IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2010 ISF Just Need some quick help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-16, 04:22 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 ISF Just Need some quick help

Am about to pull the cat out of the hat on a 2010 ISF. I really don't have the time to look through all the posts about the potential issues with ISF'S. I know a few, the valley plate leak, some type of fuel rail the really sensitive tranny fluid issue,??? I am not looking for criticism. So please guys and gals stick to the topic and try and be of assistance.
Old 11-04-16, 05:57 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't put it much simpler than "Just go for it!" I never heard of any F having sensitive tranny fluid issues though? I know people have been testing their fluids as Lexus claims its lifetime fluid (i confirmed this myself by asking the dealer about it and they replied they don't have that in their labour book for the F).

Amazing machine overall though
Old 11-04-16, 09:47 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by ISFLexy
I can't put it much simpler than "Just go for it!" I never heard of any F having sensitive tranny fluid issues though? I know people have been testing their fluids as Lexus claims its lifetime fluid (i confirmed this myself by asking the dealer about it and they replied they don't have that in their labour book for the F).

Amazing machine overall though

I had an '08 and it had some of the areas addressed before I bought it.
Old 11-05-16, 03:35 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

A simple rule of thumb I've learned since buying my F and from owning other cars and being on other forums: the F has been out since 08 and if you scroll through this forum you find that very, very few threads are about problems. And, in general people are more apt to be vocal about Problems and complaints....so, if there are few threads about problems, and human nature is to complain about things that go wrong, you can rest assured that this car is about as bulletproof as they come!
Old 11-05-16, 01:52 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Jz39
A simple rule of thumb I've learned since buying my F and from owning other cars and being on other forums: the F has been out since 08 and if you scroll through this forum you find that very, very few threads are about problems. And, in general people are more apt to be vocal about Problems and complaints....so, if there are few threads about problems, and human nature is to complain about things that go wrong, you can rest assured that this car is about as bulletproof as they come!

I will agree with you %100 on that. But I am now a bit leary on the car since the salesperson and manager are vehemenently deny there was ever work done on the car because the CAR FAX says so. Yet you look up the service record on Lexus drive and the front bumper was recovered and the grille replaced. Not that it matters if it was only the bumper and the grille. However, there is no reaspn to lie about it. I even told them to look it up on the Lexus Drive site and sent them pictures of it. Now that I have become to demanding and they have to do to much work to sell this car, they didn't want to spend 2 whole hours gathering the information I wanted to sell the car. Maybe I am just better off private party. It is hard to swallow why people that ask a few questions about a car they readily can't go to drive and see become a nusaince lol.
Old 11-05-16, 05:54 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy knows all the issues..... He has made post, after post, after post, after post, using different usernames, all about ISF issues, ISF problems, ISF cost & values too high or too low, ISFs he has been looking at, but never bought, ISFs that people are selling for too much money, ISFs that dealers are asking way too much for. He owned one in the past and is well versed on all the issues, and what the correct value is for an ISF, just ask him.... I don't know the reason for all these posts other than to stir up attention or controversy.

OP with all these posts after the past several months, what are you waiting for?

Sounds like you've talked yourself OUT of another ISF.

Last edited by USBM2011; 11-05-16 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-05-16, 06:17 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Just get one 2011 if you can afford it i wish i had got mine years ago so much fun to drive.
Old 11-05-16, 11:13 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by USBM2011
This guy knows all the issues..... He has made post, after post, after post, after post, using different usernames, all about ISF issues, ISF problems, ISF cost & values too high or too low, ISFs he has been looking at, but never bought, ISFs that people are selling for too much money, ISFs that dealers are asking way too much for. He owned one in the past and is well versed on all the issues, and what the correct value is for an ISF, just ask him.... I don't know the reason for all these posts other than to stir up attention or controversy.

OP with all these posts after the past several months, what are you waiting for?

Sounds like you've talked yourself OUT of another ISF.

This.

OP, what is it that you're waiting for?
Old 11-06-16, 03:55 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah, this thread is ridiculous. A repaired bumper cover and a dealership that's not up to par has absolutely ZERO to do with your question. I would suggest you not buy an ISF so as to no longer dilute the membership of this site...
Old 11-06-16, 12:48 PM
mmartin061
banned

Yeah, this thread is ridiculous. A repaired bumper cover and a dealership that's not up to par has absolutely ZERO to do with your question. I would suggest you not buy an ISF so as to no longer dilute the membership of this site...

