IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

To the jackhat in the white ISF on west 60 to north 605 in Industry, CA last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-17, 12:34 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

The car is getting cheaper now and more kids can buy them.....
The following 3 users liked this post by MisterSkiz:
ISFPOWER (02-02-17), Lets Drive (02-03-17), RX7 RAGE (02-03-17)
Old 02-02-17, 12:36 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I remember many instances like this. One time I was driving my Subaru STi and this jack@$$ in a C6 Z06 decided to pass me on the shoulder of an on-ramp.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sa...780153!6m1!1e1

Not a very smart move since you can't see who is sitting around the curve, CHP sometimes sits there running radar.

Anyways, I pull up next to him,and his ugly wife, they are laughing, so I already dialed 9-1-1 to see who is going to laugh last. The call didn't go through and I just let him go. Not 10 seconds pass, and a Dodge Viper SRT joins along and starts toying with him, so I sat behind them both and watched. I was hoping the Z06 would get caught, but it didn't.
Old 02-02-17, 12:36 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Unfortunately the case for a lot of cars (Evo, STi, etc.)
But these types of drivers never grow up, plenty of evidence on youtube.
Old 02-02-17, 12:38 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

doubt that ****** is here... any plate #? even partial by any chance.. probably won't do anything knowing but would be interesting to know if he lurks in this forum..
Old 02-02-17, 12:43 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
doubt that ****** is here... any plate #? even partial by any chance.. probably won't do anything knowing but would be interesting to know if he lurks in this forum..
I'd have to check the dashcam to see if I can see a plate..

it was a white ISF that was storm troppered out. black roof, black wheels, black diffuser and front lip. it was a nice looking car. just a jackhat for a driver.
Old 02-02-17, 01:08 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've had similar instances around the area you're referring with a SFP IS F as well. From my experience, it was a custom plate and he was driving like a maniac. Probably has no respect for the car or himself....so it was essentially mommy and daddy's money that got him that car. What frustrates me is that stuff like this, and I know it happens with other high performing vehicles and their groups as well, it always sets a precedent. All it takes is one cop to nab the driver, and the generalization is if one is speeding, more probably are to that same extent. I'm always on the 605 and one time I spotted a C63 driving recklessly. He got pulled over. Over the course of a few months, I was able to count at least 5 other instances of other C63s getting pulled over in the same vicinity.

Maybe the owner did need to take a giant dump. Maybe his booty call was super hot for him at the time. But never will excessive speeding be an excuse to weave in and out of lanes for the sake of showing off and trying to act cool. These cars weren't made for high school kids or even immature "adults", but it just goes to show, luxury don't buy you class. At the end of the day, if I saw what you're describing and there was a casualty, I honestly would not feel bad for that punk. One less idiot on the roads.

Take it to the track. Take it on deserted roads. But most importantly, don't F it up for the rest of us who want to enjoy our cars without being pigeon-holed under the same prejudice.
The following 2 users liked this post by bnizzle87:
21ce (02-04-17), mjeds (02-03-17)
Old 02-02-17, 01:18 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ well said.
Old 02-02-17, 01:36 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

im in the area myself and besides my SPF ive only seen another one but the guy ive seen is very chill & we always give each other a nod when we come across each other. will def keep an eye out.
Old 02-02-17, 02:13 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Maybe the car was just stolen and he was runnin from the law...............
Old 02-02-17, 02:20 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

yeah sounds like this person was driving reckless. for the most part i try to ignore (or atleast not let it get on my nerves) when people are speeding and driving like they are in a rush cause you never know their situation.
There has been a few occasions where i had to (well not had to, but chose to) drive fast due to family emergencies, but not reckless to the point where i am weaving in and out of lanes and putting other motorists at a severe risk of crashing

Not cool. reminds of some videos on youtube where drivers are weaving past traffic congestion...
Old 02-02-17, 02:52 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Post the footage and we'll bring the pitch forks.
Old 02-02-17, 03:18 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Cant stand people who do this stuff, makes us all look bad and just reinforces the "kid using mommy and daddies money" stereotype that I get all the time as a 20 yr old.
Old 02-02-17, 03:55 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Not gonna lie, I had to do a quick memory check myself when I read this post since I live in Pomona and frequent 605/60. Then I realized I was actually asleep around that time...
The following users liked this post:
mjeds (02-03-17)
Old 02-02-17, 05:41 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
Cant stand people who do this stuff, makes us all look bad and just reinforces the "kid using mommy and daddies money" stereotype that I get all the time as a 20 yr old.
So much truth to this. I generally don't like to think that someone in their youth who owns a vehicle of this calibur would have it through parents money; have, not earned. But I will say this, if it was the wreckless driver's own vehicle (and not through parental support), he would take more responsibility and respect for others knowing there is more on the line than just trying to beat traffic. My parents had strong reservations when I bought the car. One mess up- a ticket, accident, or worse- and there goes all that I worked hard to EARN this car. This wasn't something my parents bought for me or was gifted from a rich relative or anything. One simply respects their belongings more knowing they worked hard to attain them. We've all seen those videos online of youngsters joyriding their parents' cars. It's simply because they don't understand what it means to earn something for themselves, and that's a sad reality of these newer generations.

Not all young kids who have nice cars are spoiled or using their parents. At the same time, we all see how these kids drive with fast cars. The correlation is enough to state that they more likely will do something like this. And this is the presumption that the driver is young and reckless. If he's older and still driving like this- all I can pray for is that he doesn't have a wife or kids at home in the event authorities need to make a phone car detailing a potential casualty due to his driving behavior.
The following users liked this post:
etohprn247 (02-06-17)
Old 02-02-17, 05:45 PM
kschiu
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More CHP needed. Nothing beats 4 points and suspend licence

Quick Reply: To the jackhat in the white ISF on west 60 to north 605 in Industry, CA last night