IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Only driver side door locks and unlocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-17, 06:42 AM
SonicISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Only driver side door locks and unlocks

I just realized that only my driver side door is locking and unlocking both with the key fob and the power door switches. When I hit the lock/unlock button on the door switch it sounds like it is trying to do something on both the driver and passenger side so I am thinking probably actuator.

My question is will the front passenger side door lock actuator keep the rear doors from locking and unlocking as well? Or do I possibly have 3 bad door lock actuators? Thanks
Old 03-18-17, 08:47 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

might be a simple fix with techstream i think there's a safety feature to only unlock only the drivers door that you can enable or disable in there. but very well could be the door actuators.
Old 03-18-17, 11:35 AM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you have tint done recently? Could be a loose connection or bad fuses. I doubt all three actuators would go out at the same time.
Old 03-18-17, 11:53 AM
SonicISF
Driver School Candidate

Didn't have tint done recently unless it was removed before I purchased the vehicle. I've only had the vehicle 2 weeks. I tried to look for fuses but all I saw looked like one large fuse panel that didn't let you change individual fuses
Old 03-18-17, 07:35 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Press it once to unlock drivers door..

Press the unlock again to unlock all doors.

These are all functions that can be programmed by your dealer using the "Techstream" software as mentioned above.
Old 03-18-17, 08:53 PM
Gytis123
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the same problem I had with my isf. In my case both drivers side doors did not work . So here is what I did :
I took the actuators out of the doors , opened up black plastic casing to get to the actual electric motor . Pulled the little motor out and did a bench test with 9v battery ( same battery that is used in home smoke/ fire detector/ alarm ). At first, the motor did not move at all. I sprayed WD-40 inside of the motor and let it sit for few minutes. In my case, the center shaft was frozen but after wd-40 treatment it loosened up and the little motor started to work with the 9v battery. I used compressed air to clean out the excess of wd-40 from inside of the motor. I put everything back together and the problem was gone. Both doors are locking and unlocking as they are supposes to. It has been 5 months since the repair was done and 0 problems so far.
Old 03-19-17, 03:14 AM
SonicISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Press it once to unlock drivers door..

Press the unlock again to unlock all doors.

These are all functions that can be programmed by your dealer using the "Techstream" software as mentioned above.
I can press it 50 times. Only the drivers door will unlock. Does techstream really have an option to never let the other 3 doors unlock? Seems very silly if it does.
Old 03-19-17, 03:16 AM
SonicISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gytis123
It sounds like the same problem I had with my isf. In my case both drivers side doors did not work . So here is what I did :
I took the actuators out of the doors , opened up black plastic casing to get to the actual electric motor . Pulled the little motor out and did a bench test with 9v battery ( same battery that is used in home smoke/ fire detector/ alarm ). At first, the motor did not move at all. I sprayed WD-40 inside of the motor and let it sit for few minutes. In my case, the center shaft was frozen but after wd-40 treatment it loosened up and the little motor started to work with the 9v battery. I used compressed air to clean out the excess of wd-40 from inside of the motor. I put everything back together and the problem was gone. Both doors are locking and unlocking as they are supposes to. It has been 5 months since the repair was done and 0 problems so far.
I might try to tackle this. We're your rear 2 doors locking and your front 2 werent? Also how much of a pita is taking these actuators out. Thanks
Old 03-19-17, 06:30 AM
Gytis123
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicISF
I might try to tackle this. We're your rear 2 doors locking and your front 2 werent? Also how much of a pita is taking these actuators out. Thanks
As I mentioned, my driver's side front and driver's side rear was not working and my passenger front and rear was working just fine. And for time wise, it took me aroud 3 hours between both doors. If you decide to do it , just take your time taking actuators a part , there are some small parts ( gears ... ) in the enclosures..
Old 03-19-17, 09:12 AM
BOOSTED4G
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue and mine ended up being the actuators. But who knows because it seems as though these cars have issues with the door locks/windows.