IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-17, 02:17 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

FBO ISF and RCF is a drivers race no matter how you put it, we've seen it time and time again. Even FBO ISF vs FBO RCF still is a drivers race cause the FBO RCF don't have the power gains an ISF did cause a lot of stuff was better stock vs stock like manifold design being one. its a newer car, I expect it to have nicer interior, quieter, etc etc.

I don't see why RCF owners get uspet about it, the ISF is the progenitor. Its like on the M3 forums they get into heated debates lol
Old 02-25-17, 07:12 PM
DJsISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
FBO ISF and RCF is a drivers race no matter how you put it, we've seen it time and time again. Even FBO ISF vs FBO RCF still is a drivers race cause the FBO RCF don't have the power gains an ISF did cause a lot of stuff was better stock vs stock like manifold design being one. its a newer car, I expect it to have nicer interior, quieter, etc etc.

I don't see why RCF owners get uspet about it, the ISF is the progenitor. Its like on the M3 forums they get into heated debates lol
My thoughts exactly lol. I tried to express this same thought process in the RCF forum because there was a very similar thread to this one. Man did I get so much hate. It was like talking to a bunch of Bimmer guys in there for real! Then they could even take me sticking up for the ISF and started talking about me personally, not even about cars anymore. That left a very bad taste in my mouth about the RCF crowd. To much negativity over there...
Old 02-25-17, 08:20 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

lol..they should just take it to the track....not just straight line crap...it doesn't matter if your fbo. It's always drivers race...we should have Lexus fest (F fest)challenge at the track...like the miata challenge, s2k challenge,bummer fest...lol..

Last edited by chris07is; 02-25-17 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-26-17, 12:22 AM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

View this post on Instagram
borla rcf - vs isf cats removed =)

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by hamooduae; 02-26-17 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-26-17, 09:53 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DJsISF
My thoughts exactly lol. I tried to express this same thought process in the RCF forum because there was a very similar thread to this one. Man did I get so much hate. It was like talking to a bunch of Bimmer guys in there for real! Then they could even take me sticking up for the ISF and started talking about me personally, not even about cars anymore. That left a very bad taste in my mouth about the RCF crowd. To much negativity over there...
To be fair, the RCF takes plenty of bashing on looks, weight, performance, the new LC becoming the top coupe in the lineup, etc that you could imagine might leave some owners somewhat sensitive. To be honest, I'd probably feel the same way if I bought an RCF based on my first impression of the car only to realize that once that newness wore off, there are some significant deficiencies. That and the bashing it took at the hands of Top Gear was probably a disappointment to many owners.
Old 02-26-17, 10:57 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if the RC F came in six speed manual i'd consider one, but my next high performance car will be manual transmission; most likely a mustang cobra terminator since other cars i want are out of my price range.
Old 02-26-17, 11:47 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mindcrime
if the RC F came in six speed manual i'd consider one, but my next high performance car will be manual transmission; most likely a mustang cobra terminator since other cars i want are out of my price range.
Those older mustangs are solid rear axle....look a the new GT350 instead.
Old 02-27-17, 11:53 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

So we all know that a FBO ISF is capable of running 11.7-11.8s @ 120+ MPH on a good day, it's been repeated by multiple members on the forums here in the states.

Now I'll be honest, I haven't really lurked in the RCF forums in a while but has anybody in the states gotten an RCF even low 12s, with bolt ons? The last I checked it was mid 12s...

IMCHIA, not calling you a liar but there has to be other factors at play here. If you had just exhaust and running head to head with a tune FBO ISF, something is wrong with that ISF, I know the ISF is really finicky with fuel quality once it has a tune so their KCLV might not be up to even stock level. In order for you to "hang" head to head with a healthy FBO+Tune ISF your RCF would have to be trapping 120mph and also running 11.7-11.8's on a good day, I'm sorry but with just an exhaust you won't be shaving 1 second off your 1/4 and adding 7-8mph in your trap speed. Something doesn't add up.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 02-27-17 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-27-17, 12:27 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

^^This is true
Old 02-27-17, 12:41 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by S00Pah5L
So we all know that a FBO ISF is capable of running 11.7-11.8s @ 120+ MPH on a good day, it's been repeated by multiple members on the forums here in the states.

