IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Window squeal going up and down.

Old 10-18-16, 08:48 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Window squeal going up and down.

Im not sure if I'm the only person that has this but lately my driver's window squeaks and squals when going up and down when its been raining or after washing the car. I haven't opened a door panel in years. Does anyone know if i have to grease the tracks or replace the lower window trim? I also hate opening door panels because i feel once they have been pryed open, i will get some sort of rattle. I might not be keeping this car much longer but i still want to fix anything that comes up.
Old 10-19-16, 08:33 AM
robtown
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might be the upper black trim on the interior side of the window attached to the B pillar. I actually had my tint pulled loose by it as I never really cleaned that part of my interior as the Windows would need to be done.

Still need to to get my tint fixed. You might try to clean and lubricate that part and see if it helps if you have not already tried that.

Might sell the car? The vultures will start circling for that part out. I call first dibs.

But it in all seriousness I want the black pearl grill. Been looking for a while and had a few back out on me to sell local. I'm in TX and would cover shipping costs. I'd also be interested in several other parts... throttle controller, led fogs, suspension mods, etc... Let me know if you end up going that route.

Rob
Old 10-19-16, 08:55 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I was wondering where you were ISFPOWER. It pains me to read you will be leaving the ISF. I realize these cars are getting dated and life moves on. I'm so in love with mine just the thought of trading it in, makes me sad. Any thoughts on your next ride? You still have the M6 right?
Old 10-19-16, 11:24 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

You need some silicone spray in the tracks.
Old 10-19-16, 11:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I just clean the black trim with some interior cleaner and mine stopped. My rear passenger side was doing it this summer too
Old 10-19-16, 08:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by robtown
It might be the upper black trim on the interior side of the window attached to the B pillar. I actually had my tint pulled loose by it as I never really cleaned that part of my interior as the Windows would need to be done.

Still need to to get my tint fixed. You might try to clean and lubricate that part and see if it helps if you have not already tried that.

Might sell the car? The vultures will start circling for that part out. I call first dibs.

But it in all seriousness I want the black pearl grill. Been looking for a while and had a few back out on me to sell local. I'm in TX and would cover shipping costs. I'd also be interested in several other parts... throttle controller, led fogs, suspension mods, etc... Let me know if you end up going that route.

Rob
Rob, i think you hit the nail on the head. i actually saw a tiny bit of my tint up top kind of loose. ill wash my car this weekend and see if it has topped.

lol on dibs. i have a local friend that might get some of my good parts but ill see how things go. RCF prices have gone down a lot. But i don't see too much of an upgrade besides the awesome interior and carbon roof i want.

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
I was wondering where you were ISFPOWER. It pains me to read you will be leaving the ISF. I realize these cars are getting dated and life moves on. I'm so in love with mine just the thought of trading it in, makes me sad. Any thoughts on your next ride? You still have the M6 right?
Yeah I've got into a new career that has consumed all of my time and soul. I barely have time to wash the car . My ISF doesn't look or feel dated at all which is why its hard to get rid of. it has no problems that needs to be fixed so thats the part that gets boring. Im somewhat addicted to buying modifications and working on the car and enjoy the outcome of what i've installed. i also store my car at least 6 months of the year so i think i appreciate it a lot more than the folks who drive it every single day.

M6 is gone. ISF and a daily. New m6 has been one of my choices.

Originally Posted by Joker4096
You need some silicone spray in the tracks.
If Rob's idea doesnt work, i guess ill have to removed the door panel and do this. i hope not.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I just clean the black trim with some interior cleaner and mine stopped. My rear passenger side was doing it this summer too
thanks , ill try that.
Old 10-19-16, 08:29 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

If Rob's idea doesnt work, i guess ill have to removed the door panel and do this. i hope not.
You just have to spray it on the corners of the window with the glass down so it drips down the side channels.