IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Letting go of the F, gonna be a sad day

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-17, 12:31 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Letting go of the F, gonna be a sad day

As the title suggests, i'll be letting go of my ISF, biggest factor is a baby on its way and will be needing a slightly larger car (more rear room), and need a safer ride for the winter months as the wife will be driving it also.

Its replacement will be a 2013 GS350 F-Sport, with AWD and everything else it comes with. Obviously it will be nowhere near as fun as the F but i think i'll be satisfied with its performance and newer gadgets.

So having said that, for the local ppl wanting to swipe a mint ISF up, look for it in the upcoming days on autotrader. Its a 2010 with some slight mods done, 84kms, never winter driven, mint conditiion inside and out, no accidents, etc.
Old 01-05-17, 12:32 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Its the cycle of life lolz lose one today gain one tomorrow good luck sir .
Old 01-05-17, 12:55 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I"d go SUV/CROSSOVER if more room is what you need. a 2013 GS 350 isn't as roomie as last Gen.
Old 01-05-17, 01:11 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mindcrime
I"d go SUV/CROSSOVER if more room is what you need. a 2013 GS 350 isn't as roomie as last Gen.
We did look at SUV's, specifically 2010+ 4Runner, its a great truck but sooooo boring to drive and horrible on gas too, but everything else is perfect. I'd really like to stick with a toyota/lexus product of course.
Old 01-05-17, 01:20 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Rx ? Gx ?
Old 01-05-17, 01:24 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Rx ? Gx ?
RX depending on the year, i like the newer ones as the older ones have the front end looking like its cut off lol. They can be expensive for 2014+ still. The GX is kinda too big for around town...very nice though and again price point would be an issue also. Would like to get something at least 2011+, lower kms, and hoping for an f-sport package for nicer appearance. I'd like a family hauler but still have some sportiness to it, hence why the GS350 f sport would fit that nicely. The whole car is bigger than the ISF, trunk also, and personally it looks very sporty in my eyes..
Old 01-05-17, 01:45 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the baby!
Old 01-05-17, 02:03 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Congrats on the baby!
Thank you Zelfiris! Its a very exciting time for us now!
Old 01-05-17, 02:26 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you still like the F, keep it man. It's hard to find one when you are fed up with the smaller engine. Keep the F and buy another used SUV like Acura MDX 2010+ and spend $1000 for RV6 J pipe and HFPC (high flow precat ) combo you never look back. It's fun to drive with the mod. Good luck bud !
Old 01-05-17, 02:59 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shyguyF
If you still like the F, keep it man. It's hard to find one when you are fed up with the smaller engine. Keep the F and buy another used SUV like Acura MDX 2010+ and spend $1000 for RV6 J pipe and HFPC (high flow precat ) combo you never look back. It's fun to drive with the mod. Good luck bud !
I do love my F, no doubt about that. But financially it makes more sense to sell and gets its value worth now and pick up something nice still that can do both jobs, fun ride and family hauler. I know nothing can replace the big V8 and sound and shifts, etc. Later down the road i'm sure ill be looking at getting back into an F and by then in a few years they will be cheaper too and then would make more sense financially.
Old 01-05-17, 03:40 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the baby! Can't wait to see the GS. I think a few subtle mods can go a long way with that model especially the refreshed model.
Old 01-05-17, 03:50 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Thank you ROYALISF!

Its no F but i think its looks nice, sharp lines and kinda love the interior more than the F's as it is more updated:

Old 01-05-17, 04:01 PM
xSumDumGuy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFLexy
RX depending on the year, i like the newer ones as the older ones have the front end looking like its cut off lol. They can be expensive for 2014+ still. The GX is kinda too big for around town...very nice though and again price point would be an issue also. Would like to get something at least 2011+, lower kms, and hoping for an f-sport package for nicer appearance. I'd like a family hauler but still have some sportiness to it, hence why the GS350 f sport would fit that nicely. The whole car is bigger than the ISF, trunk also, and personally it looks very sporty in my eyes..
Congrats on the new baby. We were in a very similar situation last year and needed a bigger vehicle that could fit 3 car seats in the middle row. Got rid of the wife's 2013 RX350 F Sport and got a 2016 Sequoia. I'd say give those a drive a look if you're considering the RX. It is AWD and has a V6 with an 8 speed.
Old 01-05-17, 04:25 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFLexy
Thank you ROYALISF!

Its no F but i think its looks nice, sharp lines and kinda love the interior more than the F's as it is more updated:
Exact color combo I would get. That or the white! Definitely will be looking out for your build.
Old 01-05-17, 04:29 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xSumDumGuy
Congrats on the new baby. We were in a very similar situation last year and needed a bigger vehicle that could fit 3 car seats in the middle row. Got rid of the wife's 2013 RX350 F Sport and got a 2016 Sequoia. I'd say give those a drive a look if you're considering the RX. It is AWD and has a V6 with an 8 speed.
Yea a 2016 sequoia would be out of our price range, otherwise i would be considering it also. Its a beautiful SUV with lots of cargo, almost too much lol. We are currently expecting one baby, and tops will be two, no more than that! So thats why i kind of steered away from any SUV's, as i think a larger 4 door sedan will do the job nicely.

Quick Reply: Letting go of the F, gonna be a sad day