Now I'll be honest, I haven't really lurked in the RCF forums in a while but has anybody in the states gotten an RCF even low 12s, with bolt ons? The last I checked it was mid 12s...

IMCHIA, not calling you a liar but there has to be other factors at play here. If you had just exhaust and running head to head with a tune FBO ISF, something is wrong with that ISF, I know the ISF is really finicky with fuel quality once it has a tune so their KCLV might not be up to even stock level. In order for you to "hang" head to head with a healthy FBO+Tune ISF your RCF would have to be trapping 120mph and also running 11.7-11.8's on a good day, I'm sorry but with just an exhaust you won't be shaving 1 second off your 1/4 and adding 7-8mph in your trap speed. Something doesn't add up.
I would probably assume that any of those ISFs running 11.7-11.8s and trapping 120mph has drag radials. Fastest I've seen an ISF on street tires were 12.0 @ 118mph. Still no slouch. I can't explain it bud. I've ran two FBO ISFs (got both on videos). They have been monitoring their air fuel ratio, and all seems to be on par. Drag racing and trap speed also matter greatly on locations (temp and elevation), tire setup (traction), and track prep.

Fastest stock RCF ran at 12.69 @ 113mph.
Old 02-28-17, 04:21 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

True..... .8 seconds is approximately 8 car lengths in the 1/4 mile....Not even a race. And yes, we all know humidity, weather, altitude, etc plays a role in times, but whatever the altitude, etc, the RCF will share the same conditions wherever they race, lol.
Just curious, but what is the lowest time a FBO RCF has ran?

V.
Old 02-28-17, 06:09 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
True..... .8 seconds is approximately 8 car lengths in the 1/4 mile....Not even a race. And yes, we all know humidity, weather, altitude, etc plays a role in times, but whatever the altitude, etc, the RCF will share the same conditions wherever they race, lol.
Just curious, but what is the lowest time a FBO RCF has ran?

V.
I agree. All I was merely stating was comparing 1/4 mile times from different folks in different states in different circumstances with different track preps will have different results. I understand if the RCF was racing at the same track at the same time that it would suffer the same variables. That wasn't what I was implying. Haha.

I don't really know - the RCF hasn't been out as long and unfortunately I don't think the sub-forum is as active yet. The fastest stock time I could find was that 12.69 @113mph. I'll search if I can find any though.
Old 02-28-17, 06:22 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

I've had my ISF since 2012 even around then, there were only 2 ISF that were going to the track and running quarter mile times. both were nitrous fed. The RC-F came out in 2015. it now just turned 2017. like the ISF, these owners who can afford these cars new, they are not at the track racing. usually its when cars tend to get cheaper and younger guys get a hand on the cars. Me personally, I'm not doing any big engine mods until i run out of warranty.

That being said, a good tune has not even been achieved yet for the RCF. you guys stay tuned what the RCF will bring. i know one thing...aftermarket for the RCF is a lot more available than what the ISF had in 2010, thats for sure.
Old 02-28-17, 06:32 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
I've had my ISF since 2012 even around then, there were only 2 ISF that were going to the track and running quarter mile times. both were nitrous fed. The RC-F came out in 2015. it now just turned 2017. like the ISF, these owners who can afford these cars new, they are not at the track racing. usually its when cars tend to get cheaper and younger guys get a hand on the cars. Me personally, I'm not doing any big engine mods until i run out of warranty.

That being said, a good tune has not even been achieved yet for the RCF. you guys stay tuned what the RCF will bring. i know one thing...aftermarket for the RCF is a lot more available than what the ISF had in 2010, thats for sure.
After-market support for the IS-F is still scarce after 9 years haha. Thank god for brands and fanatics like Joe-Z, RR Racing, Mike Figaro with Figs, Meraki, Mod in Japan and others who keeps the market somewhat alive in these forums.

These cars arent like BMWs and hondas where they are easy to work on.
Old 02-28-17, 07:27 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
That being said, a good tune has not even been achieved yet for the RCF. you guys stay tuned what the RCF will bring.
Hoping the RCF gets a good tune! Would love to see what the Blue top is capable of with a good tune

What's the status with RR racing and the tune for the RCF??

Quick Reply: ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock