IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Supercharged ISF

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 01:15 PM
isFamily
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged ISF

Who's going to do it??? Or did I miss something and someone installed it. If so how's it going?
Old 10-26-16, 01:21 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by isFamily
Who's going to do it??? Or did I miss something and someone installed it. If so how's it going?

RR Racing has developed a kit and have been testing for months now. It is released and you can find the thread in the vendor marketplace at the link below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ouncement.html

Last edited by Joker4096; 10-26-16 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spoonfeeding :-)
Old 10-26-16, 06:18 PM
flawless
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine its going to be pretty exclusive at $10k. i want it bad though!
Old 10-27-16, 08:20 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by flawless
I imagine its going to be pretty exclusive at $10k. i want it bad though!

go look at the vid that was posted at the end of the thread, man i want too lol.
Old 10-28-16, 09:35 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Not me. Not a big fan of supercharging a high compression motor.
Old 10-29-16, 08:06 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
It's not ideal for high boost applications but it's certainly not as risqué as it once was because of the speed, technology, and sensors available and used now to keep the motor in a safe zone. Honda guys have been boosting high compression motors for quite some time now.
Old 10-29-16, 01:53 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

Doable, but not ideal.
Old 10-30-16, 07:28 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Just watching my neighbor and his supercharged Audi RS-4 (ya, I know, that's a whole other conversation), I don't know if to laugh or feel sorry for him.

The car is here 1 week out of the month, the rest of the time it's in the shop. The man became an expert on removing the front bumper, blower unit and what's not. He borrows my Jeggs jack on a regular basis. (I suppose that's all I am good for, but that's another story)

So far it has been O2 sensors, serpentine belt gets destroyed every 2000 miles, mis-fires, tuning issues, vacuum leaks that can't be resolved, the list goes on.

Yesterday I heard it's getting a new alternator. I'm sure it's not the end.

He managed to run a 12 flat 1/4 mile at 117 MPH............I was thinking to myself, all that money, All wheel drive, supercharger kit, 650 bhp and ...................a 12 flat......

Anyhowz, I hold much higher respect for our car since I know it's engineered very well I just hope the Supercharger kit is a success for those who will buy it.

I have to say that from all the cars I've owned and modded, this car just seems so well put together I decided to not "f*** around with it" (as one of my friends used to say to me).
Old 10-31-16, 12:30 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Just watching my neighbor and his supercharged Audi RS-4 (ya, I know, that's a whole other conversation), I don't know if to laugh or feel sorry for him.

The car is here 1 week out of the month, the rest of the time it's in the shop. The man became an expert on removing the front bumper, blower unit and what's not. He borrows my Jeggs jack on a regular basis. (I suppose that's all I am good for, but that's another story)

So far it has been O2 sensors, serpentine belt gets destroyed every 2000 miles, mis-fires, tuning issues, vacuum leaks that can't be resolved, the list goes on.

Yesterday I heard it's getting a new alternator. I'm sure it's not the end.

He managed to run a 12 flat 1/4 mile at 117 MPH............I was thinking to myself, all that money, All wheel drive, supercharger kit, 650 bhp and ...................a 12 flat......

Anyhowz, I hold much higher respect for our car since I know it's engineered very well I just hope the Supercharger kit is a success for those who will buy it.

I have to say that from all the cars I've owned and modded, this car just seems so well put together I decided to not "f*** around with it" (as one of my friends used to say to me).
I know what you mean. I have a mate with a C63 going through similar issues, regularly in the shop and not for upgrades but for fixes.
Its great to have power but longevity has to be key otherwise the fun factor disappears real quick.
Having that Toyota reliability is great and piece of mind. Like anything though, it takes time to see the real impact of such a major mod like a supercharger. i.e. Early models have since had the suspenssion etc revised but Lexus still released it and they tweaked it over the years.
I dont think anyone can really comment on its overall reliability until quite some time has passed. I know early testing has seen many kms and trackwork done but still to see how it impacts the car overall, you'll need to ask someone who does it years later.
Just hoping it attracts enough interest and guinea pigs in the interim.
Old 10-31-16, 04:13 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RCF Goes up Against RRR ISF

Old 11-01-16, 10:21 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
Very nice. I didn't have any doubts the supercharged ISF will walk away from the RC-F.

