IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tunerwerks ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-16, 12:55 PM
sectorz33
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tunerwerks ECU Tune

I was wondering if anyone has used this company to tune your F? They are a bit different from Rr racing, they come to you and tune your car for $1000.. rather than having the unit with you at all times. They claim to have plenty of files and marketing their product to boost 71hp and 90tq... obviously not at the wheel. This company is developed in Germany and they work mostly on German cars but have files for ISF. The company again is Tunerwerks if you can't read the title.. so any experience? Josh you are free to chime in bro!
Old 09-27-16, 01:56 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sectorz33
I was wondering if anyone has used this company to tune your F? They are a bit different from Rr racing, they come to you and tune your car for $1000.. rather than having the unit with you at all times. They claim to have plenty of files and marketing their product to boost 71hp and 90tq... obviously not at the wheel. This company is developed in Germany and they work mostly on German cars but have files for ISF. The company again is Tunerwerks if you can't read the title.. so any experience? Josh you are free to chime in bro!
71hp/90tq for just a tune on NA. I highly doubt that
Old 09-27-16, 02:17 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

highly doubt it works, why not just go with rr racing tune that it's been proven to work and they have an amazing customer support.
Old 09-27-16, 02:38 PM
sectorz33
Driver

Originally Posted by blackisF08
highly doubt it works, why not just go with rr racing tune that it's been proven to work and they have an amazing customer support.
I am probably sticking with RR racing, the thing is that who knows if there is another company out there that has cracked another code that is even better? I'm a semi IT guy so there are always a better software discovered elsewhere. But Rr racing does seem like the best bet so far in my research.
Old 09-27-16, 02:40 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Thats big gains for a N/A engine. Even with supporting mods such as Exhaust, Headers etc if others cant achieve those gains then i doubt they could too. They must have one hell of a happy dyno to give those kind of before and after's. Id even question the reliability of the tune to push the engine to make that much extra power but safely all day everyday.

I havent looked but do they have a website, testimonials, uploaded dyno runs etc more details of their approach to a tune (especially from a mobile service).

Whilst cheap, given the quality of our cars, like others have suggested, id stick with a proven player on the scene unless you have plenty of cash, then give it a go as you could always get it retuned somewhere else lol
Old 09-27-16, 03:16 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya looks a bit fishy. Just a quick 5 min search brought me to their website along with their YouTube account. Only 4 testimonial videos and not a dyno chart in sight
Old 09-27-16, 03:23 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ROYALISF
Ya looks a bit fishy. Just a quick 5 min search brought me to their website along with their YouTube account. Only 4 testimonial videos and not a dyno chart in sight
I also did a quick search and have the same opinion as you. They may be in their early days of tuning ISF's like everyone else due to recent ECU restrictions but they claim to have years of experience in Euro cars etc but little content on their site. a few cars flashing on a slideshow but its just numbers without substance.

Especially given the fact they are mobile whereas other places tune on their dyno so you can get before and afters. Can they supply before and afters as thats the main thing vs the final number as all dyno's vary etc.

Their website has some testimonials but i thought a few of them just didnt sound right. Kind of like Ebay and when you read some reviews, you just know they are crap and made up.

Got no doubt they can tune it as more and more tuners can now these days but as said, they make some big claims that really have to be substantiated to convince most although the price might convince a few to take a chance???
Old 09-27-16, 03:57 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just outta curiosity...did u see them on craigslist?
Old 09-27-16, 05:12 PM
sectorz33
Driver

Originally Posted by kings222
just outta curiosity...did u see them on craigslist?
yes. I'm gonna get raped I'm assuming. He will probably come and tune my anus....
Old 09-27-16, 06:14 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

it is hard to believe anyone can make that much power with just a tune on a NA car, specially when you look at what rr racing has done with the supercharger they can barely reach 100hp more
Old 09-27-16, 07:27 PM
sectorz33
Driver

Originally Posted by blackisF08
it is hard to believe anyone can make that much power with just a tune on a NA car, specially when you look at what rr racing has done with the supercharger they can barely reach 100hp more
i love our F, but I wish it was much easier to tune for more
power like those damn Evo and GTRs..
Old 09-27-16, 07:33 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They posted on Facebook July 15 but nobody commented on that and they said nothing. It hard to believe it.

Old 09-27-16, 07:44 PM
minator
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe they accidentally put the gains of an m3 or c63..
Old 09-27-16, 10:35 PM
Brad3275
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol!!!!!!!

yes. I'm gonna get raped i'm assuming. He will probably come and tune my anus....
Old 09-28-16, 09:18 AM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

yes. I'm gonna get raped i'm assuming. He will probably come and tune my anus....
i lol'd hard

Quick Reply: Tunerwerks ECU Tune