IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Funny BMW stories

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-16, 10:34 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Cant be the ultimate driving machine when the POS is always in the shop.........like always. LMAO Even BMW guys know their cars suck *** for reliability. They buy them to front and to claim they are all real drivers when they dont even track their cars. Its a big joke. Just freeway pulls and the owners and the brand think they are Gods gift to performance cars. These guys are all on a first name basis with their SA's
You nailed it on the dot. I got a buddy who thinks bmw is ultimate driving machine even said his 335D handled or drove better then the F. I told him let go to the track and see he declined the offer. He now bought himself a v10 m5 thinking hes king I asked the question again lets take it to the track still refuses. Like you said do a few straight pulls and they thing its the fastest best handling car out there. I really hope he accepts my offer one day so i can put him on Youtube

Last edited by ForzaF; 10-21-16 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-21-16, 11:19 AM
Fuzzyoner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is perfect
A lot of my friends are BMW owners/enthusiast and they all told me not to buy a BMW because I was steering that direction. They all said the maintenance is just too much/too often.

And then there is VW's....love/hate relationship

Im pretty stuck with Lexus as a whole. I might upgrade the wife's car to a Lexus SUV soon. The interest rates are too good to be true right now.
Old 10-21-16, 12:38 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Last I heard it was Jag and Range Rover, and I was contemplating buying a range rover in the future. But now you say VW, sheesh. Life is tough
2 of my family members drive Autobiography's surprised they haven't complained of issues yet.
Old 10-21-16, 12:42 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
Not hating at all...almost sadly the opposite. I really looked at the Ms, AMGs and RSs...I considered them and would've loved to have had one. But, my initial comments were completely unbiased. When I heard a brand new $100k 7 series with an engine that sounded like it was chewing gravel, a new 3 series that was rattling like a cocktail shaker, and 4 dead bimmers in a bit over 200 miles of driving, I realize that I made the correct decision every day. I wish it wasn't this way, I probably will never own a bimmer for the simple fact that I fear wasting the precious free time that I have at the dealership.

Buy a M new to get a warranty and it's a serious price tag, lease one and you are paying a huge sum to borrow a car, buy one used and expect to be making two car payments over the long hual.

Funny story, my buddy became a service manager at BMW right around the time that they started turbocharging the 3 series and I said to him at the time that you should NEVER buy a twin turbo 3 series, lease it bc not one, but two turbos in a BMW was a financial nightmare waiting to happen.

Didn't see him for about 5 years and I then ran into him downtown and I kid you not, THE FIRST THING HE SAID TO ME was "You were right"! Then he clarified that he was talking about the turbochargers...and how many they keep in stock at a given time.

And now, my neighbor two doors down, who was the service manager at the local Lexus shop for almost a decade and then moved to BMW...he only lasted a year and then moved on to another, higher end opportunity, but said that the difference between being at Lexus and BMW was night and day, the simple and constant problems that he had to deal with compared to Lexus was, in his words, unbelievable.

Sadly, BMW truly treats its customers as beta testers, and for that price tag, that's just not acceptable.
That's what happens when you use outside companies for your turbo parts.
Old 10-21-16, 01:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They get attention because they are great cars dynamically but ****ty cars to own . My name comes from my G35 in 2002 . It smoked the bummer when it came out and the
Name was great at egging them on and getting into freeway races . Like many we stick with the same screen name
Old 10-21-16, 02:02 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuspow21
As much as we might dislike bimmers, why do we have to give them so much attention on here?
I view it as insecurity. It's the Lexus crutch to hate on european cars because of the one category it wins in. Aside from the ISF, I think the majority of the RS, AMG, M cars are superior in most of the other categories. And to be blunt, people buying them don't really give a **** about slightly worse reliability with a car under warranty and likely have the funds to support it after it expires

S85 V10 in the E60 M5 is one of the greatest sounding engines of all time. They are land yacht comfy cruisers that handle decent. Of course people buy them to rip down the street. Its intoxicating

