IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-24, 10:26 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

We will have the next group buy order for the GROM VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 system starting on March 12th. Both systems will add wireless CarPlay and Android Auto to the factory stereo of your Lexus vehicle. The group ordering period will run until March 20th. The group order participants will receive a special discount code for $120 off the VLine VL2 or $70 off the VLite VT2. Both VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 will be available under the group order.

The product will ship from the end of March to early April. If you want to participate in the upcoming group order, please send us a private message with your name and email address, and we will add you to the group order list. There is no obligation to order within the group. You can also send us the request to join the group order via our website contact form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Both VLine VL2 and VLite VT2 systems offer wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. Contact us with any questions, and we will be happy to help!

Some of the frequently asked questions are:

1. What is the difference between GROM VLine VL2 and VLite VT2?
The GROM VLine VL2 offers wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a stand-alone Android interface that you can use to download almost any app from the Google Play store to use in your car. The GROM VLite VT2 system is for wireless CarPlay and Android Auto only.

2. Can I install the system myself?
Yes, you can install the system if you have some technical ability. You will need to disassemble the portion of the dashboard to connect the system to the back of the stereo and display and install the microphone and GPS antenna. We have plenty of install videos on our website:
https://gromaudio.com/installs/index.html
Otherwise, the local car stereo shop in your area should be able to help you with the installation.

The GROM
VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 systems come with 30 days return for the refund period and 18-month warranty.

To join the group, send us the request via the web form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html or PM us your email address, and we will add you to the group list.

Wireless CarPlay on the factory car stereo of Lexus GS 350 2016-2020, using GROM VLine VL2 system.

Wireless Android Auto on the factory car stereo of Lexus GS 350 2016-2020, using GROM VLine VL2 system.

Old 03-07-24, 10:46 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ackshen
Yep I got it fully installed last night. I left the factory mic as-is and mounted the secondary mic next to the rear view mirror. I wasn't clear if the factory mic still drove phone calls in some form or another now, but it's all clear, everything runs through the VLite. Install went well, nothing unexpected and super impressed with the unit so far - amazing upgrade from 2008 into the modern infotainment era.
Thank you for your feedback!