IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Close Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-16, 08:37 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Close Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger

This has been a very interesting week, in past 7 days I have run into all these cars while on my way home from work now mind you I get out at 12:30 a.m. in the morning all these encounters happened on the west side of Manhattan either heading up 12th Ave to the West Side Highway or on the West Side Highway. Last night I had just left work I'm on 12th Avenue around 40th Street it was a nice night out had my windows down and all I hear a Banshee wailing! I knew instantly what it was even before I saw it LFA. I actually got a chance to ride in an LFA at Lexus Insider event in 2010, at New Jersey Motorsports in Millville New Jersey we ran on Lightning got to see in action will never forget how that car sounds. The LFA was accompanied by and F80 M4. He pulled up next to me and gave a few revs, loved it had to reciprocate would a few revs of my own. I have I/H/E so far from stock sounding things were about to get interesting when all of a sudden NYPD Rolls by stopped at the red light that we were at oh well that ended that possibility quick little run vs LFA I know I would have lose but it would have been fun anyway.
If you look close on left bottom portion of pic you'll see the Lexus itching driver side glass on pic.

Close Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger-20161024_003543-1.jpg

Saturday night on the West Side Highway just passed 72nd Street when something big and wicked sounding Gets behind you tells me for about half a mile I'm always in sport manual with the nannies off I start to punch in just a bit to see what's behind me keeps right behind me then pulls to the right along side Bentley GT what a beast he had an aftermarket exhaust car sounded insane. We get a couple of quick little pulls nothing crazy too much traffic to do anything other than that but boy was that cool. For such a big heavy car it really did pull nice.

Last Wednesday on my way home on the West Side Highway was detoured at 181st Street Duit Construction while making my way back to the Thruway via ,Crossbones express way I pull behind a black RCF while at the light. The Way We Were In wasn't moving so I like to go around him to his right as I did so I saw his head turn to the right in my mirror he immediately jumped behind me. I was hoping that he would stay behind me all the way back onto the highway luckily for me he did just that. As we headed back to The CrossBronx Expressway he stayed on my tail as we got onto the highway I slowly emerge from behind ramp onto the highway from the far right lane all the way to the left lane which was clear I wanted him to stay behind me so I kept it nice and slow at about 30 miles an hour. Once we got onto that left lane and there was no traffic ahead of us I punched it just so happens to be we were one of many underpass on the Cross Bronx so as I punched it the sound of my ISF going to wide open throttle I wasn't seeing as it reverberating off the walls I think I surprised him LOL I think he was startled and didn't expect my apps to accelerate as fast and as hard as it did he made no initial attempt at first to try to keep up once traffic slowed me down he quickly caught up to me but by then we had a bunch of additional Construction we were unable to do anything else at that point he stayed behind me then he peeled off then I peeled off and continued on my way home.

Tuesday night once again on my way home ran into a Dodge Charger Hellcat around 96st. That big cat sounds monsters this is my second time running into a Hellcat on Highway they are no joke simply insane. Things got interesting past 125th Street. That Hellcat pulls like nothing else but I wanted to see what happened once we hit the heights just passed the GW Bridge the roads gets some sharpe twist in it. Once you hit this area of the highway it's no longer solely about horsepower it's about handling suspension and Driver skill. I was able to catch and pass the Big Cat. Now he may not have been familiar with the road or the car it looked brand new, perhaps driver skill, or weight of that big cat but he backed off at that spot he hit breaks. That allowed me to overtake him. I've been driving that road for over 30 plus years and had my car for 6 years now so I'm familiar with both so that may have given me Advantage. Once we straightened out he passed me like I wasn't even moving LOL.

I seriously need to start recording my drive home this is not the first time I've encountered all sorts of exotic things on the highway going home at night. And at no time were we ever racing but just going down the highway at a nice pace.
Old 10-24-16, 08:54 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for sharing Very entertaining read! Yes! Please get some sort of recording device. These encounters would have been epic! Now, I want to see this infamous road you been driving for over 30 years...lol.
Old 10-24-16, 09:08 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Yes we need some of these encounters filmed plz

Add the tuned intake and tune and you'll be complete FBO and it'll be faster!
Old 10-24-16, 09:17 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/REXING-1080P-...ds=rexing+s300
Old 10-24-16, 11:29 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Thanks for sharing Very entertaining read! Yes! Please get some sort of recording device. These encounters would have been epic! Now, I want to see this infamous road you been driving for over 30 years...lol.
Ah yes that would be Westside Highway up to Henry Hudson pkwy to Saw Mill pkwy the further north you go the better roads get as far as twisties and smoothness is concerned.

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Yes we need some of these encounters filmed plz
Will be ordering something soon.

Add the tuned intake and tune and you'll be complete FBO and it'll be faster!
This yr had some maintenance to do I add new summer, replaced spark plugs, air filter, oil change, transmission fuilds, replaced gear oil, wheel alignment just ordered set of winter tires and rims. Had Valley Plate leak fixed, that under warranty. So I'm done now with maintenance so spring of 2017 RR racing tune, and tuned Intake, RR Racing USRS, Figs control arms, and end links blisntien B6 struts.
Old 10-25-16, 01:57 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my 08 IS F for about 2 weeks now. It's fun to see drivers in other "performance" cars give notice to me on the road. Had a CTSV do a fly by on my way home yesterday. They made a quick right and spun the tires a little as they turned. Just need to hurry up and get my new license plate in the mail so I don't look like such a noob on the road, ha.
Old 10-25-16, 02:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice !! I ran with a hell cat and all I saw was he brake lights. Sounded amazing too. We pulled up and were laughing and talking . Cool guy. He said his wife had one too
Old 10-25-16, 04:56 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Nice !! I ran with a hell cat and all I saw was he brake lights. Sounded amazing too. We pulled up and were laughing and talking . Cool guy. He said his wife had one too
Same experience here. Those cars are no joke!
Old 10-25-16, 07:36 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Agreed!^^^^^Escpecially when they hook up with decent tires with traction, they launch and buh bye lol
Old 10-26-16, 07:37 AM
Weapon F

Yes the Hellcat is aptly named it's freakin hellish especially in a straight line if you're into quarter mile, half mile and mile racing that type of thing it is truly a beast and can hurt the feelings of just about every stock car out there including some Exotics even the mighty Godzilla must fear Hellcat aka Gigantor. Oh and for those who don't know who Gigantor was it was a cartoon from 1964 of this giant huge kind of fat robot that was Unstoppable that was shaped kind of square and round at the same time sort of like the Hellcat lol

Gigantor
Close Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger-screenshot_2016-10-26-10-30-54-1.pngClose Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger-screenshot_2016-10-26-10-22-50-1.pngClose Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger-screenshot_2016-10-26-10-22-09-1.pngClose Encounters with interesting cars this week LFA, RCF, Bentley GT Hellcat charger-screenshot_2016-10-26-10-20-52-1.png