Douchebags drive all makes and models, enthusiasts are supposed to like all makes and models. No need to hate
Old 10-21-16, 02:53 PM
lexuspow21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
I view it as insecurity. It's the Lexus crutch to hate on european cars because of the one category it wins in. Aside from the ISF, I think the majority of the RS, AMG, M cars are superior in most of the other categories. And to be blunt, people buying them don't really give a **** about slightly worse reliability with a car under warranty and likely have the funds to support it after it expires

S85 V10 in the E60 M5 is one of the greatest sounding engines of all time. They are land yacht comfy cruisers that handle decent. Of course people buy them to rip down the street. Its intoxicating

Douchebags drive all makes and models, enthusiasts are supposed to like all makes and models. No need to hate

Spot the F*** on. I drive my RCF and used to drive my old ISF without attention to bimmers. To make threads and constant call-outs to BMW is the epitome of insecurity. My bimmer friends could not care less about my F and same with me on their Ms or M6. They definitely don't go out of their way to trash it to my face or make tons of threads about it on their forums.
Old 10-21-16, 03:15 PM
FFM
Racer

The reliability of the F was the only thing that swayed me away from the E92 M3. As a daily and commuter I didn't want to risk the fraction of a % of rod bearing failure. $3500 to have preventative bearings replaced after you just bought a 40k car didn't sit well either. But was willing. Just a fluke a local F popped up for a steal really.

Ive got nothing but complaints. Just like I did when I had my M. Car people love cars generally haha.
Old 10-21-16, 04:22 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
They get attention because they are great cars dynamically but ****ty cars to own . My name comes from my G35 in 2002 . It smoked the bummer when it came out and the
Name was great at egging them on and getting into freeway races . Like many we stick with the same screen name
Thats funny--I was at the 1/4 mile in my 2004 G35 back in 2006 and was running low 14's and a guy who just got his ZHP 330 was consistently very high 14s and was furious that I was killing him by that margin. He ended up supercharging the car, but it was a huge bust and I'm not sure he ever got it tuned correctly. The shorter gearing killed them in the 1/4, requiring a bunch of shifts to get through the finish line.
Old 10-21-16, 04:50 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
The reliability of the F was the only thing that swayed me away from the E92 M3. As a daily and commuter I didn't want to risk the fraction of a % of rod bearing failure. $3500 to have preventative bearings replaced after you just bought a 40k car didn't sit well either. But was willing. Just a fluke a local F popped up for a steal really.

Ive got nothing but complaints. Just like I did when I had my M. Car people love cars generally haha.
+100. Car people love cars. Well said.
Old 10-21-16, 05:27 PM
FFM
Racer

Lol just noticed autocorrect changed compliments to complaints.
Old 10-21-16, 10:29 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is funny how people were losing their **** when the BMW crowd was talking crap about the ISF, now you guys are doing the same thing... Just enjoy what you have and appreciate what other people have, is it really that hard? SMH.
Old 10-22-16, 05:31 AM
ich1ban
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So much insecurity in this thread.

If Reliability was discounted, I would've definitely picked up the C63 over both ISF and M3 if money was no object.
Old 10-22-16, 07:59 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Agreed to just be happy with your car. I actually didn't mean to bash BMW per se, I should've just said auto maker X. It was just an observation of a significant number of occurences in a short period of time. I would have posted the same thing if it was any other brand that happened to be the culprit. Much love to all brands!!
Old 10-22-16, 09:31 AM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

not gonna lie, I was close to purchasing a e92 M3 before I got my F and I also shopped around for a c63, only thing that steered me away from them was reliability and maintenance cost, I personally love how the m3 looks, and as for c63.. its a monster and sounds amazing! I just wished my pockets were deep enough to own an M3 incase I needed maintenance and breakdown costs

Quick Reply: Funny BMW stories