IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

joe z vs borla w bazooka upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-16, 04:49 PM
DroCityLex
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default joe z vs borla w bazooka upgrade

torn in between the two. how much louder is the bazooka than joe z? I've only heard joe z in person and loved the deep sound
Old 12-01-16, 07:57 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by DroCityLex
torn in between the two. how much louder is the bazooka than joe z? I've only heard joe z in person and loved the deep sound
Haven't heard a Joe Z in person but I have the bazooka and it is LOUD. It doesn't really even drone though to be clear. Driving around the city, it is very civilized and easy to live with on the daily. Ive taken a 10 hour trip cruising from 65-85mph and there was 0 drone. But with that being said when you get on it you can hear the car from miles away, and thats no joke. It even pops and cracks sometimes if the car is warm enough. I don't really recall people reporting on this, but many times ill be coming to a stop in manual mode and it'll let off a loud backfire out the back (no flame though). All in all I love it and people always come up to me astounded wondering what the hell I have under the hood
Old 12-01-16, 08:10 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010ISF
Haven't heard a Joe Z in person but I have the bazooka and it is LOUD. It doesn't really even drone though to be clear. Driving around the city, it is very civilized and easy to live with on the daily. Ive taken a 10 hour trip cruising from 65-85mph and there was 0 drone. But with that being said when you get on it you can hear the car from miles away, and thats no joke. It even pops and cracks sometimes if the car is warm enough. I don't really recall people reporting on this, but many times ill be coming to a stop in manual mode and it'll let off a loud backfire out the back (no flame though). All in all I love it and people always come up to me astounded wondering what the hell I have under the hood
stock manifolds or headers?

I'm thinking of just getting some slip ons and welding some pipes towards the factory tips and call it a day on that. Not as fancy as rr but very similar concept.
Old 12-01-16, 08:14 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

+1, it goes from civilized to racecar pretty quick. Can't imagine owning this car without the bazooka now.
Old 12-01-16, 08:16 PM
mahcah
Racer

Originally Posted by nks979
+1, it goes from civilized to racecar pretty quick. Can't imagine owning this car without the bazooka now.
Factory manifolds or headers?
Old 12-01-16, 08:20 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by mahcah
stock manifolds or headers?

I'm thinking of just getting some slip ons and welding some pipes towards the factory tips and call it a day on that. Not as fancy as rr but very similar concept.
Stock manifolds. But I say try that out, I'm sure it'll wake the exhaust up pretty nicely
Old 12-01-16, 08:21 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Originally Posted by nks979
It truly is the best of both worlds
Old 12-01-16, 10:14 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

You just described my Joe Z, lol. I need to hear a Bazooka'd IS-F now, lol.

V.
Old 12-01-16, 10:29 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Rr-racing's YouTube video for their exhaust upgrades is basically the best representation of what it's like in person
Old 12-02-16, 12:42 AM
DroCityLex
Rookie

Rr-racing's YouTube video for their exhaust upgrades is basically the best representation of what it's like in person
Ya I've listened to them a few times but I cant really compare how loud they are to the joe z.
Old 12-02-16, 04:13 AM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

When u watch the youtube clip turn the volume ALL THE WAY UP, when it shows the Bazooka exhaust. It is loud. It sounds intoxicating thou. I have my Borla rear cans on right now but switch back and forth between the bazooka and Borla. My wife is not a fan of the bazookas and uses the F when family is in town hence is why the Borla rear section is on. On the other hand my 9 yo loves it and literally boo'd me as I put the Borla cans back on.
Old 12-02-16, 12:23 PM
mahcah
Racer

Did a bazooka imitation. A hair loud on stock manifolds. More grunt for sure. I have borla catback.
Old 12-02-16, 12:48 PM
2010ISF
Driver

Looks good to me, it'll probably settle down a tad once the pipes get worn in
Old 12-02-16, 12:55 PM
mahcah
Racer

Well see! It was about a hundred bucks for me to do and these pipes slip onto the Borla catback so I am able to switch to the original Borla mufflers if I want to
Old 12-02-16, 03:47 PM
DroCityLex
Rookie

so would you guys think the magna flow mufflers with bola would be similar to joe z? i kinda feel the bazooka will be overwhelming at times...

Quick Reply: joe z vs borla w bazooka upgrade