FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

In for thousand dollar tips.
Old 10-12-16, 07:03 AM
robtown
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it me, or does it look like the tips are just covers that go over the stock tips? Looking at the 2nd pic. It appears the stock tips are recessed under the Ti tips.
Old 10-12-16, 07:06 AM
Jangco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robtown
Is it me, or does it look like the tips are just covers that go over the stock tips? Looking at the 2nd pic. It appears the stock tips are recessed under the Ti tips.
I was thinking the same thing
Old 10-12-16, 07:09 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Looks like just covers - $1,200 covers to be more precise!

http://www.mcr-ltd.com/products/isfis/05/index.html
Old 10-12-16, 07:25 AM
robtown
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vervish
Looks like just covers - $1,200 covers to be more precise!

http://www.mcr-ltd.com/products/isfis/05/index.html
Ouch! I think I'll pass.
Old 10-12-16, 08:15 AM
FFM
Racer

Haha which means the exhaust is likely even way more than the Greddy. And it mimics the stock exhaust layout which is proven to not make power
Old 10-12-16, 09:23 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^...........Yep in for the tips only plz

In all seriousness see if you can get just the tips???? I bet you'd sell a ton of them!
Old 10-12-16, 09:49 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robtown
If you look at the actual muffler canisters you can see how it is not OEM factory canister but is instead MCR's custom fabricated canisters.. so my only question is, why do you think they would fabricate an aftermarket canister then fabricate aftermarket tips then install factory tips and slide extra sleeves over them?

This exhaust is compatible with OEM factory tips but I have a difficult time understanding why MCR would go through so much trouble to shave weight in every area possible, then start adding weight back on after they are finished.

To verify I have reached out to MCR Japan (who is asleep at the moment) so hopefully by either the end of today or sometime tomorrow I will have more detailed info as well as more pics and hopefully a sound clip for everyone to enjoy.

-Hunter
Old 10-12-16, 10:04 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FFM
Haha which means the exhaust is likely even way more than the Greddy. And it mimics the stock exhaust layout which is proven to not make power
In general an exhaust can only ever generate so much more horsepower. Yes there is the the opportunity to amplify gains at the expense of factory layout but ultimately it is two opposite sides of the same spectrum. Either a completely innovative design that generates power or a lighter design that frees up the power-to-weight ratio more. Only way a company could do both is if they are convinced consumers will purchase no matter the financial circumstance (which is never the case) because research and development for such an innovative design takes time and money for materials and monitoring equipment plus track time and data recording.

Unless a company believes cost is not an issue to the consumer then they must compromise somewhere. Most aftermarket companies and tuning shops prefer to only ever stray so far from factory designs because it is part of what helps the consumer maintain factory warranty as well as helping them save on research and development. Companies such as MCR never stray from functionality for they truly believe their results represent their credibility better than any image or advertisement ever could. More money is spent on R&D to ensure the most harmonic balance of all variables than anywhere else in their business because they realize that their success or failure is a direct result of the ability or inability to appeal to the community.

So considering how most titanium exhausts for the ISF that are less than half the weight of the factory and are more expensive than most consumers are willing to spend, I am curious to know how many people would pay even more for a titanium exhaust with its own original amplified powerband when they aren't willing to buy the lighter exhaust that is already proven to increase your acceleration.

Companies such as MCR try to compromise wherever possible because they truly believe that whatever they pursue, they are pursuing for the good of the automotive community both OEM and aftermarket.

In theory (because human error from driver is always a lurking variable) for every one-hundred pounds you shave off of your car your 0-60 mph acceleration is approximately one-tenth of a second faster. So for those just above the three or four second 0-60 time, shaving weight is your best chance of keeping up with the rivals that just barely pull away from you no matter how hard you try.

Free yourself and unload your burdens. Lighten your life and accelerate your pursuits. Help me to help you find what you always desired by experiencing the best of what you always wanted but never knew existed.. that is why I am here, for all of you.
Old 10-12-16, 10:06 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by BPauto
If you look at the actual muffler canisters you can see how it is not OEM factory canister but is instead MCR's custom fabricated canisters.. so my only question is, why do you think they would fabricate an aftermarket canister then fabricate aftermarket tips then install factory tips and slide extra sleeves over them?
I see the mesh material in the opening where the exhaust tips are still present, that leads me to believe the mufflers are not connected to the tips. Looks like they fabricated the tips to match the finish of the rest of the system (even though tips are not actually attached).

Looking forward to hear what they say - looks really nice, whether it is a cover or not.
Old 10-12-16, 10:15 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vervish
I see the mesh material in the opening where the exhaust tips are still present, that leads me to believe the mufflers are not connected to the tips. Looks like they fabricated the tips to match the finish of the rest of the system (even though tips are not actually attached).

Looking forward to hear what they say - looks really nice, whether it is a cover or not.
I totally understand. That threw me for a new one too when I first noticed it. Originally I thought it was similar to other setups where the tips are fabricated with clamps so you can either use those or the factory tips depending on the look you wanted.

Your involvement is greatly appreciated and I'm grateful for your enthusiasm and most importantly, your logic. People like the ones on here are why I am so grateful for my mentality because people such as yourself encourage me to keep digging until I find the answers... really helps keep me mentally aware and sharp haha
Old 10-12-16, 11:31 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Well, standing by for numbers, such as power gains and the weight of the system.
How much louder is it over the OEM system?
PM me the pricing please.
Old 10-12-16, 11:48 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

I have no desire to throw shade at anyone or toward any product but, since we're discussing titanium exhausts, here are pics of my GReddy titanium, true dual exhaust prior to installation. The GReddy exhaust enables the end user to use the OEM exhaust tips, or the GReddy tips that come with the exhaust. I stuck with the OEM tips, but there is another member using the GReddy tips and they are quite attractive on his USB car (same as mine).

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/53003-1/Exhaust1.jpg

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/53006-1/Exhaust2.jpg

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/53009-1/Exhaust3.jpg

Ken.
Old 10-13-16, 03:27 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

^^^beautiful. It's almost a shame to put that on your car!

Almost....
Old 10-13-16, 05:19 AM
FFM
Racer

How much you want for those tips haha

Quick Reply: MCR Titanium exhaust - Brace Yourself!!