IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fake denso spark plugs?

Old 12-18-16, 06:07 PM
ISFAdam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake denso spark plugs?

I ordered some 'oem' lexus/toyota sparkplugs from ebay fk20hbr11's 90919-01249 part number sent in toyota/lexus box. They're not dual tipped...
The one on the left is the new one...looks like a knockoff to me.
sorry for picture size

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-18-16, 06:19 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Who was the seller? I just bought some from the ebay too
Old 12-18-16, 06:22 PM
ISFAdam
Driver School Candidate

Rosebudfishing. I've contacted them...they've 42 sets sold too. Hopefully I can get something worked out.

They just got back with me, sending me a refund and letting me keep the plugs...dunno what I'll do with them. Anyways just keep a look out

Last edited by ISFAdam; 12-18-16 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-18-16, 07:00 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

I got mine from seller well-job on eBay, and they are the real thing. See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rom-china.html

DON'T BUY - THEY TURNED OUT TO BE FAKE!!!!!!!!

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 07-23-17 at 07:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
T4runner (06-06-19)
Old 12-18-16, 07:05 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

interesting. so i bought it from this guy. Great ratings, but I'm trying to figure out if it's the same deal you received

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232131764610?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 12-18-16, 07:18 PM
ISFAdam
Driver School Candidate

Searched him. Sent a message, he no longer has them listed. I've found them for around 90 from other sellers on there which seems reasonable. I didn't realize knockoff sparkplugs were a thing...
Old 12-18-16, 07:24 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Edited

Apologies. I just sent the guy a message...we'll see what happens

Last edited by MikeyK02; 12-18-16 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-18-16, 07:28 PM
ISFAdam
Driver School Candidate

That reply was to Lou Mikey. Sorry about confusion. What the listing shows.

What i received
Old 12-18-16, 08:21 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFAdam
Searched him. Sent a message, he no longer has them listed. I've found them for around 90 from other sellers on there which seems reasonable. I didn't realize knockoff sparkplugs were a thing...
Yes, I know, I search him too. He's got other stuff, but no plugs.

Lou
Old 12-20-16, 08:07 AM
ZDCATC
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I got mine from seller well-job on eBay, and they are the real thing. See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...rom-china.html

Lou
I ordered mine from well-job. They seemed really fake. The box had the wrong plug number on it (it looked close but was off by one letter or something). They had cardboard tubes protecting the threads/tips (instead of hard plastic). The sparkplug tip was flat and didn't have the nipple thing that the real ones do. One of the plugs had a really thick crush washer (like 2x thicker than the other 7). Too many red flags. It would've cost me close to what I paid for them to ship them back to china for a refund. So I tossed them. Sorry I don't have pictures. It's possible that well-job supplies legitimate plugs as well but I'm guessing most of the ones they ship are fake.

belllexusnorthscottsdale on ebay had a good price on the plugs even with shipping. These plugs were legit.
Old 12-20-16, 08:37 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

For the work involved in removing and replacing the plugs in the tight engine bay, I would just go to the dealer and talk to the parts manager and ask him if he could give you a deal on the parts.......thats what I did.
Old 12-20-16, 08:49 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ZDCATC
I ordered mine from well-job. They seemed really fake.
Sorry for your experience. Did you look at the pics I posted in the referenced thread?

Lou
Old 12-20-16, 08:59 AM
ZDCATC
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah looks like you got the real deal from them. I'm jealous cuz they were dirt cheap
Old 12-20-16, 12:05 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,834 Likes on 2,323 Posts

I ordered mine from well-job. They seemed really fake. The box had the wrong plug number on it (it looked close but was off by one letter or something). They had cardboard tubes protecting the threads/tips (instead of hard plastic). The sparkplug tip was flat and didn't have the nipple thing that the real ones do. One of the plugs had a really thick crush washer (like 2x thicker than the other 7). Too many red flags. It would've cost me close to what I paid for them to ship them back to china for a refund. So I tossed them. Sorry I don't have pictures. It's possible that well-job supplies legitimate plugs as well but I'm guessing most of the ones they ship are fake.

belllexusnorthscottsdale on ebay had a good price on the plugs even with shipping. These plugs were legit.
Originally Posted by flowrider
Sorry for your experience. Did you look at the pics I posted in the referenced thread?

Lou
I ordered mine from welljob too. I have not put them in yet, so I pulled them out of the boxes for a look see. Guess what? They're not all the same. I have four of on style and four of another. If I had got all eight of either style I probably wouldn't suspect a thing, but take a look for yourself. I'd say more than likely, these are very good looking fakes - both of them. I bet the difference is, as Denso says, in the construction where they cut corners to save money. But I digress, let the picture tell the whole story: (BTW, they are positioned exactly the way they came out of the boxes - another thing you never see with the genuine article as they are all put in the box with the same orientation).
Attached Thumbnails Fake denso spark plugs?-20161220_145255.jpg  
Old 12-20-16, 02:07 PM
ISFAdam
Driver School Candidate

I ordered mine from well-job. They seemed really fake. It would've cost me close to what I paid for them to ship them back to china for a refund. So I tossed them
Ebay frowns upon this stuff. PayPal WILL give you money back for counterfeit products. I've ordered a fake HKS bov off of there as well, not knowing it was fake. My assumption was, it was an ssqv 3 and the ssqv 4 is out so I'm getting a good deal on this older one...not the case, counterfeit. Contacted seller and they tried saying there's no way I could get a real one for $80, long story short, they let me keep the fake bov and refunded me there as well. PayPal and ebay should protect you and refund you...it's not really a hassle to submit a ticket.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fake denso spark plugs?