Then don't respond to it. I am free to post what I want. Many of you sit and claim that the pefect ISF took months and months of waiting. Thank you to the couple that responded with something of value. I did have 2 user names you are %100 correct. And I did not realize the fact I had 2.
Old 11-06-16, 12:56 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by knshro13
This.

OP, what is it that you're waiting for?
Well first thanks for not bashing me. The car I want to purchase is 900 miles away and unfortunately can not go to look at it before I would buy it. It isn't about really waiting at this point. More so I have to feel comfortable with the transaction. When the dealership claims that the car has never had any damage or repairs to it, and it was supposedly the owner of the delearships car, but the Lexus Drive site shows otherwise, that is a bit missleading. The other response above has nothing to do with me buying a car. More so just trying to insite problems. Highschoolish. I'll take the high road and for the few that want to help keep posting. Like I say if you don't like my posts ignore them. To each his own. If the others that think that this is insignificant, the discrepency about an accident, to each their own. I don't go around to every post I disagree with and **** on them because I don't have anything better to do with my time. I let it be. And as far as purchasing a car. Maybe I end up buying one from a memeber here. And he/she will have a great experience.
Old 11-06-16, 01:08 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
Then don't respond to it. I am free to post what I want. Many of you sit and claim that the pefect ISF took months and months of waiting. Thank you to the couple that responded with something of value. I did have 2 user names you are %100 correct. And I did not realize the fact I had 2.
Months? Sometimes it takes years.

If you want a perfect ISF, find a brand new 2014 car.

If you want a near perfect ISF, it's probably a 2012 or 2013. You may not get the color you want though. You may have to travel out of State to find what you want, there are not many of them, the ones that go on sale sell very quickly. I would get an account with a credit union and pre-qualify so you have your finances ready. There are quite a few 2012's on cars.com, one that I saw had 7,500 miles on it.

Let me know what issues you're having with finding one and we will go from there.

The car is very strong and has zero issues.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 11-06-16 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 01:40 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Well first thanks for not bashing me. The car I want to purchase is 900 miles away and unfortunately can not go to look at it before I would buy it. It isn't about really waiting at this point. More so I have to feel comfortable with the transaction. When the dealership claims that the car has never had any damage or repairs to it, and it was supposedly the owner of the delearships car, but the Lexus Drive site shows otherwise, that is a bit missleading. The other response above has nothing to do with me buying a car. More so just trying to insite problems. Highschoolish. I'll take the high road and for the few that want to help keep posting. Like I say if you don't like my posts ignore them. To each his own. If the others that think that this is insignificant, the discrepency about an accident, to each their own. I don't go around to every post I disagree with and **** on them because I don't have anything better to do with my time. I let it be. And as far as purchasing a car. Maybe I end up buying one from a memeber here. And he/she will have a great experience.
OP it isn't a bash. Its all factual, you make multiple posts like this, always about buying or selling some ISF, or someone else that is buying or selling an ISF, then you always take a defensive stance when someone points out your logic that maybe isn't inline with what you say your trying to do. You ask for help, but then act like you know better then the people that respond that try to give you logical answers to your questions. The responses to your questions are usually from people that actually own an ISF, or have owned multiple, or are in the car business, then you tell them they are wrong, or act like they don't know what they're talking about, but yet YOU are the one that continues to post and ask questions you already apparently know the answer to, and still doesn't own the car you know so much about. It doesn't make sense.

People are just wondering your motivation and why the posts have all be the same for the last 4-6 months. Just look at your post history on this screen name, almost every post is about buying or selling an ISF, or if an ISF is better than some other car, or how over priced ISFs are, or how a GSF is better, or who knows what else.

The facts are you probably have passed up SEVERAL good deals and missed out on great cars, you could have been enjoying an ISF again, but every time have some reason as to NOT buy it, why not look at why TO buy it, so you can move on. So with that said people begin to question why you continue to post? Just go BUY ONE!

Last edited by USBM2011; 11-06-16 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 01:57 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

I really don't have the time to look through all the posts about the potential issues with ISF'S.
And statements like the above really get me going - and NOT in a good way

Lou
Old 11-06-16, 02:06 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider
And statements like the above really get me going - and NOT in a good way

Lou

Agree'd. If you don't have the time to research the issues of this expensive of a purchase, and educate yourself (although OP does have time, hence the MULTIPLE posts about the SAME THING, and is educated), then you may want to think about buying something else, and quit wasting everyone else time.

Quick Reply: 2010 ISF Just Need some quick help