IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What do you wish you knew...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-16, 12:28 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wish I knew that the car understeers like a pig with the anemic oem tires. Its an almost immediate upgrade needed if you intend to have any real fun in the corners with this car. It was alarming that my LS460 had more grip in the front than my ISF did. ( roll and grip are different )
Are you referring to the OEM tires being slick or the steering response being bad due to the soft LCA bushings? I'm reading a lot about RR-USRS. Seems like a good fix to help with the handling and uneven tire wear. My car's previous owner has the car on 245/275's.

Last edited by GAISF; 10-19-16 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 02:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I guess I know this going in - BUT the stock wheels and tires are definitely undersized for the type of vehicle it was (is). This has been corrected on the RCF and the GSF. I am running RCF wheels with 295/30 and 255/35, I also have the RRRacing LCA (USRS) bushings and the rear FSport sway bar. My F now handles like it's on rails.

Lou
Old 10-19-16, 02:07 PM
GAISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider
I guess I know this going in - BUT the stock wheels and tires are definitely undersized for the type of vehicle it was (is). This has been corrected on the RCF and the GSF. I am running RCF wheels with 295/30 and 255/35, I also have the RRRacing LCA (USRS) bushings and the rear FSport sway bar. My F now handles like it's on rails.
Lou - Is your car a daily driver or do you also spend time on the track? I'm interested in the RR-USRS to fix the tire wear issue but wonder how it might effect daily driving around town.
Old 10-19-16, 02:09 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Since I had an IS250 before my F and the fact this forum has a wealth of information, I knew a lot going into the purchase of my F.
But when I purchased my IS250, I wish I knew the back seats don't fold down.
Old 10-19-16, 02:21 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^^^^^Which sway bar did you put on the rear again?? Sikky or Fsport

Sorry this was in response to I8ABMR's post at the end of the first page...............

Lou,

Big difference with the Fsport rear sway bar when you put in on?? Any difference in diameter between that and the Sikky one?

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 10-19-16 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 02:31 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GAISF
Lou - Is your car a daily driver or do you also spend time on the track? I'm interested in the RR-USRS to fix the tire wear issue but wonder how it might effect daily driving around town.
My quote from another thread:

I have them on my ISF and can attest that they do what RRRacing claims they will do. Flatter cornering much better braking (virtually no dive braking). Just better all around handling. There is a bit more NVH, but the trade off is totally worth it IMHO.

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Lou,

Big difference with the Fsport rear sway bar when you put in on?? Any difference in diameter between that and the Sikky one?
Big difference No! But there was a difference. I've had it for for over 7 years now, I guess I'm sort of used to it being there. But, I do remember an improvement in a more planted rear end with it. IIRC I was on stock sized tires. I tend to ignore Sikky products, so I can't answer your question. However this chart that I made up years ago my help you. Note - I crawled under a few IS's at a dealer and measured with a mic. Everyone thought I was nucking futs

Lou
Attached Thumbnails What do you wish you knew...-isway-bar-specs.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 10-19-16 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 02:52 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

So what do I wish I knew before buying my car...

I wish I had reviewed this forum before purchasing the vehicle I chose (a 2008 w/54k). Would've bought a 2009 or later to get the upgraded interior materials which don't deteriorate in high heat & humidity. My interior currently looks great, but it's a west coast car that's been treated kindly.

Interesting to note how the thread morphed into a discussion about modifications.
Old 10-19-16, 05:36 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Big difference No! But there was a difference. I've had it for for over 7 years now, I guess I'm sort of used to it being there. But, I do remember an improvement in a more planted rear end with it. IIRC I was on stock sized tires. I tend to ignore Sikky products, so I can't answer your question. However this chart that I made up years ago my help you. Note - I crawled under a few IS's at a dealer and measured with a mic. Everyone thought I was nucking futs

Lou
Thanks Lou! Now just debating whether to wait until I put on coil overs first, then do the F-Sport, or just put on the F-Sport sway bar on first with the stock suspension/w swift springs?
Old 10-20-16, 04:13 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe it's just me or my car in particular but the windows are ridiculous to clean and keep clean. The rear window is just stupid. I've never in my life had such a crappy time keeping windows clean and streak free.

Thats all... Nothing too crazy. Dirty windows suck but it's not slowing me down any...
Old 10-22-16, 11:22 AM
flawless
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have the list of part numbers to install an F-sport rear sway bar on a 2011?

Also, i dont see many people doing the front sway bar. Why?
Old 10-22-16, 02:55 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flawless
Anyone have the list of part numbers to install an F-sport rear sway bar on a 2011?
It's Part No. PTR02-53080!

Originally Posted by flawless
Also, i dont see many people doing the front sway bar. Why?
Did you not look at the chart I posted above? If you look at it, you'll see that the dimensions are the same. The only difference I could see is in the bushings.

Lou
Old 10-22-16, 04:05 PM
flawless
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's Part No. PTR02-53080!

Did you not look at the chart I posted above? If you look at it, you'll see that the dimensions are the same. The only difference I could see is in the bushings.

Lou
Sikky makes a front sway bar. It was a general question to the audience. Thanks for the PN.
Old 10-22-16, 04:10 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Sorry if I misunderstood, but you asked for the FSport rear bar PN and then about the front bar. One could reasonably assume you were talking FSport for the front bar also. In addition, I tend to ignore anything Sikky.

Lou
Old 10-22-16, 06:02 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

^^^^Sorry if I misunderstood, but you asked for the FSport rear bar PN and then about the front bar. One could reasonably assume you were talking FSport for the front bar also. In addition, I tend to ignore anything Sikky.

Lou
Why is that? I have seen proven results from a number of their products. What's your take on them?
Old 10-22-16, 08:14 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mahcah
Why is that? I have seen proven results from a number of their products. What's your take on them?
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. They are a company that's been around for a good while now and I've only heard of a few negative feedbacks about them.

V.

Quick Reply: What do you wish you knew...