IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

F getting a repaint - color options

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-16, 02:40 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

only 1500 plus insurance coverage to do a unique color damn thats deals. black rose is a sick color.

how long do you plan on keeping the F though?

i say go with a unique color
Old 12-05-16, 02:57 PM
sedition
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jondls33
get it painted for free, then spend that $1500 to get it wrapped! it'll protect the brand new paint and you can go whatever color and take it off when your tired of it
Good idea, but a wrap is going to cost $3000-$4500.
Old 12-05-16, 03:05 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah I love the stock MM but I'm thinking I'll regret it later if I don't take this crazy good deal to get a unique color on mostly insurances dime. Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.
Old 12-05-16, 03:13 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
I been always torn between USB, Obsidian, and star fire pearl. Quite frankly, there's not a bad color on the F whatsoever. None! All the factory colors look amazing. I would honestly keep it the same color. In some states if not all, youre going to have to Update the registration of the car. If this doesn't affect you, I would still choose the same base color, with a kick! For example, ISFPOWER did an amazing 3 stage black on his 350z. That's something I would do to mine being that it's obsidian already. Consider also, you don't want to choose a difficult color to replicate later. If the need for a touch up ever arose. Which more than likely is a definite yes, if you drive the car hard. If none of that matters, I would look at exotic fun colors In for results! Post before and after!

What most people don't know is getting a really nice paint job is the key to better looking and more durable paint. If you repainted the stock color again with nice brand paint and clear and good work done to it, it reflects back a lot nicer. OEM lexus isf paint jobs are good in the orange peel department. their clear is ok as well. but if you pay extra for wet sanding or reclear, you will won't have rock chips like you are use to. I always love to repaint the oem hood and front bumper with quality stuff i never get rock chips anymore.

Good paint job will run at least 3500- 6000 . oem quality around 3000
Old 12-05-16, 03:32 PM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sedition
Good idea, but a wrap is going to cost $3000-$4500.
a friend of mine owns a shop who specializes in clear bra/tint/wraps and charges around 1500-2500 depending on car/ color/ and type of wrap material. but that's my plan next summer, getting my front resprayed and wrap the full car a diff color for protection and when im tired of it, peel it off

check out his IG: Imperialworks
Old 12-05-16, 04:10 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

What most people don't know is getting a really nice paint job is the key to better looking and more durable paint. If you repainted the stock color again with nice brand paint and clear and good work done to it, it reflects back a lot nicer. OEM lexus isf paint jobs are good in the orange peel department. their clear is ok as well. but if you pay extra for wet sanding or reclear, you will won't have rock chips like you are use to. I always love to repaint the oem hood and front bumper with quality stuff i never get rock chips anymore.

Good paint job will run at least 3500- 6000 . oem quality around 3000
This is a top notch shop (they had an LFA in there), if they did do something other than oem paint I'm certain it would be very high quality... Could be another pro for new paint.
Old 12-05-16, 07:01 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
I saw this ISF CCS-P a few months back at a gas station about to head up to angeles crest....it was like this nice champagne brown color..wish I could find it.
this one ?
View this post on Instagram

Last edited by ForzaF; 12-05-16 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-06-16, 07:50 AM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
So my F is getting a repaint courtesy of insurance after some construction roads + trucks were brutal to it
Not to stray this too far off topic, but I'd like to hear more details about this incident that the insurance company OK'd the payout on...if you can?
Old 12-06-16, 07:52 AM
ISFMichael
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you I would probably just stick with your stock colour too. But as couple others have stated, silverstone is the best colour out there! That's what colour my S2000 is and I love it.
Old 12-06-16, 07:56 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on black rose for me

but show us some after photos after the job is completed
Old 12-06-16, 09:14 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tronim
Not to stray this too far off topic, but I'd like to hear more details about this incident that the insurance company OK'd the payout on...if you can?
Sure, they were doing construction on a road I have to take every day so tons of loose gravel combined with careless drivers blowing past me like it was paved over ended up causing enough rock chip damage that it needed a full repaint to prevent rust/corrosion issues in the future. The shop I took it to said they would go over the entire car and see what they could justify to insurance (pretty much anything with damage) so its getting a new windshield, front bumper, grill, and headlights/foglights at the same time. Sucks to leave the F for 2-3 weeks (rental suburban sucks) but at least im getting back an almost entirely new exterior! Sorry to disappoint but im leaning toward keeping MM, I can only have so many car related impulse buys in a year.
The following users liked this post:
Jondls33 (12-06-16)
Old 12-06-16, 09:19 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^^...interesting. So basically you filed a claim against the city? Or county you were driving on at the moment? Did you pullover and complain to the workers? I'm just curious.
Old 12-06-16, 09:23 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

No I just filed a claim straight through the agent who works with my family, I didnt deal with the city or workers at all, maybe my insurance will go after the county/city but they didnt ask anything beyond what road the incident happened on.
Old 12-06-16, 09:46 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
No I just filed a claim straight through the agent who works with my family, I didnt deal with the city or workers at all, maybe my insurance will go after the county/city but they didnt ask anything beyond what road the incident happened on.
Thank you for clarifying
Old 12-06-16, 11:12 AM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure to keep all documentation showing it was repainted for cosmetic purposes. An insurance claim will trigger a CARFAX accident.

Quick Reply: F getting a repaint - color options