IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone planning on doing a Smoking Tire One Take?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-16, 01:11 AM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone planning on doing a Smoking Tire One Take?

I'm sure there are many people here who enjoy the One Take series from Matt Farah, and I know that there has already been a video with first gen IS-F, but I think that if it's possible, anyone that is able to do a One Take with him should do it. I live in Toronto, Canada and there were many times I thought hard about doing a road trip down to L.A. to do a one take, but it really seems like a huge trip to make (although driving those amazing roads in L.A. would really help make it worth it). Therefore, I want to implore anyone who is in reasonable proximity to L.A. to please think about doing a One Take and showing off the car again and representing the IS-F community. Those with really upgraded cars that are finely tuned can really help show the car community what a great platform the IS-F is to build on. There are many of you with track-specific upgrades, and I think that if Matt had another chance to see a really well setup IS-F, he would have a new impression of our car. Anyways, in the end of the day it's not super important that someone go and do it, but I think it's something that people should consider if they are able to do it because it will be a great memory and you will make the F community very happy.
Old 09-24-16, 06:01 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I've always felt our cars and RCF have been mis represented in all these type of similiar shows. With the exception of the LFA and now GSF, the F badge is finally getting a break. Not a big one but at least some. I do agree with you OP, with all the above mentioned. If I were Matt, it will take some confincing. The car has been on the show already, and like you mentioned it will have to be setup extremely well. His expectations will be through the roof but he's seems reasonable. RR Racing should take their shop car...lol.
Old 09-24-16, 06:46 AM
Eedo123
Rookie

How did I not even think of that, RR Racing's car would be amazing to show, especially now with the supercharger. I think it will be amazing, and honestly, to hear what Matt can compare it too will give us memebers and idea of how good our cars can be if we want it to be
Old 09-24-16, 09:48 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I've left him a comment if he wanted to take my FOB 2012 ISF for a go since he does a lot of his "testing" on roads near my house. He hasn't responded.
Old 09-24-16, 11:04 AM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was just thinking about RR yesterday when I was watching a few old videos! IIRC the ISF he reviewed was just exhaust only? I know he had good things to say so I'm interested to see how he would like a FBO car. If I was near California I would for sure.
Old 09-24-16, 06:55 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Matt would do the first RR S/C ISF in the country besides Rafi I bet!
Old 09-24-16, 07:00 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Guys, we should probably hit up Rafi and ask him if he's willing to do it? It will only give the RR Racing brand more exposure and show of the beast of a car the ISF can truly be! If someone who's more inclined with the recruiting process of the show can let Rafi know, that'll be great!
Old 09-24-16, 07:29 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I don't know how often Matt flies to other states to do One Takes, if not Rafi would have to drive out to L.A. or transport it out there for the session??
Old 09-25-16, 09:18 AM
daedalus
Pole Position

Just posted this Friday. Might be relevant to anyone considering submitting.

Old 09-25-16, 04:57 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Sure, if he wants to ship my car to Los Angeles and ship it back, I might consider.
Old 09-25-16, 05:12 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

He can take my car anytime little Matt :P