I did mention my neighbor he should ditch that Audi and get an IS-F but somehow I don't think he took it too well. LOL
Old 11-06-16, 04:34 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

RR Racing ISF at the 1/4 mile good trap speeds, needs some sticky tires for a better ET
Old 11-06-16, 07:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,413 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
I know what you mean. I have a mate with a C63 going through similar issues, regularly in the shop and not for upgrades but for fixes.
Its great to have power but longevity has to be key otherwise the fun factor disappears real quick.
Having that Toyota reliability is great and piece of mind. Like anything though, it takes time to see the real impact of such a major mod like a supercharger. i.e. Early models have since had the suspenssion etc revised but Lexus still released it and they tweaked it over the years.
I dont think anyone can really comment on its overall reliability until quite some time has passed. I know early testing has seen many kms and trackwork done but still to see how it impacts the car overall, you'll need to ask someone who does it years later.

Hmmm.. we have 60k miles on our extensively tracked ISF... 8000 miles now with the SC. 528whp on 93 pump. 6 track days. Numerous 160+mph runs, extensive tuning and testing... and not one single failure or maintenance issue. I would say that our test program is significantly more intensive than what most IS-F owners will do to their cars in a lifetime.

IS-F is not an AMG -- it is robustly engineered car that is simply in a different class to the AMG or M cars when it comes to durability and reliability. IS-F CCSR's are basically stock engine and transmission cars that are being raced in 24 hour endurance races with amazing reliability. All the Mercs or BMW's I've seen race in similar class are heavily reworked, and often share very little with their production versions.

To put the cost of the SC into perspective, there are plenty of folks putting big money to achieve 400+ or 500+ on an EVO or STi -- although those cars may seem to be a little less to buy, it is a false economy because it is 100% certainty they will fail if you push them like we do with our IS-F. Once you build it and rebuild it, your little modded 4-banger will cost you significantly more.

Just my thoughts!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 11-06-16, 07:49 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,413 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L

Hmmm.. we have 60k miles on our extensively tracked ISF... 8000 miles now with the SC. 528whp on 93 pump. 6 track days. Numerous 160+mph runs, extensive tuning and testing... and not one single failure or maintenance issue. I would say that our test program is significantly more intensive than what most IS-F owners will do to their cars in a lifetime.

IS-F is not an AMG -- it is robustly engineered car that is simply in a different class to the AMG or M cars when it comes to durability and reliability. IS-F CCSR's are basically stock engine and transmission cars that are being raced in 24 hour endurance races with amazing reliability.

To put the cost of the SC into perspective, there are plenty of folks putting big money to achieve 400+ or 500+ on an EVO or STi -- although those cars may seem to be a little less to buy, it is a false economy because it is 100% certainty they will fail if you push them like we do with our IS-F. Once you build it and rebuild it, your little modded 4-banger will cost you significantly more.

Just my thoughts!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 11-06-16, 01:16 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by RRRacing

IS-F is not an AMG -- it is robustly engineered car that is simply in a different class to the AMG or M cars when it comes to durability and reliability. IS-F CCSR's are basically stock engine and transmission cars that are being raced in 24 hour endurance races with amazing reliability.

Just my thoughts!

-Rafi
I agree the ISF is a better built car. I had a 2004 STi and they had the potential for a lot of problems. (cracking oil pickup tube, cracked turbo wastegate, cracking oil lines)

It would be nice to have more in-car videos of the setup so people can see how it sounds daily.

Quick Reply: Supercharged ISF