sedan in a uniquely Lexus way-one that is totally authentic with a unique interpretation of raw driving thrill at all speeds and provides a whole new definition of 'usable power.'" We hope that this unique interpretation is something brand new, because the Lexus experience we think of leans toward the numb, soulless side of the scale. With the debut of the IS-F, the task of creating a real performer appears to be complete for Lexus engineers. But now the real test begins. Can the fusing of the words "Lexus" and "performance" capture the hearts of the enthusiasts who matter? We'll find out when the IS-F arrives at dealerships in early 2008.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-08-07 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-07-07, 11:23 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

the side vents are nice.. front is meh~ wow that hood IS bulgy
Old 01-07-07, 11:25 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

niiiice... Any pics of the rear?

Quick Reply: 2008 IS-F!!! (All threads merged here)