IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Performance Driving School participants - Post your reviews in here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-16, 02:22 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus Performance Driving School participants - Post your reviews in here!

Since Florida is this weekend, I'm very curious to know how it is for you guys that are partaking in the fun! Please let us know which event you opted for (Full Day/Half Day/Freebie), and hopefully give us a detailed review of your day's activities.

Thank you and I will definitely update everyone after participating in the Full Day session in Joliet, IL on 10/7.

Everyone stay safe out there and have a great weekend!
Old 10-02-16, 11:37 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

just got back. I opted for the free session at 820. Didnt go into the lecture until 9. Lecture was interesting. after That we went to the small track to take some corners go cart style in the rc 350 and IS 350. I had fun. Drove about 5-6 times. Right when it was time to switch lightening hit. So we had to go inside for 30 mins. Once it passed they called us out.

Some of the people in our group left so I thought great, more chances to drive on the big track. THey paired us up (if you have a friend you drive with them. We were doing the follow the leader. So I wanted to really only drive gsf. Me and buddy were forced into an RCF. I thought nothing of it because I knew Id be able to get the GSF next since it wasnt many of us.

THe driving leader was a *****, driving like an old lady. First lap was meh. I was car 3 SO the secong lap I lagged behind so I could take some corners hard and come up out of them like a beast. I was running up on the other cars on the straight cause the leader was driving like a vagina. NExt me and friend switch and we did two more laps and again the lexus leader kid was driving like a puss. My buddy did my trick and lagged behind also.

After that we pulled into the pit and Im thinking ok gsf next. No one was waiting in line. So I ask to do the gsf next and the lead drive cut me off and said no only one car and two laps each. I guess that was what the free people get.
I was like WTF, I came to drive GSF and you made me get into a rcf. THat lil punk then repeated, only two laps in one car.

I said Fuc dat, I found this black dude giving out helmets and told him. He said hold on let me get the boss. Boss comes and I explain I came to drive a gsf, The kid made me get into an RCF. I drive an ISF and I own two other lexuses.

Boss said ok, and called the kid and told him I will be driving the GSF next! Kid then apologizsed. I ignored him and jumped in the car. Kid was the leader again, but I did my lag trick so I could push the gsf.

On the back straight I was running up on the kid cause he was still driving like a vagina in the RCF.

Overall it was nice minus the kid. I did the rcf drive experience years ago on the same track and it was better because they had other cars and the lead drivers were not vaginas. And I got to drive until my head hurt.

Side note. I like the GSF better than RCF. It felt more balanced and lighter than the rcf.

So If yall plan to drive the GSF dont let the twit force you into the rcf.
Old 10-02-16, 05:54 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Here's a couple of pics that I took during my time with the Express Experience at the Lexus Performance Driving School at PBIR today. The random rain showers and lightning made it difficult to get the groups through the autocross and lead/follow track events in a timely manner.

We had an opportunity to do a couple of autocross runs in the 3IS350 and RC350 F-Sport. The RC350 kept its composure through the course and I had no complaints but when it came to pushing the 3IS350 hard on the course, I was utterly disappointed at how much body roll and lack of steering feedback I was receiving with this car in the corners.

Driving the RC-F for a couple of laps on PBIR was a much more enjoyable experience. Even though that portion of the event was merely a lead/follow process and we weren't given the opportunity to really push the RC-F or GS-F anywhere close to the limits, you can feel the 255F/275R Michelin PSS tires stick to the track with hardly a hint of body roll and the steering feel was great. Having the 2UR motor at WOT up to 7300 RPMs on the straights was acoustically pleasing as well. Not sure why but the RC-F that I was driving on the track was only equipped with a Torsen LSD and not the higher-performance TVD.

I think the best part of the event was seeing the RCF-GT in person. It was also interesting to note that Randy Pobst ex-wife was one of the participating instructors there and she shared a few funny stories of their time together.

Last edited by redspencer; 10-03-16 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-05-16, 01:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

That sucks that it was damp