IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Are you kidding me???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-16, 06:16 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you kidding me???

https://www.independencemazda.com/vehicles/2008-lexus-is-f-4110a-jthbp262285004167
Check out the history on this car and tell me WHY they are asking $22,000 for this POS
Old 09-28-16, 06:18 PM
mmartin061
banned

Default Are you kidding me???

https://www.independencemazda.com/vehicles/2008-lexus-is-f-4110a-jthbp262285004167

Who in their right mind would buy this car for $22,000 with the car fax it has??? What do these dealerships think?
Old 09-28-16, 09:30 PM
Minh93
Driver

I saw it, I'm thinking about it, but I don't think it worth because 3-4k more we can get another better than this.
Old 09-29-16, 04:28 PM
mmartin061
banned

Go look at the carfax. 3 accidents. That is why that price is ridiculous
Old 09-29-16, 04:40 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

dealerships can ask whatever they want, so with everyone else.. it's the one who buys it that matters..
Old 09-29-16, 04:44 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This car has too many history. It had 4 owners and 3 accidents. Last one with airbag deployed. Not sure what their asking price was but good luck.

Kinda curious to see who buys this and how much though.
Old 09-29-16, 05:29 PM
Minh93
Driver

Originally Posted by Namster
This car has too many history. It had 4 owners and 3 accidents. Last one with airbag deployed. Not sure what their asking price was but good luck.

Kinda curious to see who buys this and how much though.
They are asking 22k.
Old 09-29-16, 05:33 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
dealerships can ask whatever they want, so with everyone else.. it's the one who buys it that matters..
yep. don't like the price, either negotiate or move on.
Old 09-29-16, 05:55 PM
Minh93
Driver

How much will this worth? Maybe 17k ??
Old 09-29-16, 07:59 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly don't think the price is all that bad...... got to consider what else you could buy for 22k? Certainly not as much car as an IS-F?

USB is the color a lot of people want, the miles are a bit high, but not crazy high, $22,000 isn't a bad price as far as I'm concerned. Yes 3, accidents, however none seem THAT major. Just because an airbag deployed doesn't mean it was completely rebuilt?

The car still has a clean title, and doesn't sound like its that bad. I would think it would sell in high 20's with no accidents?

As someone in the business but also owns my 2nd ISF, ....I guarantee this will sell quickly for that price.

Last edited by USBM2011; 09-29-16 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-29-16, 09:20 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, 3 accidents!
Old 09-30-16, 07:02 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by USBM2011
I honestly don't think the price is all that bad...... got to consider what else you could buy for 22k? Certainly not as much car as an IS-F?

USB is the color a lot of people want, the miles are a bit high, but not crazy high, $22,000 isn't a bad price as far as I'm concerned. Yes 3, accidents, however none seem THAT major. Just because an airbag deployed doesn't mean it was completely rebuilt?

The car still has a clean title, and doesn't sound like its that bad. I would think it would sell in high 20's with no accidents?

As someone in the business but also owns my 2nd ISF, ....I guarantee this will sell quickly for that price.
Interesting to hear your opinion then, you're probably right.

I'm curious how this kinda thing impacts those of us who plan on hoping/having the car become collectible. I think of it all the time - "if this bastard behind me rear ends me, how bad would it be? Bad enough to call the cops & get dinged on Carfax / Autocheck? Probably just eat the cost to avoid the data ding....."
Old 09-30-16, 11:11 AM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Interesting to hear your opinion then, you're probably right.

I'm curious how this kinda thing impacts those of us who plan on hoping/having the car become collectible. I think of it all the time - "if this bastard behind me rear ends me, how bad would it be? Bad enough to call the cops & get dinged on Carfax / Autocheck? Probably just eat the cost to avoid the data ding....."

I think they're on the money to be honest, because with out the accidents its easily a 25-27000.00 car, depending on how the rest of it looks. The pictures leave a bit to be desired because they clearly just took in on trade, or just received it. The car because hadn't even been detailed or reconditioned yet from the looks of it. Of course seeing it in person can tell a lot more of a story. In my experience cigarette smoke, or dog smell can devalue a car more than accidents....

In my experience, accidents don't effect a retail buyer as much as the dealership will try to devalue a car with accidents in a large way. However with a car like an ISF rather then an everyday run of the mill car like a civic or camry, I think the accident will effect the value down the road. You'd be surprised how many folks don't ask for carfax, and ones that do don't care if its been in minor fender bender. However all bets are off when your dealing with a car that is clearly going to be purchased by an enthusiast. But with that said, I think they've adjusted the price appropriately to show the accidents, 4-5k less than it'd be worth otherwise? I think thats fair.

In terms of if I were to get hit by someone, I would definitely fight their insurance company for diminished value, which is hard to prove, and a lot of times they will definitely try to tell you to pound sand, but i've seen it done before. I think accidents will definitely effect the value in terms of collectibility ect, because people will always lean towards a car that has had no damage. However, thats not to say a car thats been properly repaired, and didn't have major structural damage still has some good value, and is a good car to own. Just look at old muscle cars and collectibles, its more important to have the VINs matching, records, and original parts. A restored repainted rebuilt old rare mustang is still going to bring a lot of money, and always will. Granted it'll be less then an all original creampuff, that hasn't been touched for 40 years, but thats very rare.

Keep in mind also CarFax are not always correct, and not always accurate in terms of how they record the records on the VIN, things could be grossly exaggerated, or under exaggerated as well. Best bet is to look it over for your self or someone qualified, major issues with a car will show through. Then make a determination on what its worth at that time compared to what it'd be worth if it were perfect.

For the record Ive been in the car biz for 15 years, used to be retail, but i now work for C o x Automotive for the last 8 years, we own KBB.com, Autotrader.com, Manheim Auto Auctions, Dealer.com and several other automotive industry corporations. So I have no affiliation with this dealership at all...

Last edited by USBM2011; 09-30-16 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-30-16, 11:39 AM
kitsune
Pole Position

$22k isn't a bad start.
Old 09-30-16, 01:08 PM
RNISF
Rookie

Lol owner 4 was a moron. 2 front end collisions with one having airbags deployed, in a 2 month period. Glad they got rid of it.

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me???