IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

To the jackhat in the white ISF on west 60 to north 605 in Industry, CA last night

Old 02-02-17, 06:17 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

reminds me of this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogh1YcoTzg&t=1s
Old 02-02-17, 06:25 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
Cant stand people who do this stuff, makes us all look bad and just reinforces the "kid using mommy and daddies money" stereotype that I get all the time as a 20 yr old.

Same... Im 22 and bought my F as a 20 year old with my own hard earned money. I paid my car off 6 months ago without a dime from anyone and would bet that I am more responsible than most "adults" with these cars. I have a built SRT4 and drive the same in both. No one notices the F but I get all kinds of ***** in the SRT. The SRT, STI, Evo, turner car crowd completely support the "dumb kid" stereotype since those cares are much cheaper then ISF's on the used market. People are going to be idiots be them 19 or 45. There are just a lot more young idiots than old. There are WAY more idiot M3 drivers then F or C63 drivers.
Old 02-02-17, 06:32 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is

Damn that made me sick watching.. I swear people are dumb.. Like I have street raced before (allegedly) but when it you have to keep moving around cars like that, your just asking to hurt someone.
Old 02-02-17, 11:51 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Not big, NOT clever!

Sorry to say there are plenty of these idiots on the roads here in the U.K. as well. We have even less Police presence than you guys do, so accidents and fatalities are sadly far more common than I'd like them to be.

Whilst I support the mentality for idiots like this to get what's coming to them, it's often at a potentially fatal price for other innocent road users. The soccer mom driving her kids home from school, the doctor or nurse returning home after a long shift, the grandparents driving their grandchildren home after looking after them to give their kids some alone time........ I get the whole road rage thing, but there is NO excuse to drive like a total spanner and risk the lives of innocent people.

Best advice, if you see this kind of behaviour, slow down, keep away, and if safe to do so, report it to the local Police.

Worst part for me is they often have friends onboard that they are trying to frighten or impress. Imagine being the parent of one of those passengers when the phone rings to say there has been an accident. Sickens me to the pit of my stomach.

Drive safe, and keep the racing for the track.
Old 02-03-17, 12:35 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Since when are we stocking owners and drivers on forums ? No harm. No foul.

All roads in Mexico ............... are not actually in Mexico..................... shhhh ......... just a secret. Everyone acting like they have halos over their heads.
Old 02-03-17, 04:56 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
That shaky camera sure was annoying.. "Jason Bourne 6 - The Fast & Furious"

-Mike
Old 02-03-17, 06:15 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Since when are we stalking owners and drivers on forums ? No harm. No foul.

All roads in Mexico ............... are not actually in Mexico..................... shhhh ......... just a secret. Everyone acting like they have halos over their heads.
Fixed for you.

We aren't stalking anyone. We are just trying to bring it to the attention of this person (whomever he or she may be) that what they are doing is not cool and effects how people perceive the IS-F on the road. Everyone likes to have fun with their car, but there is a fine line between fun and reckless.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2URGSE:
chrisp1 (02-04-17), mjeds (02-03-17)
Old 02-03-17, 07:40 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Idot drivers showing off on public roads. not knowing that any road imperfection is sending any car flying out of control and can cause the lives of many innocent people let alone if there's childrens in the car with their parents. some people go out to the street with disregard to others folks lives. this is where i see something like this and a GOOD OL BRAKE CHECK comes in handy and makes them realize how much closer to losing their life they just were for being reckless and a Donkey.
The following users liked this post:
2KHarrier (02-03-17)
Old 02-03-17, 10:58 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

I really do think he just had the poops
The following 2 users liked this post by JDMV8:
Brad3275 (02-06-17), mjeds (02-03-17)
Old 02-03-17, 11:36 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a SFP with black wheels, but luckily the car was in my garage in WA. In the last few years and especially since I got my IS F I've really toned it down. Maybe it is a good thing that the car goes almost unnoticed. I don't think 10 people have commented on it in the three plus years I've owned it.

I also drive another Lexus I keep in southern California. People drive the Interstate 10 and Interstate 15 way faster that in WA, but actually are way better drivers. Pretty much, I take the next to left lane and try to stay with traffic with some passing.

Needed to stay in Houston, TX for two months this fall and OMG. Texans are absolutely crazy. 80 plus MPH while texting is no big deal (and legal). I could not believe it. When I drove, I turned off the radio and kept both hands on the wheel and stayed about 100 yards behind a truck (they go 75 MPH).

One guy told me the highway fatalities in Texas run about 3000 per year. No doubt in my mind and I'm sure the bad drivers take a lot of innocents with them.

Last edited by lorenr; 02-03-17 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-03-17, 07:48 PM
DJsISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

For a second I thought that might have been me as I live in that area and im frequently on the 60. However I usually drive like a grandpa lol and the description of the white F does not match mine. Had it been me you would have seen a black guy with Marine Corps plates and I would have given you a thumbs up
Old 02-03-17, 11:41 PM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lorenr
I also drive another Lexus I keep in southern California. People drive the Interstate 10 and Interstate 15 way faster that in WA, but actually are way better drivers. Pretty much, I take the next to left lane and try to stay with traffic with some passing.

Needed to stay in Houston, TX for two months this fall and OMG. Texans are absolutely crazy. 80 plus MPH while texting is no big deal (and legal). I could not believe it. When I drove, I turned off the radio and kept both hands on the wheel and stayed about 100 yards behind a truck (they go 75 MPH).

One guy told me the highway fatalities in Texas run about 3000 per year. No doubt in my mind and I'm sure the bad drivers take a lot of innocents with them.
How about we frame this more accurately: TX is #2 in population, #2 in size, and #23 in fatalities per population (CA is #1, #3, #41 respectively).
TX has 12.8 fatalities/100k people while CA has 8.1. Not a huge difference.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/ge...state-overview
Old 02-04-17, 01:21 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Since when are we stalking owners and drivers on forums ? No harm. No foul.

Very mature response...
The following 4 users liked this post by 21ce:
chrisp1 (02-04-17), flowrider (02-04-17), kzlflash (02-07-17), St4nc3 (02-05-17)
Old 02-06-17, 08:35 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by Sedition:

"TX has 12.8 fatalities/ 100 k people while CA has 8.1. Not a huge difference."

Re-check your calculator. More than 50% more deaths per driver in Texas is a huge difference by any metric.
Old 02-07-17, 08:47 AM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKStylez
Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why i stay away from LA county (san gabriel valley) area now...
they must think they are too fast and too stupid. isn't Malibu canyon for that...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To the jackhat in the white ISF on west 60 to north 605 in Industry, CA last night