IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What mods do you regret on the IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-16, 03:25 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaposISF
Is it a nice loud?? Or super annoying loud.....Considering getting them.
I think it depends on ones taste. In my opinion, it is loud, but I think the sound is intoxicating. If you don't put your foot in it it is deep and mellow but when you put the hammer down Holy S***!! Would I want to take a road trip with it on......no, that is why I still have my Borla rear cans.
Old 10-18-16, 05:03 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets, stock cars are boring to me.
Old 10-18-16, 06:57 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I regret buying the TOMs kit. These bastards at TOMs USA have their heads up their asses . No eta, just hurry up and wait. ModInJapan can do nothing other than wait too. Total BS. I should return all the stuff and get the tune and headers . Spend thousands on parts and pay the parts of before they arrive. Something wrong with this picture
Thats why aero parts will be the last mod I will do. You will be a monster force to be reckoned with Headers and tune at the track!
Old 10-19-16, 06:36 AM
kiryu
Pit Crew

borla...dislike the drone and it's not just me. The drone isnt bad when you pay attention to it, but it always creep up on you and annoy you when you least expect it
Old 10-19-16, 06:56 AM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I regret selling my ISF 2012 wheels, I had instant sellers remorse after I ship them out! oh well now I have Wedsports
Old 10-19-16, 07:07 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Any buddy put stickier/bigger tires on the car and regret it? I put tires with too much grip on my last car and it stopped being entertaining. I get a giggle from chirping the tires.
Old 10-19-16, 07:25 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kiryu
borla...dislike the drone and it's not just me. The drone isnt bad when you pay attention to it, but it always creep up on you and annoy you when you least expect it
Maybe headers would help you.
Old 10-19-16, 07:31 AM
robtown
Rookie

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Any buddy put stickier/bigger tires on the car and regret it? I put tires with too much grip on my last car and it stopped being entertaining. I get a giggle from chirping the tires.
I'm interested to know this too as I'm looking to install 295s in the rear. I have intake and exhaust but no immediate plans for headers.

Will I still be able to get that 2nd gear chirp. I assume I will still be able to get a little sideways given the weight when I want to step the back end out for a little fun.

Rob
Old 10-19-16, 12:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Thats why aero parts will be the last mod I will do. You will be a monster force to be reckoned with Headers and tune at the track!
That's what I was considering . I PMd TOMS USA and ripped them a new ******* and threatened to post all over about their ****ty service. Once I threatened to share my bad experience on my Facebook page ,with over 7000 F Fans from around the world, I got a personal PM from TOMS USA owner last night . They swear its on the way and will see if they can expedite my diffuser .Crazy because Lou from ModInJapan was calling them every single day for 3 weeks. I send one PM with a threat to hurt their rep and they all of a sudden have a eta , and info on when it leaves Japan and when it arrives in the LA port.

BTW for the dozens out there who are also waiting for their TOMS parts..........YOU ARE WELCOME !! Should be here by 11/2

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-19-16 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 12:26 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
Ha, I did too for the first 1k miles or so but you really need to let it break in then it gets quieter and richer/deeper
Thats right. It's like a switch once it quiets down. It's still loud under full throttle but it's much more manageable below 2000 rpm. I was running the secondary flap operational and just bypassed it the other night. Now it's both quieter, smoother in power progression and it feels more modularly mechanical if that makes any sense. It feels like a wound up rubbber band with some sort of mild electric brake on decel. :-)

Its been like Christmas week or something and I just found a new personality of her's. I was ready to go with the mufflers back on even though I loved the sound of the exhaust.

Last edited by Bigjon3475; 10-19-16 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-19-16, 02:08 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,289 Posts

I guess my first crush bend dual exhaust system that I had done back in 2008 when I only had a hundred miles on my F. But, that system was thrown out years ago. That's really the only thing. I tend to be overly think things, and never make impulse purchases. And when I decide it's something I really want, I spend another couple of days rethinking my decision. Though slow, it has worked out well for me.

Lou
Old 10-19-16, 02:27 PM
snackids
Rookie

Gutting the stock cats. When I stand behind the car now, I feel like I'm cutting onions.
Old 10-19-16, 02:43 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I was surprised at the comment about the Borla exhaust system, but I kind of agree. From the first moment I installed it I kind of thought, "wow, this thing is loud".

However it is one of the few things that really does add power to the IS F. It is also good almost for ever and is really a pretty quality exhaust system. I have gotten used to the drone and if I took it off I would probably be unhappy.

Now the front lower suspension bushings, (Mine are from Figs) are a super good idea and every car should have them. I have two LS 430's and will, as needed, install them on those cars also.
Old 10-19-16, 03:08 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

The only mod I made to the F which I later regretted was to install a set of short tube unequal length headers. Because right after I did this, they started selling equal length headers in 2 different lengths(!). Which are now on the car.
Old 10-19-16, 04:48 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

What mod ? we have mods for ours car ? lolz i didnt notice :P

Quick Reply: What mods do you regret on the IS-F?