IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Yet another ISF to GTR thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-16, 04:43 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Nice pick up Chris! I'm also sad to be getting rid of the F, but I never drive it anymore and upgrades to the house have taken priority.

Did you pick that up around here?
thanks Chris!Bought it down in Brockton, ma. It was the sales managers personal car. It was one of the lower priced gtrs around but it had extensive service records that the car fax didn't show. He had all fluids changed by a gtr tech and did the pos(performance optimization service).
The house is important and you can always go back to a performance vehicle

Last edited by chrisp1; 10-04-16 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-04-16, 04:52 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Originally Posted by kzlflash
Dang, the prices have really dropped for the later model GTRs. $67k sounds like a steal for a 2015, but then again I haven't been following the market for GTRs. I wouldn't be surprised if it's due to the 2017 redesign.
there are some great deals out there! Low mileage GTR you're still gonna pay a premium for it if you don't mind a little bit of mileage on the car you can get quite a deal. Service is everything with these cars and so service records and receipts are super important which is why I didn't mind the one that I bought having 34,000 miles. The guy just put a set of 4 Michelin pilot super sport $2000 tires on it as well. I was a little surprised by where the value of my ISF was being a 2011 with 45,000 miles and every receipt and service record for everything I've ever done to the car. The trade-in value is 26 to 33 and they ended up giving me 30 for the car. I had talked to the owner/manager before and he said he would knock 1k off to get to 67. The sales guy I was working with didn't know that and went up from 28 to 30k on my trade and then put 68 for the gtr. Told him I had already agreed on the 67.....worked out pretty well I feel.
Old 10-04-16, 05:47 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats and enjoy. You know you are in a beast when you are in a GTR and now you own one. I also second what everyone has said about the importance of knowing the vehicle history along with documented maintenance. Knowing those things of course applies to any performance vehicle in my opinion but certainly those GTR's from what I have heard from a few past and present used GTR owners.
Old 10-04-16, 08:37 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations good trade up and you got a deal
Old 10-04-16, 10:51 PM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the GTR!! $67k damn deals, wish i could afford that
Old 10-05-16, 03:49 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Originally Posted by 808newbie
Congrats on the GTR!! $67k damn deals, wish i could afford that
save your money bro! I have been tucking a little bit away every week for a long time now so I could put a decent chunk down with my trade and have a reasonable payment that I can pay off early. Anybody can do it if they focus on saving and are willing to make a few sacrifices for a while.
Old 10-05-16, 05:11 AM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats on the GTR
Old 10-08-16, 07:40 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

If anyone's interested I have a few leftover items including a brand-new car cover still in the box for an ISF, the stock shift ****, stock exhaust manifolds, possibly borla exhaust(waiting to see if dealer is going to put the stock exhaust on or just include it when they sell the isf), and the stock intake elbow.
Old 10-21-16, 04:02 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Quick comparison between a 15' gtr and a 11' isf. I will not be going back to the isf like a few people have but I can understand why they might feel inclined to do so. If your more interested in refinement then the Lexus might be better for some as the gtr transmission/driveline is noisy/clunky at low speeds. I knew than going in and it doesn't bother me. The gtr is more comfortable as far as the suspension is concerned imo. Soaks up road imperfections with ease but can be switched to race mode for extra stiffness. Interior is finished quite nicely and the car can give you so much information on the screen- all temperature read outs, cornering g-force, acceleration timer etc. performance wise it's really not even close. 2.9 second 0-60 with launch control and around 3.4 without. Stock quarter mile is somewhere in the 11.2@122 range. The car does attract quite a bit of attention which is good or bad depending on the person but the car does seem to be more of a sausage magnet.
both great vehicles but the gtr is making it easy to not miss the isf
Old 10-21-16, 05:32 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
Quick comparison between a 15' gtr and a 11' isf. I will not be going back to the isf like a few people have but I can understand why they might feel inclined to do so. If your more interested in refinement then the Lexus might be better for some as the gtr transmission/driveline is noisy/clunky at low speeds. I knew than going in and it doesn't bother me. The gtr is more comfortable as far as the suspension is concerned imo. Soaks up road imperfections with ease but can be switched to race mode for extra stiffness. Interior is finished quite nicely and the car can give you so much information on the screen- all temperature read outs, cornering g-force, acceleration timer etc. performance wise it's really not even close. 2.9 second 0-60 with launch control and around 3.4 without. Stock quarter mile is somewhere in the 11.2@122 range. The car does attract quite a bit of attention which is good or bad depending on the person but the car does seem to be more of a sausage magnet.
both great vehicles but the gtr is making it easy to not miss the isf

Good review. I agree with it. I myself may end up moving to a GTR in a few years. Just imo it hasn't been out long enough to show me it will stand the test of time or I haven't seen many if any that I could remember with over 100k let alone 150k. Most owners buy to have as weekend toys or cruiser toys which is fine and why you can find them used with decent mileage.

Being around Nissan half of my life is what scares me about getting into a GTR but again once I feel they have proven themselves with time and mileage I'll be more inclined to jump aboard.

Have fun with it! I know I do when I get the chance to drive one for a month or so.
Old 10-21-16, 05:42 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Im glad you're enjoying your GTR. Please update this thread in the future. I want to read your thoughts on maintenance and other items that might come up.
Old 10-21-16, 06:48 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Nice! Thanks for sharing! Im glad you're enjoying your GTR. Please update this thread in the future. I want to read your thoughts on maintenance and other items that might come up.

We performed a brake job on one last week and IIRC his bill was just shy of $2500. Rotors and pads for the front only I do believe.
Old 10-21-16, 08:52 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^^Can you please enlighten us on why the GTR brake jobs are so expensive?? Take labor out of the equation if your doing it yourself, rotors are just iron correct (not carbon ceramic)?

I'm trying to figure out why the GTR brake jobs seem like they're a fortune........ what am I missing here? Or are they special GTR brakes and only fit that model and justify that kind of cost?

Thx
Old 10-21-16, 09:09 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^^^Can you please enlighten us on why the GTR brake jobs are so expensive?? Take labor out of the equation if your doing it yourself, rotors are just iron correct (not carbon ceramic)?

I'm trying to figure out why the GTR brake jobs seem like they're a fortune........ what am I missing here? Or are they special GTR brakes and only fit that model and justify that kind of cost?

Thx
I'll find the specs on them. It's been so long since I've spec'd the car out and tried to look at why things cost the way they do (I did this the first year it came out)

The pads MSRP @ 599.20
Rotors MSRP @ 1096.18 ea

It was our Master Techs personal GTR so no labor was involved all $ was in parts and they were given at employee rate hence the just under $2400.

But our labor rate for GTR Front brake job only is right about $450.00

Last edited by Justin727; 10-21-16 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-21-16, 09:40 AM
Fuzzyoner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats
The GTR is one bad *** car

Quick Reply: Yet another ISF to GTR thread